• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Social Dilemma

Daqueef

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A Netflix documentary. I think everyone should watch it.

It's information we already know, just explained in an insider way.

The most fascinating, and scary part, is its all AI driven. To the point the social media platforms, and beyond, don't truly understand it themselves.

Sadly, I'm not sure this exposure makes a difference, as everyone will deny they are being manipulated by their own thoughts and beliefs.

Everyone watch, and just take pause for a minute to reflect.

Its information that has known for nearly a decade now

One of the pillars of western society is that individuals are capable of determining their path with competence, however, humans are mainly a collection of heuristics and drives with a dab of conscious awareness on top. We really have no defense against these engines and often will never know we are being manipulated.

A Netflix documentary. I think everyone should watch it.

It's information we already know, just explained in an insider way.

The most fascinating, and scary part, is its all AI driven. To the point the social media platforms, and beyond, don't truly understand it themselves.

Sadly, I'm not sure this exposure makes a difference, as everyone will deny they are being manipulated by their own thoughts and beliefs.

Everyone watch, and just take pause for a minute to reflect.

I watched it with my daughter, who is not allowed social media many reasons discussed in the doc. I agree is was fascinating and yet scary to see what we are up against.

The next day I was talking about it so some family members who are social media addicts and they were all like that's crazy but good thing I don't use it that much... only to pull out their phones to check it within the half hour. Like you said, it's probably not going to make a difference to people who want to live a perfect online life and be validated in their beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom