• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Story in the Stars --- and we are not talking astrology here.

LittleNipper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Pastor Joe Amaral has written a book regarding the fact that the Bible has not a few passages of Scripture where constellations are mentioned. This is not about hidden knowledge or some connection between our lives and astrological signs. This is the seeming presentation regarding the MESSIAH and various aspects of the Gospel message as revealed throughout GOD's creation. This doesn't seem at all farfetched, as I do believe that GOD could write HIS Word across the sky/Universe if HE so wished ---- and why not?!?

Last edited:
I assume this is a video about how the light from distant stars proves that Young Earth Creationism is false. Am I correct?

Pastor Joe Amaral has written a book regarding the fact that the Bible has not a few passages of Scripture where constellations are mentioned. This is not about hidden knowledge or some connection between our lives and astrological signs. This is the seeming presentation regarding the MESSIAH and various aspects of the Gospel message as revealed throughout GOD's creation. This doesn't seem at all farfetched, as I do believe that GOD could write HIS Word across the sky/Universe if HE so wished ---- and why not?!?

You raise a good point - the religion of Hinduism has posited similar ideas this long before Christian mythology emerged - so perhaps there is something there.

That said, such Gods would be rather boneheaded by definition, trying to communicate something in a way that completely disregards stellar motion.

No, not farfetched for a religion that believes the entire world was once covered in water higher than the himilayas and that a man can be swallowed by a fish and come away unharmed after being the fish's digestive system for three days and three night.s That God needed a ****ing rib to create Eve (not a powerful guy! Even Thor beats that)
i
Here's a clue on what 'Pastor' anyone is preaching: 1) There is no archeological evidence that the tribes of Israel were EVER in Egypt. 2) Egypt during the reigns of the Pharohs NEVER used slaves to build the pyramids; the archeological evidence is that the builders were considered "holy" for their knowledge of how to reach up to god. 3) There is no archeological evidence that the Red Sea shows NO SIGN of any large tribe of people ever crossing - and since it is claimed there were more than a million of them, traces like camps, graves etc. would most certainly have existed.

What Pastor anyone won't tell you is that Biblical scholars both Christian and Jew know the "Bible" is not a book at all, NOT a guide to how to live, but a collection of writings by mostly unknown authors which are never laid out with a view of the customs and morals of the day. What pastor anyone will never admit is that homosexuality was openly practiced in Rome, Greece and much of the Mediteranian DURING the time of Christ, yet the "Bible" mentions not a word, but, if you pay attention the main focus of the teachings of Jesus is not morals at all, he hung out with hookers and thieves! No, His biggest focus was on wealth and greed. He took a whip to the money changers! A whip, likely the cruelest hand held device ever!

BTW, anyone can claim the title "Pastor" it has no legal meaning. I am as trained in the bible as any practicing 'pastor" and more than many. But I have discovered that God and Church are very different things. For one, God is never so broke he has to raise $ on telethons every week.

It’s curious that Jews, who created the Messianic prophesies, don’t see Jesus as fulfilling any of them.

It’s curious that Jews, who created the Messianic prophesies, don’t see Jesus as fulfilling any of them.
Actually, it's prophetic too.

And truth be told, there are many Messianic Jews so....

“Messianic Jews” are Christians who celebrate Jewish holidays.
Messianic Jews are Jews who believe Jesus is the Messiah. They are Christian, though there may be some crossover for some in the holidays they worship.

Messianic Jews are Jews who believe Jesus is the Messiah. They are Christian, though there may be some crossover for some in the holidays they worship.

Then they aren’t Jews. Actual Jews consider them heretics at best.

I can't find anything about the space mission Joe Amaral was a member of, or what his function at NASA is.

This is a 43 minute video, can someone please summarize it?

Based on the person who posted it, I'm sure it's complete, ultra-biased, christian garbage.
But I'm curious, what does he have to do with NASA?

Yes, Jewish heretics at best.

Jews regard “Messianic Jews” the same way 99% of Christians regard JW’s.

You're speaking for all Jews now?
You cannot embrace Christ and remain a Jew. There are certain tenets of (religious) Judaism - ha'mashiach not yet returning comes immediately to mind - that preclude the central doctrine of all normative Christian practice and belief, that Yeshua was the Annointed One. The other big hurdle is the deification of Yeshua ben Miriam, as Judaism is quite universally monist and either mono- or (especially in prior eras) henotheistic.

No, not farfetched for a religion that believes the entire world was once covered in water higher than the himilayas and that a man can be swallowed by a fish and come away unharmed after being the fish's digestive system for three days and three night.s That God needed a ****ing rib to create Eve (not a powerful guy! Even Thor beats that)
i
Here's a clue on what 'Pastor' anyone is preaching: 1) There is no archeological evidence that the tribes of Israel were EVER in Egypt. 2) Egypt during the reigns of the Pharohs NEVER used slaves to build the pyramids; the archeological evidence is that the builders were considered "holy" for their knowledge of how to reach up to god. 3) There is no archeological evidence that the Red Sea shows NO SIGN of any large tribe of people ever crossing - and since it is claimed there were more than a million of them, traces like camps, graves etc. would most certainly have existed.

What Pastor anyone won't tell you is that Biblical scholars both Christian and Jew know the "Bible" is not a book at all, NOT a guide to how to live, but a collection of writings by mostly unknown authors which are never laid out with a view of the customs and morals of the day. What pastor anyone will never admit is that homosexuality was openly practiced in Rome, Greece and much of the Mediteranian DURING the time of Christ, yet the "Bible" mentions not a word, but, if you pay attention the main focus of the teachings of Jesus is not morals at all, he hung out with hookers and thieves! No, His biggest focus was on wealth and greed. He took a whip to the money changers! A whip, likely the cruelest hand held device ever!

BTW, anyone can claim the title "Pastor" it has no legal meaning. I am as trained in the bible as any practicing 'pastor" and more than many. But I have discovered that God and Church are very different things. For one, God is never so broke he has to raise $ on telethons every week.
Who says the FLOOD had to be higher than the Himalayas. It seems that the Bible indicates that there were major plate movements that took place after the FLOOD ----- the result of the FLOOD more than likely.
The Israelites were not called "Israelites" by the Egyptians. The time sequence for the Exodus has never been pinpointed accurately... But please regard the following: https://www.jpost.com/jerusalem-report/article-700876

Every worker is worth his pay. And heating, cooling, water, electricity, and building maintenance, isn't free. A pastor can in fact perform marriages and that requires more than just one's own opinion of himself...

This is a 43 minute video, can someone please summarize it?
Turn off the television for an hour and watch the video. It isn't like you're being asked to read War & Peace. Did you ever do any homework as a kid or did you just read the summary on the jacket to do your report assignments. If this all seems too much for you, I really don't know why you even bother being here at all. If you are going to depend on someone else's summarizations you are at their mercy and not learning anything for yourself...

Who says the FLOOD had to be higher than the Himalayas. It seems that the Bible indicates that there were major plate movements that took place after the FLOOD ----- the result of the FLOOD more than likely.
The Israelites were not called "Israelites" by the Egyptians. The time sequence for the Exodus has never been pinpointed accurately... But please regard the following: https://www.jpost.com/jerusalem-report/article-700876

Every worker is worth his pay. And heating, cooling, water, electricity, and building maintenance, isn't free. A pastor can in fact perform marriages and that requires more than just one's own opinion of himself...

Do you have any idea what the “Heat Problem” is with what you are suggesting regarding plate tectonics?

Here’s a hint: if plate movements occurred at the speed you are suggesting, the friction would have created enough heat to boil the Earth and kill everyone and everything on the Ark and in the oceans.

Back
Top Bottom