• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The slurs and texts of Ahmaud Arbery’s killers reflect the persistent racism in our society

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Read this entire article, if you dare, to see just how casually the n-word is still used “behind closed doors” even today.

“In January 2019, Travis McMichael was making plans to meet a friend identified as N.J. at a Cracker Barrel. When N.J. arrived first at the restaurant, he texted McMichael that a number of Black people were there. McMichael texted back: “Need to change the name from Cracker Barrel to [n-word] Bucket.”

Two months later, Travis McMichael was texting with someone else, identified only as H.B., who complained that while bar-hopping the previous evening he had encountered too many Black people. “Zero [n-word] work with me,” McMichael replied, apparently referring to his job. “They ruin everything. That’s why I love what I do now. Not a [n-word] in sight.”

Another text exchange involving Travis McMichael included a photo of a disabled man wearing a T-shirt that said “At least I’m not a [n-word].” And in his social media accounts, FBI analysts — who unearthed this cornucopia of racism — found a video clip of a Black child dancing that had been overdubbed with a racist song titled “Alabama [n-word].”

Read this entire article, if you dare, to see just how casually the n-word is still used “behind closed doors” even today.

“In January 2019, Travis McMichael was making plans to meet a friend identified as N.J. at a Cracker Barrel. When N.J. arrived first at the restaurant, he texted McMichael that a number of Black people were there. McMichael texted back: “Need to change the name from Cracker Barrel to [n-word] Bucket.”

Two months later, Travis McMichael was texting with someone else, identified only as H.B., who complained that while bar-hopping the previous evening he had encountered too many Black people. “Zero [n-word] work with me,” McMichael replied, apparently referring to his job. “They ruin everything. That’s why I love what I do now. Not a [n-word] in sight.”

Another text exchange involving Travis McMichael included a photo of a disabled man wearing a T-shirt that said “At least I’m not a [n-word].” And in his social media accounts, FBI analysts — who unearthed this cornucopia of racism — found a video clip of a Black child dancing that had been overdubbed with a racist song titled “Alabama [n-word].”

Grotesque. I lived in small cities in the South for over 25 years, including the Brunswick, GA area, and this is not the least bit surprising to me.

Do you support all racist slurs 'cause NWA?

No.

I personally do not use racial slurs. I think its ignorant to talk like that.

But you obviously "support" racial slurs....sometimes. Right?

No.

I personally do not use racial slurs. I think its ignorant to talk like that.

But you obviously "support" racial slurs....sometimes. Right?
So you believe that the behavior mentioned in the OP is ignorant? Good.

That word should never be said -- even in "private."

If someone is accustomed to saying it in "private," one day it is going to slip out in public during an emotional moment.

Here in Los Angeles, some years back, I was walking on a quiet residential street. I noticed ahead that a car had NOT stopped to let a pedestrian cross the street. The pedestrian yelled, "Are you crazy?" The driver took off. When the pedestrian passed me, he looked back at the scene of the incident and muttered that word loud enough for me to hear. I am guessing that he later regretted that outburst.

That word should NOT even be in one's vocabulary. If it happens to slip out one day in a public confrontation, the consequences could be significant.

No comparison. It's different when a black person uses it.

Annnnnd......there it is.

You dont want "equality", you want blacks to have special "rights" and privileges that Whites will not enjoy.

And therein lies the double standard and the problem.

I won't bow to black supremacy Credence. Not now, not ever.

It is sad. I have heard it used more times in front of me than I'd like to recall. I do not allow it to go unanswered though :(

You dont want "equality", you want blacks to have special "rights" and privileges that Whites will not enjoy.

BS. What an asinine response and please do not snip my posts:

No comparison. It's different when a black person uses it which BTW ends in an a not er. White people should never use it
Please note the way it is spelled in NWA

Leave it to the right wingers to take a thread about racist slurs used on a regular basis by certain whites into an attack on the very persons who are the victims of those slurs. And these are the same people who constantly get upset when there is an attempt to discuss that racism. Welcome to the “modern” Republican Party.

Leave it to the right wingers to take a thread about racist slurs used on a regular basis by certain whites into an attack on the very persons who are the victims of those slurs. And these are the same people who constantly get upset when there is an attempt to discuss that racism. Welcome to the “modern” Republican Party.

OK, thank you for filling me in on "right wingers" and the republican party.

???.gif

I do not allow it to go unanswered though

Yeah you do. If a black person says it you'll let it go "unanswered".

You just said so yourself. You think blacks have enhanced rights and privileges. You want black privilege.

You just said so yourself. You think blacks have enhanced rights and privileges. You want black privilege.
is it possible for you to reply to a comment without resorting to logical fallacies?

You haven’t told us your thoughts specifically about the contents of the article, per se. Why not?

Well, it sounds like his case isn't going to go very well.

Try listening to a few NWA songs my friend.

Do you know what NWA stands for?

Yeah, this kinda of nonsense is tired. There's a difference between black people calling themselves n***as and a white guy referring to black guys as n****rs. The former is a type of group identification; the latter is the language of white supremacy. Language represents ideas. A black guy calling another guy a n**ga isn't thinking "Shine my shoes, boy".

They were great, one of my favorite rap groups ever. They were way ahead of their time regarding the institution of police, that's for sure.

I liked NWA, but Public Enemy was better.

Anyway, carry on.

It's also widely accepted that blacks can rap about sexually assaulting women and killing police officers.

It's even featured on Spotify and Apple Music. Here's a Youtube of Apache - Kill D'White People

As it stands, blacks can talk about killing anyone they want. Even on social media and publicly available consumables.

Well, it sounds like his case isn't going to go very well.

IANAL but my understanding of the law is that it's not sufficient to show that they're racist (which they absolutely are); the prosecution has to show that they committed a violent offense because they are racist.

I'll bet money that I can't submit a song or video to any platform entitled, "Kill all the' White Bitches".

Back
Top Bottom