• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Soup Nazi Administration

ItAin'tFree

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"Barricades surrounded Old Faithful and the group was not even allowed to photograph bison as “recreating” was not allowed, according to an armed ranger who ordered the tour back onto their bus. Hodgson, the guide, called the behavior of the rangers “Gestapo tactics.” He added, “We paid a lot to get in. All these people wanted to do was take some pictures.”

And then there is the widely reported story about the National Parks Service barricading the open air monuments at the National Mall in Washington. That decision forced elderly World War II veterans who had traveled hundreds of miles to visit the memorial honoring their service to find a way around them.

Employees of the Parks Service even removed handles on well pumps along the C&O Canal towpath that runs 184 miles from Washington to Cumberland, Maryland preventing bikers from getting water, according to a report last week in the Cumberland Times-News."
The American Spectator : The Soup Nazi Administration

Nothing like a president targeting his enemies (as he called them), the American people.

does nature not work during a govt shutdown?

I don't get the whole park thing.

Why not post a sign that makes it clear that 'because of the Shutdown, no services are available. Anyone entering are doing so at their own risk' ?

If there are particularly dangerous parts of a park then have those areas closed.

Obama's childlike spitefulness is truly shocking. He lacks the maturity of a grown man. In private industry, Obama would be fired immediately and the remaining employees would laugh about how weird he was. It is no wonder he stays in hiding most of the time.

"Barricades surrounded Old Faithful and the group was not even allowed to photograph bison as “recreating” was not allowed, according to an armed ranger who ordered the tour back onto their bus. Hodgson, the guide, called the behavior of the rangers “Gestapo tactics.” He added, “We paid a lot to get in. All these people wanted to do was take some pictures.”

And then there is the widely reported story about the National Parks Service barricading the open air monuments at the National Mall in Washington. That decision forced elderly World War II veterans who had traveled hundreds of miles to visit the memorial honoring their service to find a way around them.

Employees of the Parks Service even removed handles on well pumps along the C&O Canal towpath that runs 184 miles from Washington to Cumberland, Maryland preventing bikers from getting water, according to a report last week in the Cumberland Times-News."

Nothing like a president targeting his enemies (as he called them), the American people.

But...but....but.... I thought all these federal workers were supposed to be home on furlough (== paid vacation)! :shock:

Why not post a sign that makes it clear that 'because of the Shutdown, no services are available. Anyone entering are doing so at their own risk' ?

If there are particularly dangerous parts of a park then have those areas closed.

Too sensible, therefore unacceptable. The peons must learn that all good things flow from the omniscient and ominibenevolent government.

I'd imagine they're very unhappy to be there, since so many of their co-workers are on paid leave. What you're describing (especially the pump handles) sounds vindictive.

I'd imagine they're very unhappy to be there, since so many of their co-workers are on paid leave. What you're describing (especially the pump handles) sounds vindictive.

It is. But we have a very vindictive, petty President.

Because when some dumb ass hiker falls off a cliff the government still has to launch search and rescue even if that sign is there.

My favorite part of these discussions is how the right wing echo chamber has whipped people up into such a way that they've convinced themselves President Obama has personally gone down the list of every government function and individually decided whether or not to keep it running. And that he decides this in a way to deliberately hurt people because he just hates people. And that he has the authority to just declare that everything stays open or closed.

Because when some dumb ass hiker falls off a cliff the government still has to launch search and rescue even if that sign is there.

Yeah, perhaps that could be considered one of the dangerous areas. There are many parts of many parks that are just nice to walk through. They are not all dangerous. Many parks offer wonderments that are just rather unique and a pleasure to witness.

Actually, they call in local search and rescue, the majority of which are voluntary.

It's simple really... Obama wants to piss as many Americans off as possible and blame Republicans for it, because he's more interested in playing partisan politics than doing right by the American people... The fact that he had no problem giving waivers for Obamacare to big corporations (aka, big political donors) but absolutely refuses to do so for the American people, really says it all.

My favorite part of these discussions is how the right wing echo chamber has whipped people up into such a way that they've convinced themselves President Obama has personally gone down the list of every government function and individually decided whether or not to keep it running. And that he decides this in a way to deliberately hurt people because he just hates people. And that he has the authority to just declare that everything stays open or closed.

Nonsense. He merely issues the order to create maximum pain for the public and minimal inconvenience for his flying monkeys. Then he adds that there will be a review next month; conformance will be rewarded, nonconformance will be punished.

Nonsense. He merely issues the order to create maximum pain for the public and minimal inconvenience for his flying monkeys. Then he adds that there will be a review next month; conformance will be rewarded, nonconformance will be punished.

Yes, I know, this is what you guys have convinced yourselves of. You think he's literally a comic book villain. (or I guess a wicked witch?)

You really think it's Obama personally who defined "non-essential" operations.

This thread is what you would expect from the 'Values Voter' Summit,
whose sponsor believes that Ted Cruz is now the Dear Leader of the Republicans..

The soup nazi was the best thing that ever came out of Seinfeld except for "not that there is anything wrong with that". But it is a perfect description of the Obama administration in particular and of Democrats in general.

Too sensible, therefore unacceptable. The peons must learn that all good things flow from the omniscient and ominibenevolent government.

Very sadly, I do think that this is the hope.

Back
Top Bottom