• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Sturgis Watch! The greatest scientific experiment there could ever be.

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2020 - Concerts, Music Festival

Sturgis is a small town in South Dakota whose governor is the best governor in the United States and also the best looking, which makes her the target of the left. It has just around 7,000 people but is proud to host real Americans who are bikers from all over the United States. There is expected to be 500 THOUSAND people there in that small town over the ten days which ends tomorrow. The link has live cameras showing happy people without masks and no social distancing. G+For those on the left with hart conditions, I don't recommend seeing the pictures or videos.

I would like the left wings help on this because I know you will all be watching CNN and MSNBS as well as reading WaPo and the New York Times to see the death toll from this as an "I told you so". I can't do it on my own so I started this OP as a "Sturgis watch" and I trust all of you will provide regular updates.

This is the only real scientific tests that can be made on the effectiveness of masks and I know all of you are interested to show that you were right. So, this is you chance. I look forward to your reports.

Sturgis is a small town in South Dakota whose governor is the best governor in the United States and also the best looking, which makes her the target of the left. It has just around 7,000 people but is proud to host real Americans who are bikers from all over the United States. There is expected to be 500 THOUSAND people there in that small town over the ten days which ends tomorrow. The link has live cameras showing happy people without masks and no social distancing. G+For those on the left with hart conditions, I don't recommend seeing the pictures or videos.

I would like the left wings help on this because I know you will all be watching CNN and MSNBS as well as reading WaPo and the New York Times to see the death toll from this as an "I told you so". I can't do it on my own so I started this OP as a "Sturgis watch" and I trust all of you will provide regular updates.

This is the only real scientific tests that can be made on the effectiveness of masks and I know all of you are interested to show that you were right. So, this is you chance. I look forward to your reports.

First off the estimated crowds are around 250,000, half the normal turnout from past years.
Secondly, the local community was very concerned about that many people showing up in their community and many are avoiding town while it is still going.
Third, since the bikers come from all over the country it will be very hard to measure the impact of their not wearing masks or social distancing, but the track record is already there from other large gatherings and the results are always bad, the difference is this will spread Covid all around the country, like a super spreader event.
As for those that get sick from this of those that attended, I have zero sympathy, they made their choice and they can live or die by their own choice.

First off the estimated crowds are around 250,000, half the normal turnout from past years.
Secondly, the local community was very concerned about that many people showing up in their community and many are avoiding town while it is still going.
Third, since the bikers come from all over the country it will be very hard to measure the impact of their not wearing masks or social distancing, but the track record is already there from other large gatherings and the results are always bad, the difference is this will spread Covid all around the country, like a super spreader event.
As for those that get sick from this of those that attended, I have zero sympathy, they made their choice and they can live or die by their own choice.

First off, I am reading from people in the know that crowd is expected to be 500,000 so I don't know where you get your info from except as a later excuse where you will say, "Oh, the Sturgis crowd was really small this year and that's why we have o reports of lots of people getting sick. "

Anything new to report from anyone on Sturgis?

First off, I am reading from people in the know that crowd is expected to be 500,000 so I don't know where you get your info from except as a later excuse where you will say, "Oh, the Sturgis crowd was really small this year and that's why we have o reports of lots of people getting sick. "

Anything new to report from anyone on Sturgis?

It will be two to three weeks before any information turns up. As was said before, the fact they come from all 50 states will make it nearly impossible to track.

I believe the governor made a huge mistake allowing it to happen this year. Just cause she's attractive does not make her smart. She panders to Trump for gods sake, that makes her a good looking airhead.

It's exactly these monumentally stupid moves that keep Covid alive in this country.

It will be two to three weeks before any information turns up. As was said before, the fact they come from all 50 states will make it nearly impossible to track.

I believe the governor made a huge mistake allowing it to happen this year. Just cause she's attractive does not make her smart. She panders to Trump for gods sake, that makes her a good looking airhead.

It's exactly these monumentally stupid moves that keep Covid alive in this country.

Why aren't scientists assembled down there doing real science and tracking the non maskers?

Why aren't scientists assembled down there doing real science and tracking the non maskers?

Conversations with conservatives about Covid are always non productive. There's no reasoning with you guys.

Conversations with conservatives about Covid are always non productive. There's no reasoning with you guys.

This is their big chance to do REAL scientific experiments by asking a thousand bikers to allow them to check with them three weeks from now to see how they are doing.

That they aren't doing this tells me they are afraid what REAL scientific experiments of non mask wearers all over the U.S will reveal.

This is the chance of a century and they are ignoring REAL science and instead using fake lab reports and high school science experiment to control the populace.

I have said in other posts that the ONLY way you can do a SCIENTIFIC experiment is with real live humans and it would be unethical to require humans to submit to such an experiment. I saw a few bikers with masks on. They have the ideal opportunity to ask those wearing masks to be tracked and those without masks 99% of them to be tracked back to their home states. The bikers are kind people and would cooperate. Methinks you all don't really want to know.

This is their big chance to do REAL scientific experiments by asking a thousand bikers to allow them to check with them three weeks from now to see how they are doing.

That they aren't doing this tells me they are afraid what REAL scientific experiments of non mask wearers all over the U.S will reveal.

This is the chance of a century and they are ignoring REAL science

Scientist do not need to put their health in danger by going to Stergis , and asking the bikers in person if they can monitor them . They have the ability to track the cell phone data.

They can monitor the out of area cell phones that were in Stirgus during the bike rally and follow the cell phone data to see if the person with the cell phone end up hospitalized a couple or three weeks later.

Posted Apr 03, 2020

Data pulled from smartphone owners in Michigan shows people are going to parks more often while avoiding restaurants and other places ordered closed during the coronavirus pandemic.

Google location data shows Michiganders staying home during coronavirus pandemic - mlive.com

Last edited:

We know crowds dont spread the virus. We have a cornucopia of posts from leftists stating their protest and riot crowds didn't spread the virus.

We know crowds dont spread the virus. We have a cornucopia of posts from leftists stating their protest and riot crowds didn't spread the virus.

Perhaps you did read the articles and missed the part that the crowds with low Covid spread were only crowds who were outside and who wore masks.

I know to stay away from crowds.
I know crows spread the virus .

I was surprised by the articles that said they did not find Covid 19 spikes when a crowd was outside and the participants of the crowd were wearing masks.

Perhaps you did read the articles and missed the part that the crowds with low Covid spread were only crowds who were outside and who wore masks.

I know to stay away from crowds.
I know crows spread the virus .

I was surprised by the articles that said they did not find Covid 19 spikes when a crowd was outside and the participants of the crowd were wearing masks.

I'd love to see how you traced the protesters to determine that. I'll await your science. I love armchair science in the morning.

No sympathy needed. A certain percentage of those infected won't even know it. The rest will have mild symptoms and recover just fine.

Meanwhile the herd immunity will grow.

No sympathy needed. A certain percentage of those infected won't even know it. The rest will have mild symptoms and recover just fine.

And some like herman cain will die

And some like herman cain will die

Some might die on their way back home in a highway crash. Life is a beach, and then you die.

Slowly the herd immunity grows, step by plodding step.

Some might die on their way back home in a highway crash. Life is a beach, and then you die.

Slowly the herd immunity grows, step by plodding step.

Killing people is a stupid way to develop herd immunity

But it is trumps plan

You must misunderstood if you think anyone claimed that if no caveats.

I read an article that said protests did not cause spikes in Covid.....What ? How could that even be possible?

If one does not want to be exposed to Covid 19 the number 1 rule is away far away from crowds.

I’m telling you I was amazed that Michigan did not experience a spike from Covid 19 cases in May after the shut down state capital protests or the BLM protests in June.

That’s one reason I read everything I can about why we did not have a big spike in cases.

The studies essentially said that being outside with masks did not cause a spike in Covid 19.

Here is a snip from just 1 article I read:

Shaman said that he and his team at Columbia modeled the demonstrations as they were occurring, to see whether they could lead to a surge in COVID-19 infections.

They ran their model through three scenarios, each with a different premise on how much masks and the open air would suppress transmission of the virus. In the scenario of lowest suppression, there should have been a substantial bump of cases by now, nearly three weeks after the protests began. In the medium scenario, there should have been a slightly lower bump.

In the scenario where masks and open air suppressed the transmission to the greatest degree, there was no bump. “That’s what we’re actually seeing,” Shaman said. “The most optimistic scenario turned out to be most accurate.”

There are caveats to this news, expressed by Shaman and by New York officials. First, they note, the vast majority of protesters were young. Given that people above the age of 50 are more likely to get sick when exposed to the virus, it is not clear that an older crowd would have emerged equally unscathed

It doesn’t look like the George Floyd protests are causing a COVID-19 spike.

Last edited:
Killing people is a stupid way to develop herd immunity

But it is trumps plan

Killing people does not develop herd immunity. Infecting people and letting healthy immune systems fight the infection by way of antibodies develops the herd immunity.

It has nothing to do with Trump, as badly as you want it to.

Killing people does not develop herd immunity. Infecting people and letting healthy immune systems fight the infection by way of antibodies develops the herd immunity.

It has nothing to do with Trump, as badly as you want it to.

And that results in killing some people.

What a stupid plan....trump owns this mess

You might want to rethink that nonsense, oh wait, you are part of the problem, nevermind.

You might want to rethink that nonsense, oh wait, you are part of the problem, nevermind.

You dont understand science very well

I understand it well enough to know that many scientists have been bought and sold by special interests, and that they will write and say as they are paid to write and say.

I understand it well enough to know the numbers have been cooked from the beginning, so that fearful and gullible citizens could have the hell scared out of them.

The problem being that some people know they've been deceived and are willing to say it out loud?

I understand it well enough to know that many scientists have been bought and sold by special interests, and that they will write and say as they are paid to write and say.

I understand it well enough to know the numbers have been cooked from the beginning, so that fearful and gullible citizens could have the hell scared out of them.

I would ask for proof but I know you have none. All you have is right wing extremist Breitbart nonsense

Back
Top Bottom