• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

the Spin of the Century

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Al Hanson is running for Auditor of Missouri, and actually won the Republican primary in 2002, before losing the race for Auditor to a Democrat, and lost the race for State Treasurer in 2004. What makes this race so special? Because Hanson was previously convicted of fraud. Ready for this? Hanson says he deserves the office because his conviction for fraud makes him more qualified for the office. No kidding. And he actually believes that voters will install a convicted felon in an important governmental position? If so, I have an idea. Lets make a convicted murderer the Chief of Police here in Houston. Why not? He is a convicted murderer, so he ought to be more qualified to catch murderers. Right? LMAO.

Article is here.

danarhea said:
Al Hanson is running for Auditor of Missouri, and actually won the Republican primary in 2002, before losing the race for Auditor to a Democrat, and lost the race for State Treasurer in 2004. What makes this race so special? Because Hanson was previously convicted of fraud. Ready for this? Hanson says he deserves the office because his conviction for fraud makes him more qualified for the office. No kidding. And he actually believes that voters will install a convicted felon in an important governmental position? If so, I have an idea. Lets make a convicted murderer the Chief of Police here in Houston. Why not? He is a convicted murderer, so he ought to be more qualified to catch murderers. Right? LMAO.

Article is here.

Could happen, here in Oregon we re-elected a guy who admittedly sexually assaulted a young woman back in college. David Wu, he probably be re-elected again too, if he decides to run.

Pacridge said:
Could happen, here in Oregon we re-elected a guy who admittedly sexually assaulted a young woman back in college. David Wu, he probably be re-elected again too, if he decides to run.

I hope they didnt elect him to any post involving womens' issues. LOL.

danarhea said:
I hope they didnt elect him to any post involving womens' issues. LOL.

Dem. Oregon's 1st Congressional District.

http://www.house.gov/wu/

Ran against Goli Ameri. I think the main reason she didn't win, she lost by a fairly large %, is she said she thought Bush was a great man and possible one of the best Presidents ever. Not a real popular view in that district. They choose the molester over the Bush supporter.

Pacridge said:
Dem. Oregon's 1st Congressional District.

http://www.house.gov/wu/

Ran against Goli Ameri. I think the main reason she didn't win, she lost by a fairly large %, is she said she thought Bush was a great man and possible one of the best Presidents ever. Not a real popular view in that district. They choose the molester over the Bush supporter.

as any intelligent person would

danarhea said:

Article is here.

And why should I care who Missouri elects as auditor?

Cassapolis said:
as any intelligent person would
Why would an intelligent person pick a rapist? Care to explain?

danarhea said:
Why would an intelligent person pick a rapist? Care to explain?

He didn't rape her. He was dating her, they broke up, he attacked her and allegedly tried to force sex on her. According to him he had "a two-year romantic relationship with a fellow college student that ended with inexcusable behavior on my part"

http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=26790

I believe the allegation was he sexually assaulted the young woman. He was removed from his position at Stanford University due to his behavior.

Pacridge said:
He didn't rape her. He was dating her, they broke up, he attacked her and allegedly tried to force sex on her. According to him he had "a two-year romantic relationship with a fellow college student that ended with inexcusable behavior on my part"

http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=26790

I believe the allegation was he sexually assaulted the young woman. He was removed from his position at Stanford University due to his behavior.

Thats pretty much the definition of attempted rape. With all due respect, I cant see how today's culture of corruption can be dealt with properly, when one side is talking about the Republican corruption while still supporting Democratic corruption.

danarhea said:
Thats pretty much the definition of attempted rape. With all due respect, I cant see how today's culture of corruption can be dealt with properly, when one side is talking about the Republican corruption while still supporting Democratic corruption.

I sure as heck didn't vote for him.

I agree with you whole heartedly. The country's been divided to such a large degree many each "side" has become totally loyal to thier "side." They seem to have the ability to over look, make excuses for or just plain ignore corruption committed by elected officals on their political side of the fence. However should an elected member of the "other side" walk across the street they will endlessly debate whether the do not walk sign was lit.

A little off topic, but this was in the link:

"The auditor's race is wide open this year, because McCaskill is challenging Republican U.S. Sen. Jim Talent instead of seeking re-election to a third term."

This will be the end of Claire McCaskill's political career. She was a wonderful County Prosecutor and Auditor, but I don't think Missourians will allow her to have this much power. Talent will defeat her soundly.

Agreed on Hansen. Sounds like a putz.

It happens all the time...........Barney Frank and admitted homosexual has been convicted of having sex with his pages but he is re elected over and over in Mass.........

Navy Pride said:
It happens all the time...........Barney Frank and admitted homosexual has been convicted of having sex with his pages but he is re elected over and over in Mass.........

NP - I sense you would like homosexuality to be a crime, but it isn't in Mass.

Frank wasn't "convicted" for having sex. He was reprimanded by the House for fixing his then partner's traffic tickets.

My favorite example is Washington DC re-electing Marion Barry. It takes a crack-head to run a corrupt town.

Last edited:
hipsterdufus said:
NP - I sense you would homosexuality to be a crime, but it isn't.

Frank wasn't "convicted" for having sex. He was reprimanded by the House for fixing his then partner's traffic tickets.

No, I don't think homosexuality is a crime....

I think a Congressman have sex with underage pages one though....

Navy Pride said:
No, I don't think homosexuality is a crime....

I think a Congressman have sex with underage pages one though....

I found no evidence that Gobie was underage.

Were you upset when the Washington Times broke the story about the underage gay prostitution ring tours of the Whitehouse during the Reagan era?

This was the biggest scandal in the history of the U.S.A history. The story received some newspaper coverage but there was a TV News Media blackout on the subject. For this reason, most Americans have never heard of it.

Former republican Senator John Decamp was involved in the production a documentary called "Conspiracy of Silence" it was to air May 3, 1994 on the Discovery Channel. This documentary exposed a network of religious leaders and Washington politicians who flew children to Washington D.C. for sex orgies. At the last minute before airing, unknown congressmen threatened the TV Cable industry with restrictive legislation if this documentary was aired.

Almost immediately, the rights to the documentary were purchased by unknown persons who had ordered all copies destroyed. A copy of this videotape was furnished anonymously to former Nebraska state senator and attorney John De Camp who made it available to retired F.B.I. chief, Ted L. Gunderson. While the video quality is not top grade, this tape is a blockbuster in what is revealed by the participants involved. You can purchase a VHS copy at this link. Or you can view an online copy at this page. Franklin Cover up video page

Boy prostitutes 15 years old (and younger) were taking midnight tours of the Whitehouse. There are 19 more Washington Times articles in full text about this case available here at this link.

http://www.thelawparty.com/FranklinCoverup/franklin.htm

hipsterdufus said:
I found no evidence that Gobie was underage.

Were you upset when the Washington Times broke the story about the underage gay prostitution ring tours of the Whitehouse during the Reagan era?

http://www.thelawparty.com/FranklinCoverup/franklin.htm

Franks had a whole stable of pages he was poking....Not all were underage but some were........

I never heard of that but if it was true and knowing the media they would have been all over it.......Yes If true I would have been just as upset.........

I have told you many times I am neither Republican or Democrat........

Navy Pride said:
Franks had a whole stable of pages he was poking....Not all were underage but some were........

I never heard of that but if it was true and knowing the media they would have been all over it.......Yes If true I would have been just as upset.........

I have told you many times I am neither Republican or Democrat........

You're not a Republican? :shock:

Note the Reagan Avatar, hatred for Kerry and love for the Swift Boat smear spewers. NP - Even if you're not registered as one, you're a Republican.

BTW- The age of consent for marriage in Mass. is 12.

Hey Don Siegleman-D when governor appointed Richard Scrushy (HealthSouth scandal) to the State Hospital Board figuring that since he owned most of the hospitals in Alabama he would be the best person to decide who could build more hospitals and where they could build them. Really helps you beat your compeition doesn't it.

hipsterdufus said:
You're not a Republican? :shock:

Note the Reagan Avatar, hatred for Kerry and love for the Swift Boat smear spewers. NP - Even if you're not registered as one, you're a Republican.

BTW- The age of consent for marriage in Mass. is 12.

Nope hips I am and Independent...My local Congressman is a democrat His name is Norm Dicks and he is a hawk and pro military......I have voted for him 6 times........

Your party left me little choice when you nominated Kerry for prez........You see I remember him from the Viet Nam era......You might be surprised to know that half of the Swiftboat Vets were dems or insdependents............

The irony is Bush could of been had if you had nominated a decent candidate, but that is not possible when your party is controlled by the radical left........

can you post a link that shows that one can marry or the legal age of consent is 12 in Mass.?

Oh and far as Reagan goes he was a great Conservative and it is my opinion that he will go down in history as one of this countrys greatest presidents......

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Nope hips I am and Independent...My local Congressman is a democrat His name is Norm Dicks and he is a hawk and pro military......I have voted for him 6 times........

Your party left me little choice when you nominated Kerry for prez........You see I remember him from the Viet Nam era......You might be surprised to know that half of the Swiftboat Vets were dems or insdependents............

The irony is Bush could of been had if you had nominated a decent candidate, but that is not possible when your party is controlled by the radical left........

can you post a link that shows that one can marry or the legal age of consent is 12 in Mass.?

Oh and far as Reagan goes he was a great Conservative and it is my opinion that he will go down in history as one of this countrys greatest presidents......

NP, here is a link showing the age of consent in Mass to be 12 for a girl (14 for a boy) with parental and/or a judges permission.

What is the age with parental consent in Massachusetts?
Male: 14 – parental consent and/or permission of judge required.
Female: 12 – parental consent and/or permission of judge required.

http://family-law.freeadvice.com/ma_parental_consent.htm

hipsterdufus said:
NP, here is a link showing the age of consent in Mass to be 12 for a girl (14 for a boy) with parental and/or a judges permission.

Many states have low ages of consent for marriage. The most famous case was that of Jerry Lee Lewis, who married his 13 year old cousin. Was a big deal in Britain when he went on tour there. They practically ran him out of England on a rail.

hipsterdufus said:

Thanks hips, I personally think that is outrageous but I guess nothing surprises me when it comes to the People's Republc of Mass.

That said that is dealing with marriage and I was really questioning the age of consent dealing with statuatory rape etc. and how does that affect marriage if a young girl is pregnant at age 12......

I also doubt very seriously if you will find any parents that will alloe theri children to marry at those ages.........

Back
Top Bottom