• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Swedish experiment of doing remarkably little about Covid-19

Arabiska Partiet - Home | Facebook
The newly formed Swedish Arab party is calling on Swedes who do not value multiculturalism to renounce their citizenship and leave the country.

On their official Facebook channel, they ask: "The Arab party asks all Swedes who do not accept the values of diversity to renounce their citizenship and leave the country. You have nothing to do here, your Sweden, which you would like to return, is gone forever."

The party also says that they want to organize a special emigration project for Swedes "who do not like the situation in the country." They promise that all Swedes who are critical of immigration will be offered generous financial compensation if they voluntarily leave Sweden. According to party Secretary Krara al-Hamede, this will lead to more effective integration, as well as to the unification of the country.

"If multiculturalism does not suit someone, then society can help with emigration. We want to develop an emigration project and conclude agreements with countries that may be of interest to Swedes, such as Poland, Thailand, New Zealand or other more homogeneous and less religious countries. We see that many Swedes and especially pensioners would like to move, but they can't afford it, and we will help them, " says al-Hamede.

The calls of the Arab parties have harshly criticized. In the comments, distressed Swedes respond that it is not them, but the newcomers who "create chaos and tension in Sweden" and therefore should "return home" themselves. At the same time, others welcome the fact that the party recognizes its difference from other Swedish residents so that everyone can see what it means.

It is not known how many members the Arab party has, but their Facebook page has added more than 200 subscribers in the last 24 hours alone.

The Arab party plans to register with the Swedish electoral authority in order to be able to participate in the parliamentary elections in 2022.

Was watching a report on Sweden. If a susceptible person gets the virus, they give them morphine to ease the pain of not breathing and let them die.

The Swedish state is saving billions of dollars letting these unhealthy people die off. This way the state doesn't have to spend money keeping them alive.

Was watching a report on Sweden. If a susceptible person gets the virus, they give them morphine to ease the pain of not breathing and let them die.

The Swedish state is saving billions of dollars letting these unhealthy people die off. This way the state doesn't have to spend money keeping them alive.

It's probably an option, and probably long practiced. Assuming what you say is true. Too many media lies to know.

No, they don't do that. Where did you hear that bs?

Which report was that?

Sweden records its lowest number of covid cases since March with just 108 after country decided against lockdown
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-cases-March-108-did-not-impose-lockdown.html

• Sweden's seven-day average for coronavirus was 108 as of Tuesday
  • The figure is its lowest since March 13 when it decided not to impose lockdown
  • France, Spain, the UK and the Czech Republic all have higher case numbers
By JACK NEWMAN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 14:30 EDT, 15 September 2020

Sweden has recorded its fewest daily cases of Covid-19 since the pandemic's peak in March.

The Scandinavian country, which was initially criticised for not implementing a lockdown, is now seeing significantly fewer cases than other European hotspots.

Its rolling seven-day average stood at 108 on Tuesday, its lowest number since March 13.

1600753984264.png
Sweden has recorded its fewest daily cases of Covid-19 since the pandemic's peak in March
Click link above for full article.
The new cases of coronavirus are down and few are dying. In Sweden people are practically living a normal life. Because of the lockdown in many countries in Europe, thousands of people lost their jobs and many business went broke. It is a good news that Sweden strategy is working. The government of other countries should fallow the Swadesh’s approach.

Covid-19 mutates almost in every country and Sweden's soft approach only works in a country with a benign mutation that saved Sweden. The Tokyo strain is said to be more infectious than the Wuhan virus but over 90% of patients do not need hospitalization because the virus was weakened by a benign mutation. The initial outbreak in mid-March was mainly caused by a European strain of the novel coronavirus, which was deadly enough to enforce a nationwide lockdown. But Japan moved onto the Swedish strategy during the second wave.

I can't help wondering what country you are talking about, it most certainly isn't Sweden. (I am from Sweden)

And by the way, the "arab party (first time ever I heard about it) sounds very, very much like a internet troll organization started by (maybe swedish) rasists. That is how they work in sweden. They claim to be refugees online and say things like: I love living on benefits, Here I get everything for free, everyone should live by sharia laws and so on. It is always either a swedish rasist organisation/person or a Russian troll factory behind the computer.

Covid-19 mutates almost in every country and Sweden's soft approach only works in a country with a benign mutation that saved Sweden. The Tokyo strain is said to be more infectious than the Wuhan virus but over 90% of patients do not need hospitalization because the virus was weakened by a benign mutation. The initial outbreak in mid-March was mainly caused by a European strain of the novel coronavirus, which was deadly enough to enforce a nationwide lockdown. But Japan moved onto the Swedish strategy during the second wave.

Benign mutation? We have one of the highest deathcounts per capita in Europe. I written a more extensive note on this before but: In Sweden, unlike US, we have great confidense in our state institution. This is, togehter with that we are only 10 million people on a area of 450 000 km², what has enabled another strategy for us. We can therefor base our strategy for Corona on voluntariness rather than constraints.
When our healthdepartment tells us to not socialize, we don't socialize. We don't use mouth guards instead our strategy has been social distance. We keep a distans of preferable 2 meters, but at least one meter apart. Schools still practise online education when possible, companies practise working from home for at least half the staff, we recently taken away the no visiter policy for elderly homes and so on.

We can still be affected by a second wave, noone knows at this point. We have to wait and see.

Here in Finland we now joke about the third wave. We just opened the border to countries with 25 or less new cases/ 100.000 inhabitants and the moment we did that almost every country dropped to more than 25 new cases (including Sweden) so now we'll have to close the borders again I guess.

Herd immunity to COVID-19 and pre-existing immune responses
Posted on September 22, 2020 by niclewis | 3 comments
By Nic Lewis
I showed in my May 10th article Why herd immunity to COVID-19 is reached much earlier than thought that inhomogeneity within a population in the susceptibility and in the social-connectivity related infectivity of individuals would reduce, in my view probably very substantially, the herd immunity threshold (HIT), beyond which an epidemic goes into retreat. Continue reading

I showed in my May 10th article Why herd immunity to COVID-19 is reached much earlier than thought that inhomogeneity within a population in the susceptibility and in the social-connectivity related infectivity of individuals would reduce, in my view probably very substantially, the herd immunity threshold (HIT), beyond which an epidemic goes into retreat. I opined, based on my modelling, that the HIT probably lay somewhere between 7% and 24%, and that evidence from Stockholm County suggested it was around 17% there, and had been reached.

I then showed in a July 27th update article[1] that mounting evidence supported my reasoning.

It is pleasing to report that the evidence for heterogeneity of susceptibility across the population, arising from variability in both social connectivity and biological susceptibility, has continued to increase. Not least, there have been a number of further papers reporting pre-existing cross-reactive T-cells in a substantial proportion of people, which as I discussed in my July 27th article is likely be a key reason for heterogeneity in biological susceptibility. Mainstream journals are now starting to acknowledge that these factors are significant, with the implication that the herd immunity threshold (HIT) can be expected to be substantially lower than that often quoted by scientists close to governments. Unfortunately, in the UK at least, there is little sign as yet that those scientific advisors are prepared to recognise these facts.[2] [3] . . .

Benign mutation? We have one of the highest deathcounts per capita in Europe. I written a more extensive note on this before but: In Sweden, unlike US, we have great confidense in our state institution. This is, togehter with that we are only 10 million people on a area of 450 000 km², what has enabled another strategy for us. We can therefor base our strategy for Corona on voluntariness rather than constraints.
When our healthdepartment tells us to not socialize, we don't socialize. We don't use mouth guards instead our strategy has been social distance. We keep a distans of preferable 2 meters, but at least one meter apart. Schools still practise online education when possible, companies practise working from home for at least half the staff, we recently taken away the no visiter policy for elderly homes and so on.

We can still be affected by a second wave, noone knows at this point. We have to wait and see.

Along with the Italian strain (B.1/G), they are the three main strains found in Sweden. The Italian strain declined in prevalence by late April in Sweden, while 20C/B.1/G and 20B/B.1.1/GR mutated locally from B.1/G and these two Swedish strains became more prevalent in the country. One of the Swedish strains carries the benign mutation, which affects the attachment of the virion to the cell, thus weakening the spike protein's infectivity. This is why Covid-19 in Sweden is less infectious, and the number of new patients is down to 30 per 100,000 in 2 weeks. But once you are infected, you could develop serious symptoms. The Swedish study by Soratto et al. (2020) found that the Italian strain of Covid-19 (B.1/G) mutated further in Sweden at position 364 in the S1 subunit, which destabilized the viral spike protein. The viral spike protein is the attachment unit of the virus to infect the human cell.

11064_web.jpg

Last edited:
Sweden says Stockholm measures possible as COVID cases rise | Article [AMP] | Reuters

Sweden has seen a surge in cases...and never really beat anything. They have had on average around 200 cases a day for a while, which is damn high compared to non 2nd wave countries. This has now jumped to 1200 cases over the weekend.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Along with the Italian strain (B.1/G), they are the three main strains found in Sweden. The Italian strain declined in prevalence by late April in Sweden, while 20C/B.1/G and 20B/B.1.1/GR mutated locally from B.1/G and these two Swedish strains became more prevalent in the country. One of the Swedish strains carries the benign mutation, which affects the attachment of the virion to the cell, thus weakening the spike protein's infectivity. This is why Covid-19 in Sweden is less infectious, and the number of new patients is down to 30 per 100,000 in 2 weeks. But once you are infected, you could develop serious symptoms. The Swedish study by Soratto et al. (2020) found that the Italian strain of Covid-19 (B.1/G) mutated further in Sweden at position 364 in the S1 subunit, which destabilized the viral spike protein. The viral spike protein is the attachment unit of the virus to infect the human cell.

I don't know what German paper that publish this but that we have a swedish strain that is particularly benign is a missunderstanding. No study has shown that we have had a specially benign strain compared to the rest of Europe. What is, is that we have had many cases with no symtoms, but still infected. The swedish strains comes from Austria, , USA and several other european countries. We have not discovered any specific strain that has mutated in Sweden specifically . I believe that it is an article in the journal Cell that is the origon of your article. The virus has not mutated in Sweden but in Europe. Some of the scientist in the study though, was swedish, maybe there has been a misunderstanding? It was a global study that found strong evidence that a new form of the coronavirus was spread from Europe to the United States in late March. The new mutation makes the virus more likely to infect humans, but it does not appear to make humans more ill than the previous variants of the coronavirus. Here is a report o the study on CNN :

Well, here is a link to statistics for Swedish corona cases, it is in swedish so:

Sjukdomsfall = confirmed Corona cases
Intensivvårdade = cases in intensive care
Avlidna : Deaths
It is reported in different age groups

Sjukdomsfall per dag = cases per day
Nya intensivvårdade fall per dag = newly hospitalized persons per day
Avlidna per dag = deaths per day

And Kvinnor= women, Män= men

It looks like it is very few, but remember, we are only 10 millions and mainly only our capital city Stockholm was hit. Stockholm has about 2 million citizents

If you use explorer you need to use this link instead:

https://fohm.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/68d4537bf2714e63b646c37f152f1392

The statistics is from our state health department. And the cases are only confirmed cases (from those who has been tested)

Last edited:
The real question in all of this is why Donald Trump keeps bringing up Sweden as an example on how to handle (or not handle, depending on what day of the week it is) Corona. There is really no comparison to be made to US. We are only 10 million, we have a totally different demography, our healthcare is totally different structured and our culture essentially different from US.

The real question in all of this is why Donald Trump keeps bringing up Sweden as an example on how to handle (or not handle, depending on what day of the week it is) Corona. There is really no comparison to be made to US. We are only 10 million, we have a totally different demography, our healthcare is totally different structured and our culture essentially different from US.
Trump would probably tell us the moon has the best strategy because the man in the moon hasn't been infected.

I don't know what German paper that publish this but that we have a swedish strain that is particularly benign is a missunderstanding. No study has shown that we have had a specially benign strain compared to the rest of Europe.

The Cell study is done by Kober et al. (2020) and the Swedish study I summarized above is done by Soratto et al. (2020). For the Cell study, Sweden is not included in the data set but Soratto et al. (2020) looked into local mutations in Sweden. The lead author works at the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm. But the Swedish study is not peer-reviewed and it is not as conclusive as the Cell study on the D614G mutation.

Abstract
Large research efforts are going into characterizing, mapping the spread, and studying the biology and clinical features of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Here, we report four complete SARS-CoV-2 genome sequences obtained from patients confirmed to have the disease in Stockholm, Sweden, in late April. A variant at position 23463 was found for the first time in one genome. It changes an arginine (R) residue to histidine (H) at position 364 in the S1 subunit of the spike protein. The genomes belonged to two different genetic groups, previously reported as two of the three main genetic groups found in Sweden. Three of them are from group B.1/G, corresponding to the Italian outbreak, reported by the Public Health Agency of Sweden to have declined in prevalence by late April, and more investigation is needed in order to ensure that the spread of different types of SARS-CoV-2 is fully characterized.

Journal reference:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom