• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The stupidity of Trump's Goodyear problem nd the boycott!!!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This has to be one of the dumbest things yet that Trump has done. He keeps saying he wants to make things in this country and then tells his people to boycott one of only two companies that make car tires in this country. Why, because they have forbidden their employees to wear MAGA hats. Gee, I wonder why, because it could cause fights to break out in their plants over political differences. I go to a large local health care clinic. They stopped having news stations on their TVs as people got into shouting matches about which station to watch, Fox or CNN. So now you get to watch game or cooking shows. And one time I went and some guy was yelling about missing his favorite Fox News show and demanded they put it on the station. He left saying he would not be back and I think everyone clapped. It is the same thing with the MAGA hats. Companies have the right to have a say in what you wear as not to disrupt the work and MAGA hats are certainly that. Just like you would not have a woman come in a bikini. Of course it seems trump only care about how anything effects him and this certainly is another example of that.

This has to be one of the dumbest things yet that Trump has done. He keeps saying he wants to make things in this country and then tells his people to boycott one of only two companies that make car tires in this country. Why, because they have forbidden their employees to wear MAGA hats. Gee, I wonder why, because it could cause fights to break out in their plants over political differences. I go to a large local health care clinic. They stopped having news stations on their TVs as people got into shouting matches about which station to watch, Fox or CNN. So now you get to watch game or cooking shows. And one time I went and some guy was yelling about missing his favorite Fox News show and demanded they put it on the station. He left saying he would not be back and I think everyone clapped. It is the same thing with the MAGA hats. Companies have the right to have a say in what you wear as not to disrupt the work and MAGA hats are certainly that. Just like you would not have a woman come in a bikini. Of course it seems trump only care about how anything effects him and this certainly is another example of that.

Allowing BLM shows their duplicity or fear of BLM. All must bend a knee to BLM. The Biden administration (if elected) would be fully beholden to BLM's takedown of society.

It’s simple. Goodyear is making an unreasonable, and downright stupid request. Trump is trolling them because he knows they know they stepped in it and will shortly reverse course.

It is almost as if Goodyear was making a joke. They is Goodyear, not a lemonade stand.

It’s simple. Goodyear is making an unreasonable, and downright stupid request. Trump is trolling them because he knows they know they stepped in it and will shortly reverse course.

It is almost as if Goodyear was making a joke. They is Goodyear, not a lemonade stand.

“Don’t wear hats endorsing a political candidate” isn’t some unheard of uniform policy.

Pedestrian analysis. When you pick sides as Goodyear has done, you are going to create far more divisions in your workforce than if you had stayed the hell out of it and just fired anybody who starts something.

Don't be surprised to see this followed by a buyout deal in which the older and most expensive employees they have get a lump sum payment to retire. They are playing the workers. They want them fighting so they can get rid of more of them and replace them with cheaper new hires.

Pedestrian analysis. When you pick sides as Goodyear has done, you are going to create far more divisions in your workforce than if you had stayed the hell out of it and just fired anybody who starts something.

Don't be surprised to see this followed by a buyout deal in which the older and most expensive employees they have get a lump sum payment to retire. They are playing the workers. They want them fighting so they can get rid of more of them and replace them with cheaper new hires.

SO saying do not wear that hat is choosing sides. I laugh at trumpster because if you are not totally with Trump you must hate him. With them it is all or nothing and this is stupid. A company wants to keep from having fights on the floor of their factories which is exactly why people would wear such hats.

Goodyear employs sixty-three thousand people. Yeah sure, let's boycott them because you got the sadz, Donnie.
Never mind that a tire company doesn't feel like mediating fist fights between Trumpers and the rest of the world, they just want to make tires.
By the way, those ain't Firestones on your hoopdie.

Snopes certified

goodyear-tires-limo.jpg

SO saying do not wear that hat is choosing sides. I laugh at trumpster because if you are not totally with Trump you must hate him. With them it is all or nothing and this is stupid. A company wants to keep from having fights on the floor of their factories which is exactly why people would wear such hats.

Wearing a maga hat to me is like saying....**** you libs. Kinda like the same thoughts I get when I see the stars and bars on a pickup truck. **** you yankees.

The employees who eant to wear a MAGA hat should make up a bunch of BLM for Trunp 2020 or LGBT for Trump 2020 shirts. Then see how long it takes for Goodyear to take the reasonable stance of no politically charged clothing allowed at work

How horrible of Trump to fight back. As the French say:

"Cet animal est très méchant, Quand on l'attaque il se défend."

Allowing BLM shows their duplicity or fear of BLM. All must bend a knee to BLM. The Biden administration (if elected) would be fully beholden to BLM's takedown of society.

So Goodyear does not have the right of freedom of speech in the trump regime. Maybe your perception of BLM is distorted. Maybe they believe that BLM is not a political statement. Maybe they believe it is a statement of humanity

So Goodyear does not have the right of freedom of speech in the trump regime. Maybe your perception of BLM is distorted. Maybe they believe that BLM is not a political statement. Maybe they believe it is a statement of humanity

And "Make America Great " is an evil goal. Cops aren't worth having in society.

Maybe Goodyear doesn't want to be targeted for mob attack. So they suck up and prostrate themselves.

This was a politically stupid thing for Trump to do driven by his impulsive nature. It makes absolutely NO sense to make this headline news 75 days before the election especially when Goodyear has its HQ in Ohio.

NO rational political advisor would see this as a smart move..

Maybe Goodyear doesn't want to be targeted for mob attack. So they suck up and prostrate themselves.

BLM does not have more power than the POTUS. So your theory is full of holes

Nobody is questioning Goodyear's right to free speech. Those of us buying tires, however also have rights of free speech. We can choose to speak with out wallets and buy tires elsewhere. I chose to boycott Goodyear before Trump uttered a word about them. I have also been boycotting Nike. Public image is part of doing business, especially with large retail chains. And it's not always about politics. The Gillette razor company for instance is about to drop their "toxic masculinity" theme of advertising as it has driven a rather large drop in sales.

Nobody is questioning Goodyear's right to free speech. Thos of us buying tires, however also have rights of free speech. We can choose to speak with out wallets and buy tires elsewhere. I chose to boycott Goodyear before Trump uttered a word about them. I have also been boycotting Nike. Public image is part of doing business, especially with large retail chains. And it's not always about politics. The Gillette razor company for instance is about to drop their "toxic masculinity" theme of advertising as it has driven a rather large drop in sales.

Was this a smart move for the president of the United States 75 days before the election?

Was this a smart move for the president of the United States 75 days before the election?

Honestly, I hope Trump doubles down on it.

As I said eariler..

Boycott an American company that employs 10,000's of workers HERE because of hats made in CHINA!?!?!?

Trump ran on the message of buying American and bringing back manufacturing jobs, then does this??? You can't dumber or more hypocritical, yet the cult of Trumpsters will rush to Trump's defense.

The employees who eant to wear a MAGA hat should make up a bunch of BLM for Trunp 2020 or LGBT for Trump 2020 shirts. Then see how long it takes for Goodyear to take the reasonable stance of no politically charged clothing allowed at work

I just saw a man wearing a F*ck Trump face mask. I suspect if he tried to wear that on the goodyear floor he would be told to take it off. And BLM and LGBTQ items are not directly tied to one party. There are people from both parties that support each, so it is less a political item and more a movement item, but of course Trumpsters see anything that doesn't preise Trump as being something that hates Trump.

Nobody is questioning Goodyear's right to free speech. Those of us buying tires, however also have rights of free speech. We can choose to speak with out wallets and buy tires elsewhere. I chose to boycott Goodyear before Trump uttered a word about them. I have also been boycotting Nike. Public image is part of doing business, especially with large retail chains. And it's not always about politics. The Gillette razor company for instance is about to drop their "toxic masculinity" theme of advertising as it has driven a rather large drop in sales.

So your American flag like Trump hugging the flag is all for show. GO ahead and buy foreign tires while telling the country to buy American. All because Trump tells you to do so and you have to do exactly what he tells you to do so. I guess that is why this country is the covid capital of the world, because instead of listening to the experts, too many Americans listened to and believed Trump, who knows all better than anyone else. PITIFUL!!!!!!

I just saw a man wearing a F*ck Trump face mask. I suspect if he tried to wear that on the goodyear floor he would be told to take it off. And BLM and LGBTQ items are not directly tied to one party. There are people from both parties that support each, so it is less a political item and more a movement item, but of course Trumpsters see anything that doesn't preise Trump as being something that hates Trump.

Ok and that changes the fact that if Goodyear was smart they would ban all politically charged clothing how?

Ok and that changes the fact that if Goodyear was smart they would ban all politically charged clothing how?

You do not know that they haven't, most companies have. All you have heard is the yelling by those who support Trump that they can not wear their hats.

Democrats are against Making America Great??
I doubt it-- the issue is whether that which they stand for will have that result.
Defunding the police and suggesting officers are routinely brutal ect. is a political position.
Goodyear should tell employees to keep all that political off the job.

Back
Top Bottom