• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The stupidity of Trump's Goodyear problem nd the boycott!!!

Nobody is questioning Goodyear's right to free speech. Those of us buying tires, however also have rights of free speech. We can choose to speak with out wallets and buy tires elsewhere. I chose to boycott Goodyear before Trump uttered a word about them. I have also been boycotting Nike. Public image is part of doing business, especially with large retail chains. And it's not always about politics. The Gillette razor company for instance is about to drop their "toxic masculinity" theme of advertising as it has driven a rather large drop in sales.

And you have that right. However the president should not promote boycotting

Allowing BLM shows their duplicity or fear of BLM. All must bend a knee to BLM. The Biden administration (if elected) would be fully beholden to BLM's takedown of society.

Holly **** did you learn this on Info Wars?
Equal justice for everyone is a take down on society? You sound like a klan member of a bi-gone era.

Trump wants to lose Ohio.

Goodyear employs sixty-three thousand people. Yeah sure, let's boycott them because you got the sadz, Donnie.
Never mind that a tire company doesn't feel like mediating fist fights between Trumpers and the rest of the world, they just want to make tires.
By the way, those ain't Firestones on your hoopdie.

Snopes certified

goodyear-tires-limo.jpg

Outside Goodyear, inside GoodWhore.

Nobody is questioning Goodyear's right to free speech. Those of us buying tires, however also have rights of free speech. We can choose to speak with out wallets and buy tires elsewhere. I chose to boycott Goodyear before Trump uttered a word about them. I have also been boycotting Nike. Public image is part of doing business, especially with large retail chains. And it's not always about politics. The Gillette razor company for instance is about to drop their "toxic masculinity" theme of advertising as it has driven a rather large drop in sales.

Thought y'all hated cancel culture.

lol

Holly **** did you learn this on Info Wars?
Equal justice for everyone is a take down on society? You sound like a klan member of a bi-gone era.

They are anti family , pro homosexual, marxist inspired. True democrat qualities.

They are anti family , pro homosexual, marxist inspired. True democrat qualities.

You just want to remain willfully ignorant.

Trump never lets a good chance to prove how much of a hypocrite he is, Goya: Boycott are bad
Goodyear and Nike" I love boycotts.

This has to be one of the dumbest things yet that Trump has done. He keeps saying he wants to make things in this country and then tells his people to boycott one of only two companies that make car tires in this country. Why, because they have forbidden their employees to wear MAGA hats. Gee, I wonder why, because it could cause fights to break out in their plants over political differences. I go to a large local health care clinic. They stopped having news stations on their TVs as people got into shouting matches about which station to watch, Fox or CNN. So now you get to watch game or cooking shows. And one time I went and some guy was yelling about missing his favorite Fox News show and demanded they put it on the station. He left saying he would not be back and I think everyone clapped. It is the same thing with the MAGA hats. Companies have the right to have a say in what you wear as not to disrupt the work and MAGA hats are certainly that. Just like you would not have a woman come in a bikini. Of course it seems trump only care about how anything effects him and this certainly is another example of that.
You couldn't have it more wrong than you've stated.

All of the "okay" items in GY's list are left wing Democrat stipulations, and all of the "not okay" items in GY's list are right wing Republican stipulations, thus Good Year is officially stating not only that it favors Democrats over Republicans, but that political speech and clothing statements for Democrats is okay, but you could get fired if you state political speech and wear clothing statements for Republicans.

This amounts to political censure of free speech via extreme and blatant bias.

Also, the "okay" list contains the organization Black Lives Matter (BLM) which is merely cynically using supposed racial references to emotionally manipulate weak-minded people to commit bullying, rioting, looting, assaulting and murder in our cities' streets, which is a great affront to the large majority of Americans.

Meanwhile, the "not okay" list contains Blue Lives Matter, in support of our police officers who are attempting to defend our cities from BLM's bullying, rioting, looting, assaulting and murdering, defending of the police that the large majority of Americans support.

Keep in mind, that 1) statistics clearly show there is no targeting with brutality of Black people by the police in America, and 2) the two officer cam videos of the George Floyd arrest reveal there was no police brutality involved and that there is clearly no evidence of racism on the part of any of the officers as BLM knowingly falsely alleged.

No, Trump got this one right: Good Year's NAZI-like attempt to censure the side that's telling the truth in favor of the side that's making egregiously false statements and is struggling to silence the truth is well justified in punishing with a boycott .. or worse.

You just want to remain willfully ignorant.

BLM Endorses Sodomy, Abortion, Atheism and Is Anti-Family – No Christian Should Go Anywhere Near It | SGT Report

it is not a coincidence that this iteration of the black freedom movement is led by queer folks. It’s not a coincidence, but that doesn’t mean that it’s any less challenging”

— Alicia Garza (cofounder of Black Lives Matter)

“My queerness, my blackness, my womanness, shaped Black Lives Matter.”

— Patrice Cullors (cofounder of Black Lives Matter)

Patrisse Khan-Cullers, Opal Tometi, & Alicia Garza

“Black Lives Matter affirms the lives of Black queer and trans folks . . . and all Black lives along the gender spectrum.”

— Alicia Garza (cofounder of Black Lives Matter), The Feminist Wire

“We have to look at queerness as a means towards challenging normativity.”

Promoting Marxism

Black Lives Matter advocates Marxist theory via the guise of the Black Liberation movement. A Marxist history archive on Black Liberation is available on the Marxists.org website. One of the founders of BLM explicitly states her desire to use Black Lives Matter as a tactic for furthering this Marxist agenda:

“Black Lives Matter . . . centers those that have been marginalized within Black liberation movements. It is a tactic to (re)build the Black liberation movement.”

Anti-Nuclear Family – BLM Affirms Its Marxist’s Roots

This has to be one of the dumbest things yet that Trump has done. He keeps saying he wants to make things in this country and then tells his people to boycott one of only two companies that make car tires in this country. Why, because they have forbidden their employees to wear MAGA hats. Gee, I wonder why, because it could cause fights to break out in their plants over political differences. I go to a large local health care clinic. They stopped having news stations on their TVs as people got into shouting matches about which station to watch, Fox or CNN. So now you get to watch game or cooking shows. And one time I went and some guy was yelling about missing his favorite Fox News show and demanded they put it on the station. He left saying he would not be back and I think everyone clapped. It is the same thing with the MAGA hats. Companies have the right to have a say in what you wear as not to disrupt the work and MAGA hats are certainly that. Just like you would not have a woman come in a bikini. Of course it seems trump only care about how anything effects him and this certainly is another example of that.

so you think it is fine, that their employees can wear BLM tee shirts and hats, but NOT MAGA hats

you dont see a problem with that.....

may i ask why not, if you dont....

Wearing a maga hat to me is like saying....**** you libs. Kinda like the same thoughts I get when I see the stars and bars on a pickup truck. **** you yankees.

Difference is, when it comes to MAGA, that is ALL they HAVE.
They don't have positions on ANYTHING unless and until Dear Leader tells them, and if Dear Leader contradicts either himself or conservatism, they go right along with it anyway.

so you think it is fine, that their employees can wear BLM tee shirts and hats, but NOT MAGA hats

you dont see a problem with that.....

may i ask why not, if you dont....

Ask Goodyear what their policy is on that.
I kinda doubt independentusa is sitting on the board of Goodyear.

Ok and that changes the fact that if Goodyear was smart they would ban all politically charged clothing how?

I just read that Goodyear has outlawed all political hats. The only reason you are hearing about MAGA hats is that the biden people are smart enough to understand why no political hats.

Now that is what we call a pile of Bulls*t in one sentence. If you look at Trump's family and then Biden's, I would go with Bidens. There is a difference between being Pro himosexual and being against discrimination against any group including homosexuals. And the only one that seems close to Marxists, is the person in the while house that wants to be just like Putin, who really is a Marxist. Your boss man in the White House seems to be Islamophobic, Homophobic, racist and pro autocratic to name a few things, but maybe you do too?

You couldn't have it more wrong than you've stated.

All of the "okay" items in GY's list are left wing Democrat stipulations, and all of the "not okay" items in GY's list are right wing Republican stipulations, thus Good Year is officially stating not only that it favors Democrats over Republicans, but that political speech and clothing statements for Democrats is okay, but you could get fired if you state political speech and wear clothing statements for Republicans.

This amounts to political censure of free speech via extreme and blatant bias.

Also, the "okay" list contains the organization Black Lives Matter (BLM) which is merely cynically using supposed racial references to emotionally manipulate weak-minded people to commit bullying, rioting, looting, assaulting and murder in our cities' streets, which is a great affront to the large majority of Americans.

Meanwhile, the "not okay" list contains Blue Lives Matter, in support of our police officers who are attempting to defend our cities from BLM's bullying, rioting, looting, assaulting and murdering, defending of the police that the large majority of Americans support.

Keep in mind, that 1) statistics clearly show there is no targeting with brutality of Black people by the police in America, and 2) the two officer cam videos of the George Floyd arrest reveal there was no police brutality involved and that there is clearly no evidence of racism on the part of any of the officers as BLM knowingly falsely alleged.

No, Trump got this one right: Good Year's NAZI-like attempt to censure the side that's telling the truth in favor of the side that's making egregiously false statements and is struggling to silence the truth is well justified in punishing with a boycott .. or worse.

You do realize that Goodyear outlaws all political hats including Dems. Talk about ranting and weak minds.

Ask Goodyear what their policy is on that.
I kinda doubt independentusa is sitting on the board of Goodyear.

Are yo so uneducated that you do not know the difference between a social movement and a political one? Really, trying to compare political images and social movement images is really apples and oranges. Get real and stop watching just Faux News and get a real education.

Your diatribe is left wing BS!!!!!!! It is not about just MAGA hats it is also about the political things they will allow, such as BLM BS!!!! What about the fights that will break out over the criminal marxist racist BLM??????????

If they ban anything right wing, they should also ban leftwing BS also. I have Good Year tires on my truck right now, but unless I hear they have give up their leftwing political BS it will be the last set. Really bad since they are only one of 2 American tire companies.

Are yo so uneducated that you do not know the difference between a social movement and a political one? Really, trying to compare political images and social movement images is really apples and oranges. Get real and stop watching just Faux News and get a real education.

Who, me?

Goodyear employs sixty-three thousand people. Yeah sure, let's boycott them because you got the sadz, Donnie.
Never mind that a tire company doesn't feel like mediating fist fights between Trumpers and the rest of the world, they just want to make tires.
By the way, those ain't Firestones on your hoopdie.

Snopes certified

goodyear-tires-limo.jpg

Trump and the Administration's Cabinet Cult, yes, includes the Republican Senate and his general base of cult followers.... should have a rally, and provide each member with a bottle of Lysol and/or bleach, and a hand full of Hydroxychloroquine..... and advise their Cult TV viewership to do the same.... Trump can even get to say, ready, set ... Go!!! "Gulp It Down"!!!!

Your diatribe is left wing BS!!!!!!! It is not about just MAGA hats it is also about the political things they will allow, such as BLM BS!!!! What about the fights that will break out over the criminal marxist racist BLM??????????

If they ban anything right wing, they should also ban leftwing BS also. I have Good Year tires on my truck right now, but unless I hear they have give up their leftwing political BS it will be the last set. Really bad since they are only one of 2 American tire companies.

Actually I just found out they do not allow BLM stuff either, so all of your right wing stupid BS is moot, isn't it. And if you buy Chinese tires, do not ever say again you are for making things in America as it will just be BS talking. Only trumpsters believe that BLM is a marist thing. And if yo can not understand how black people have been and still are treated in this country you ought to take a history course. One not taught by Faux News. You must never have been in charge of a business if you can not understand why Goodyear does not want people wearing any kind of political gear on the floor. Trump has so divided this country into them and us, that fights would break out. They are being smart business people, but maybe you just do not have the back ground to really understand.

Now that is what we call a pile of Bulls*t in one sentence. If you look at Trump's family and then Biden's, I would go with Bidens. There is a difference between being Pro himosexual and being against discrimination against any group including homosexuals. And the only one that seems close to Marxists, is the person in the while house that wants to be just like Putin, who really is a Marxist. Your boss man in the White House seems to be Islamophobic, Homophobic, racist and pro autocratic to name a few things, but maybe you do too?

We are discussing BLM . You think they are awesome, I say not. That of course depends on your world view. BLM has already stated they are a homosexual, anti family Marxist trained organization.

Back
Top Bottom