• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The social well being...

AndrewStebbins

Reaction score
I thought this would be a hot one so I decided to post it down here in the basement, dont worry I locked the door behind me.

Recently I've been thinking about this, and Im sure many of you have already understood this for years...

I've noticed that the hardcore religious folks give all of their praise to God, and do not credit themselves with the "win", achievement, or accomplishment. Also, that they believe that God will make the decision, if it is neccesary, which - in the case of the Snake Handlers down in AL, GA, AR, and MS, can be lethal. Another point, is the confidence and slef esteem so low that they do not believe in themselves enough that they need to leave it to God?

I really want your opinions here....I'm sure I'll get some

Andrew

Interesting question. One that goes along with that,(wouldn't ya know a capitalist pig would ask this) is why do they give so much of their money to a church. A lot of those folks don't have a pot to **** in, let alone money to throw away.

Yeah, Squawker, that has always struck me as odd. See, I would have thought it would be the exact opposite

if people relied on religion because of confidence issues and low self-esteem, the suicide rates in countries like Italy, Isreal, India, etc would be through the roof. religion in America has actually been on the decrease during the last 20 years. your other two points i semi-agree with. i dont think God intended us to do everything in his name and let him choose all directions one takes.

as far as the money thing goes, i was baptized catholic and went to the catholic church when i was young. my girlfriend is also a catholic. but whenever i step foot in their church it seems like they rob you blind. when i do go to church now its at the local presbyterian church. ive never given more than a few bucks to them yet theyre still the friendliest people in the world.

Back
Top Bottom