• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Soldiers Of Untied States

mikeey

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
THE SOLDIERS OF UNTIED STATES come on home fellas,your familys are
waiting for U.

but not in COFFINS

god bless them.

mikeey

From my readings of articles about US soldiers and interviews with them, there is a sentiment among many of them that they do not want to return home until their job is done and they have attained victory according to the goal set by the current administration.

It is of my understanding that many soldiers invest a certain amount of pride in their jobs and realize possible death is part of what they signed up for.

I am not advocating they have to stay, but I am advocating that one should keep an open mind and really take their wishes into account.

Now I don't know ALL the soldiers wishes myself, no one really does, but I do think dragging them all home would do more harm than good on many levels.

the untied states? :doh

purplezen said:
From my readings of articles about US soldiers and interviews with them, there is a sentiment among many of them that they do not want to return home until their job is done and they have attained victory according to the goal set by the current administration.

It is of my understanding that many soldiers invest a certain amount of pride in their jobs and realize possible death is part of what they signed up for.

I am not advocating they have to stay, but I am advocating that one should keep an open mind and really take their wishes into account.

Now I don't know ALL the soldiers wishes myself, no one really does, but I do think dragging them all home would do more harm than good on many levels.

I think you are right.

purplezen said:

Everybody has pride invested in their job and wants to do a good job. We need to stay the course their because of serious consquences if we don't. That still doesn't excuse Bush for the mistake of ordering the invasion. It also doesn't excuse the Bush Adminstration from ordering the invasion with intelligence later proven false, and Bush needs to take the hit on that and accept responsibility.

But now that we got ourselves in this mess, packing our bags and leaving is not the answer either, because that will only make the situation worse. But it still doesn't mean we necessarily invaded Iraq to "bring freedom and democracy" to that country and it certainly doesn't excuse our motives by staying the course.

That's one of the big problems I have with our political leaders is that they are always trying to avoid some kind of responsibility for their actions and pass that liability off on somebody who was not responsible. You see it all the time and it is unacceptable. Then, these same political leaders would turn around and expect everybody else to accept responsibility for their actions but some people don't, because our political leaders set a bad example and some people follow that bad example.

Back
Top Bottom