• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Smoothie That Saved Moby’s Life

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The LA-based musician, 50, who has just published his autobiography, ‘Porcelain’, became vegan 28 years ago.
“I always start my day with a very elaborate green smoothie,” he said.
“I’ll throw parsley, kale, a little broccoli raab, a banana, mixed berries, cranberries, flaxseed, chia seeds and DHA [omega-3] oil into a blender.”
Moby says:
“it might have been one of the only things that kept me from dying.”
“It’s about as nutritious and complete as anything could possibly be, with various greens, anti-oxidants, healthy omega-3 fats and more fiber than your average person in Tulsa, Okla., probably eats in a lifetime.”

Juicing: The Smoothie That Saved Moby's Life

The LA-based musician, 50, who has just published his autobiography, ‘Porcelain’, became vegan 28 years ago.
“I’ll throw parsley, kale, a little broccoli raab, a banana, mixed berries, cranberries, flaxseed, chia seeds and DHA [omega-3] oil into a blender.”
Moby says:
“It’s about as nutritious and complete as anything could possibly be, with various greens, anti-oxidants, healthy omega-3 fats and more fiber than your average person in Tulsa, Okla., probably eats in a lifetime.”

very close to what I have for breakfast every morning :thumbs:

I don't know about the saving his life part, but green smoothies are awesome. It is a quick, tasty way to get in your greens.

Moby says:

Keith Richards disagrees!

He's nearly a quarter century older (73), and I doubt any musician lived harder. Perhaps this guy should try Keith's diet?

What do you think?

I thought it literally saved his life from some kind of disease, but the article does not elaborate on what that comment means.

Also, the implication of the article - when it references yoga and meditation - is that a non-meat lifestyle is automatically more spiritual.

The people in my life that I've met who have the most level of spiritual attainment have been all over the place diet wise. Some are vegetarians, some eat meat. The inner work doesn't change based on proscribed diets. In fact it seems like diet and fundamentalism combined tend to create new egoic attachments that run contrary to truthful practices.

Moby says:

If he's 50 and that kept him from dying, he must be doing chowing ecstasy by the handful.

Keith Richards disagrees!

He's nearly a quarter century older (73), and I doubt any musician lived harder. Perhaps this guy should try Keith's diet?

What do you think?

Plenty of musicians lived and partied harder than Keith Richards. Moderation was always Keith's mantra. There's not much he didn't try, but he did little to excess.

Green smoothies, yuck. Apart from how unsavory that green goo seems, I reject the very idea of it, as I don't view vegetables as some sort of a necessary evil that must be forcibly consumed.

Green smoothies, yuck. Apart from how unsavory that green goo seems, I reject the very idea of it, as I don't view vegetables as some sort of a necessary evil that must be forcibly consumed.

My missus makes one now and again. I've nicknamed them the "snot locker" in honor of one my dad's favorite words for nose as in "he got hit right in the snot locker."

In truth they don't taste bad but all things considered I'd rather have bacon and a couple of eggs for breakfast.

My missus makes one now and again. I've nicknamed them the "snot locker" in honor of one my dad's favorite words for nose as in "he got hit right in the snot locker."

In truth they don't taste bad but all things considered I'd rather have bacon and a couple of eggs for breakfast.

I mean seriously, who would want to start his day like that? Sometimes, a good breakfast is the only thing that makes me get up on time.

On a slightly different note, I can't think of a more futile cause than vegetarianism; there's no way in hell we're going to give up meat en masse. If it's not for the prospect of meat in a meal, I'd wither away and die.

On a slightly different note, I can't think of a more futile cause than vegetarianism; there's no way in hell we're going to give up meat en masse. If it's not for the prospect of meat in a meal, I'd wither away and die.

vegetarianism and healthy eating is on the rise, not the decline.

Tbilisi vegan cafe appeal over meat-wielding 'extremists

A vegan cafe in Tbilisi has appealed for public solidarity after being invaded by ultra-nationalists wielding grilled meat and sausages.
More than a dozen men stormed into the Kiwi cafe in the Georgian capital on Sunday evening, the cafe said, shouting and throwing meat at patrons.
A brawl erupted but the attackers fled before police arrived.
Police are now investigating, and say they have questioned the attackers and cafe staff. Nobody has been arrested.
The cafe has appealed for public support, saying it was no prank but a case of intimidation by neo-Nazis.
The attackers wore strings of sausages round their necks and threw chunks of meat onto customers' plates, the BBC's Rayhan Demytrie reports from Tbilisi.
They are known as the Bergmann group, and a social media page shows their attacks on people of Arab or African origin, our correspondent reports. One photograph shows members making the Nazi salute.

Tbilisi vegan cafe appeal over meat-wielding 'extremists' - BBC News

Plenty of musicians lived and partied harder than Keith Richards. Moderation was always Keith's mantra. There's not much he didn't try, but he did little to excess.
That wasn't the impression I got from reading "Life" - unless long-time hard-core heroin addiction is "moderation" in your eyes ...

Read his autobiography.

It was only heroin that he didn't do to excess, and by not doing it to excess he means that he simply didn't mainline it. However, he would regularly inject it into his buttocks to take the edge off the cocaine binges that kept him away for 7 days straight at a time. The constellation of uppers, downers, sideways-ers and everything else he always had around were just so much background noise. Guy was crazy.

He has a passage in his book penned by someone else. This person regularly obtained ounce containers of pure cocaine (the Brits briefly toyed with the bad idea of giving cocaine to heroin addicts so they wouldn't be so slothful, according to him). Keith and Richards show up at the person's house. He dumps the whole ounce out, puts 8 grams in one line, 8 in another, 4 in a third, and reserves the remainder. Keith and the person each do an 8-gram line in one go, Richards gets the 4g one because he's the "new guy" at that point. Then they go driving straight through the night.

Those amounts ought to kill a man....

Perhaps only Lemmy and Ozzy rival him for all-out insanity. We need to study these individuals' DNA for clues to what provided their obscene resistance to hostile conditions of life.

Back
Top Bottom