• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The solution to unruly passengers

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Glad to see this gaining traction. An across the board no-fly will fix it.

Delta Air Lines has told the U.S. Department of Justice that any person convicted of a disruption on board a flight should be put on the national “no fly” list.
Any person convicted of a disruption on board a flight should be added to the national “no fly” list, Delta Air Lines told the U.S. Department of Justice.​
In a letter to the Justice Department Attorney General Merrick Garland dated Thursday, Delta CEO Ed Bastian said there should be “zero tolerance” for any behavior that affects flight safety. Bastian noted that while such incidents of bad behavior represent a small fraction of overall flights on Delta, the rate of incidents on the airline has increased nearly 100% since 2019.​

The problem isn't just with passengers, not that I am excusing bad behavior. But a large part of the problem is with poor customer service with the airlines, overbooking flights and packing people into ever smaller and smaller seats, and then too many horrible passive aggressive union airline stewardess who delight in taking out their aggressions on passengers.

Ever wonder why it is always incidents on Spirit Airlines, American, Delta, Southwest, and never Singapore, Quatar, or Nippon airlines? Good customer service is sorely missed with many modern American carriers today.

Delta Air Lines has told the U.S. Department of Justice that any person convicted of a disruption on board a flight should be put on the national “no fly” list.
Any person convicted of a disruption on board a flight should be added to the national “no fly” list, Delta Air Lines told the U.S. Department of Justice.​
In a letter to the Justice Department Attorney General Merrick Garland dated Thursday, Delta CEO Ed Bastian said there should be “zero tolerance” for any behavior that affects flight safety. Bastian noted that while such incidents of bad behavior represent a small fraction of overall flights on Delta, the rate of incidents on the airline has increased nearly 100% since 2019.​

When delta asks for a bailout again because they send a large number of passengers to the no fly list, I expect the answer will be

8ff.png

The problem isn't just with passengers, not that I am excusing bad behavior. But a large part of the problem is with poor customer service with the airlines, overbooking flights and packing people into ever smaller and smaller seats, and then too many horrible passive aggressive union airline stewardess who delight in taking out their aggressions on passengers.

Ever wonder why it is always incidents on Spirit Airlines, American, Delta, Southwest, and never Singapore, Quatar, or Nippon airlines? Good customer service is sorely missed with many modern American carriers today.
"I'm not excusing bad behavior" says guy excusing people who assault flight attendants.

Magats tend not to fly on international carriers?

I'm against unruly behavior and support punishing it, but I'm also in favor of 'second chances' and people learning lessons.

That could work long term but for the immediate solution (to real-time unruly passengers) might I suggest what Ronna McDaniels' calls "legitimate political discourse" up side the head.

I agree.

I won't even fly any more unless I absolutely have to. I used to fly 5 to 10 times a year since 1977. A lot more than that in the 80's. I used to love flying. Now if it is a 5hr drive or less it is cheaper and quicker to drive. I think it is almost as quick and cheap up to an 8hr drive since covid19 and you are not putting yourself at risk of contracting covid19. My brother has to fly all the time with his job. He is just getting over covid19 for the 3rd time now.

I am 6'3" and 270lbs. Now they want me to buy 2 tickets because my shoulders are too wide. Plus my knees are jammed against the seat in front of me. I can't even put the serving tray down because my knees are in the way.

Let them ride Greyhound.

Fired from work for anti-vaxxing, removed from the airlines for anti-masking--I like this whole strategy of removing the hillbillies from normal America.

In general, when people see a customer arguing with an employee about some corporate rule the employee has no control over, most will instinctively side with the employee even though the customer may be objectively right.

Flight attendants may be one of the few exceptions to that.

When delta asks for a bailout again because they send a large number of passengers to the no fly list, I expect the answer will be

View attachment 67373092
It's worse than that. Delta can already ban whoever they want from their planes. They want the power to stop their competitors from doing business with customers they've rejected.

I don't agree with putting them on a permanent no fly list, at least not for generalized disruptions and 1st offenses (in most cases). I could agree to some sort of short term one though where they are basically on probation after, meaning if they are involved in a second incident on a plane, then they can be permanent no fly (possibly even 3 strikes, but no more than that).

But this would depend on the offense too. I don't agree with a generalized "disruption" conviction, especially if they are to be permanently banned from flying, being the basis for a complete no fly list entry. I prefer punishments be based on individual circumstances, to the biggest degree possible, not one size fits all. I could however see certain situations warranting being on a no fly list from the first event, if it is severe enough (likely would have to involve actual danger, infliction of harm to others).

How about just putting them in prison?

One of my daughter’s is a flight attendant. She has seen some batshit crazy people on her flights.

They should be made to walk the plank

Back
Top Bottom