• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Sturgis Watch! The greatest scientific experiment there could ever be.

My friends kid had covid...he tested daily until he was clear. 1 person counted as 14 positive hits. Notice how they stopped including actual deaths.

They are reporting hospitalizations.

During March 1–July 25, 576 children hospitalized with COVID-19 were reported to COVID-NET. Infants aged <3 months accounted for 18.8% of all children hospitalized with COVID-19 (Table). The median patient age was 8 years (interquartile range [IQR] = 9 months–15 years), and 292 (50.7%) were males.

Last edited:
Did the Swedish people have to stand in line at the Walmart Supercenter doing their Back to Quarantine shopping with their stimulus checks too?

What kind of question is that You don't think the Swedes SHOP?

^^ This guy is obviously not a scientist. Or even took science in middle school and up.

Science experiments are controlled with known parameters and valid ways to track results. None of that holds for the Sturgis event.

They are NOT tracking Sturgis, are they, Mr. Scientist? Suppose you show me the scientific studies that were made using humans? Or even hamsters as Hamish here said could be done

I'll wait right here, Mr. Scientist.

500,000 people have been there now for 10 days. this is the last day.

Are the hospitals there overwhelmed. Bikers falling of their bikes dead? Any of that?

How exactly do you prove something without doing a study on it?

EXACTLY!! You get the prize for being the best yet of all those who have proved me right with their own questions and there have been many.

My friends kid had covid...he tested daily until he was clear. 1 person counted as 14 positive hits. Notice how they stopped including actual deaths.

Yep. Now it is all about testing positive, which is a good thing for those who do test positive as they are immune from that strain ever again.

During March 1–July 25, 576 children hospitalized with COVID-19 were reported to COVID-NET. Infants aged <3 months accounted for 18.8% of all children hospitalized with COVID-19 (Table). The median patient age was 8 years (interquartile range [IQR] = 9 months–15 years), and 292 (50.7%) were males.

Why not deaths?

EXACTLY!! You get the prize for being the best yet of all those who have proved me right with their own questions and there have been many.

There have been studies, and we know masks reduce the ability of COVID to spread. You can even do an experiment yourself. Hold a dinner plate in front of your mouth and cough and sneeze, look at all the droplets, and what is visible will only be a small portion of that is actually there. Put on a mask and repeat.

the event should have been canceled. absent canceling, it should have been forcibly quarantined for two months. if they want to die, that's fine. their freedom ends at their noses.

Masks don’t prevent a person from getting Covid 19.

They just lower the risk, how much the risk is lowed depends on the type of mask and if others they come in contact with are also wearing masks.

Just keep diverting the narrative with what you already know is nonsense, you are only embarrassing yourself.

Para is not saying what his is saying in spite of the fact that his harmful rhetoric would get more people killed but because it would make more people killed. That is the mindset of those who have sacrificed their minds to the god of accelerationism.

Yep. Now it is all about testing positive, which is a good thing for those who do test positive as they are immune from that strain ever again.

Uh.....
No they are not. Duh

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2020 - Concerts, Music Festival

Sturgis is a small town in South Dakota whose governor is the best governor in the United States and also the best looking, which makes her the target of the left. It has just around 7,000 people but is proud to host real Americans who are bikers from all over the United States. There is expected to be 500 THOUSAND people there in that small town over the ten days which ends tomorrow. The link has live cameras showing happy people without masks and no social distancing. G+For those on the left with hart conditions, I don't recommend seeing the pictures or videos.

I would like the left wings help on this because I know you will all be watching CNN and MSNBS as well as reading WaPo and the New York Times to see the death toll from this as an "I told you so". I can't do it on my own so I started this OP as a "Sturgis watch" and I trust all of you will provide regular updates.

This is the only real scientific tests that can be made on the effectiveness of masks and I know all of you are interested to show that you were right. So, this is you chance. I look forward to your reports.

When the incubation period runs its course (anywhere from 10 to 21 days) and the Sturgis participants are, once again, scattered all across the country, exactly how do you propose that someone on DP identify whether or not someone who is diagnosed with COVID-19 was at Sturgis or not?

My expectation is that, since it will be next to impossible to determine whether or not a person who becomes ill with COVID-19 was actually at Sturgis (and contracted COVID-19 there) that you will conclude that

"The mass exposure at Sturgis had absolutely no effect on the COVID-19 rates."​

which would be in line with your "inspired statistical analysis" so far.

I have been keeping track of daily coronavirus data from the South Dakota Dept. of Health for three counties: Meade, Lawrence, and Pennington, all located in the western part of the state.

south-dakota-county-map.gif

Sturgis is in the western extreme of Meade County, but it does not go into Lawrence. I decided to track Lawrence and Pennington Counties as well because of their proximity and because Pennington contains the much larger Rapid City, where I imagine some of the bikers are spending the night.

Here is the data so far.

Confirmed Cases:
Meade Lawrence Pennington
Date 9-Aug 94 55 891
10-Aug 94 60 896
11-Aug 96 61 898
12-Aug 97 62 910
13-Aug 98 62 915
14-Aug 97 63 924
15-Aug 97 69 930
16-Aug 104 73 942

Those are total cases, not new daily cases like most places report. So for comparison's sake, we need to subtract each row from the prior row. This gives:

Daily change
Meade Lawrence Pennington
Date 10-Aug 0 5 5
11-Aug 2 1 2
12-Aug 1 1 12
13-Aug 1 0 5
14-Aug -1 1 9
15-Aug 0 6 6
16-Aug 7 4 12

There's a bit of a spike in Meade County from yesterday to today, but it is too early to tell whether that represents a new trend or a one-day uptick. We'll know more later this week.

They are not what? Please submit your scientific evidence of all people who had COVID getting the SAME strain again.

No dude. You present evidence they are immune.

You are lying

When the incubation period runs its course (anywhere from 10 to 21 days) and the Sturgis participants are, once again, scattered all across the country, exactly how do you propose that someone on DP identify whether or not someone who is diagnosed with COVID-19 was at Sturgis or not?

My expectation is that, since it will be next to impossible to determine whether or not a person who becomes ill with COVID-19 was actually at Sturgis (and contracted COVID-19 there) that you will conclude that

"The mass exposure at Sturgis had absolutely no effect on the COVID-19 rates."​

which would be in line with your "inspired statistical analysis" so far.

Why aren't scientists down there now asking a simple question of maskless people how to contact them in 3 weeks? It's because they don't want the truth to come out.

Aside from that, we can see how the people in Sturgis fare, can't we?

What scientific tests have been done using humans on this theory?

"...A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points.

Another study looked at coronavirus deaths across 198 countries and found that those with cultural norms or government policies favoring mask-wearing had lower death rates.

Two compelling case reports also suggest that masks can prevent transmission in high-risk scenarios, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford. In one case, a man flew from China to Toronto and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19. He had a dry cough and wore a mask on the flight, and all 25 people closest to him on the flight tested negative for COVID-19. In another case, in late May, two hair stylists in Missouri had close contact with 140 clients while sick with COVID-19. Everyone wore a mask and none of the clients tested positive...."

Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus | UC San Francisco

Why not deaths?

COVID-net is a Covid 19 Hospitalization Surveillance site.. It does not record Covid 19 deaths.

I guess you would need look at the government site that President Trump redirected Covid 19 info to send.
Oh I forgot the General public does not have access to that site.

"...A recent study published in Health Affairs, for example, compared the COVID-19 growth rate before and after mask mandates in 15 states and the District of Columbia. It found that mask mandates led to a slowdown in daily COVID-19 growth rate, which became more apparent over time. The first five days after a mandate, the daily growth rate slowed by 0.9 percentage-points compared to the five days prior to the mandate; at three weeks, the daily growth rate had slowed by 2 percentage-points.

Another study looked at coronavirus deaths across 198 countries and found that those with cultural norms or government policies favoring mask-wearing had lower death rates.

Two compelling case reports also suggest that masks can prevent transmission in high-risk scenarios, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford. In one case, a man flew from China to Toronto and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19. He had a dry cough and wore a mask on the flight, and all 25 people closest to him on the flight tested negative for COVID-19. In another case, in late May, two hair stylists in Missouri had close contact with 140 clients while sick with COVID-19. Everyone wore a mask and none of the clients tested positive...."

Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus | UC San Francisco

That is NOT scientific testing. Once again. They have never been done.

I am curious what kind of testing protocol includes 14 daily tests?Where is this that they have the time and supplies to test a child 14 days in a row AFTER they have tested positive.

And by the way, it seems that once a person is positive for infection - the infection only counts once. The story links to CDC, etc

Multiple COVID-19 tests by same person don'''t inflate case count | wfmynews2.com

So #1, I find it suspect that a C19 positive child who tested positive took 14 daily tests in a row. Did he go in for testing? Seems to go against the thought of quarantine and common sense.

Back
Top Bottom