• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The slang word 'fu*k'

crazyme

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From where does the slang word 'fu*k' come from?

fuco
Latin
Verb
fūcō (present infinitive fūcāre, perfect active fūcāvī, supine fūcātum); first conjugation

I colour, paint, dye
I embellish, dissemble, falsify

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fuco

Latin verb '''fuco''' conjugated

When you treat another person or life as with the fervency of the word 'fu*k', you are actually 'embellishing, dissembling, falsifying' that person/life.

What is the meaning of 'dissemble'?

dis·sem·ble
verb
conceal one's true motives, feelings, or beliefs.
"an honest, sincere person with no need to dissemble"
synonyms: dissimulate, pretend, feign, act, masquerade, sham, fake, bluff, posture, hide one's feelings, put on a false front
"she's being honest and has no need to dissemble"
disguise or conceal (a feeling or intention).
"she smiled, dissembling her true emotion"

DP definitely needs a thread on this word.

This is what happens when you take the brown acid, people.

So when a person 'falsifies, dissembles, and/or embellishes' a matter or 'thing', including themselves, they are actually 'fu*king' the other person/thing/self over.

fuco

fūcō (present infinitive fūcāre, perfect active fūcāvī, supine fūcātum); first conjugation

I colour, paint, dye

They are 'painting' a 'false, embellished, dissembled' idea or notion over the truth.

per·ju·ry
the offense of willfully telling an untruth in a court after having taken an oath or affirmation.
synonyms: lying under oath, giving false evidence/testimony, making false statements, willful falsehood
"she was found guilty of perjury"

Exodus 20:16 "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour."

Proverbs 14:5 "A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies."

Proverbs 6:19 "A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Proverbs 14:25 "A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies."

Proverbs 25:18 "A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow."

Mark 10:19 "Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother."

If I was to tell my 'friends' or 'Community' what sort of parent(s) I had by my lifestyle in a Community of 'well being', what am I really telling them through my lifestyle about my parent(s)?

If I'm a Caucasion person in a non Caucasion Community living a certain way, what is my 'lifestyle' saying about my parents or even Caucasions on the whole? Or if I was a 'minority' person in a 'Majority' Community, living a certain way, what would my way of living/lifestyle say about my parent(s) and/or 'race'?

If I'm a believer in a Community, what is my life/words, saying about the 'faith' I belong to?

What is false witness? What is false? What is 'embellishing' the false?

Exodus 20:16 "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour."

Proverbs 14:5 "A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies."

Proverbs 6:19 "A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Proverbs 14:25 "A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies."

Proverbs 25:18 "A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour is a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow."

Mark 10:19 "Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother."

The LORD IS The Heavenly Father. The Lord (J)esus Christ IS The Everlasting Father. The Holy Spirit is Eternal.

Can I be 'guilty' of committing 'false testimonies' towards 'Them'?

Last edited:
It's a Germanic word, not latin. That isn't the origin of the word.... The latin/italian translation of the word is fottere

Now keep in mind that those that do commit false testimonies towards 'Them' are also brothers and sisters to many others. They are 'family' allowing for one another, other family members to give 'false testimonies' to those who were not yet introduced.

A person, especially a family brother or sister, should not give 'false testimony' to those that have not yet met their Father; The Heavenly Father, The Everlasting Father and The Eternal One, right?

What an introduction that might be....

Father, I'd like for you to meet Jim. He's a person I met that wanted to meet you. I told him that you hand out 'free monies'.

Jim later asks... Why do many say that 'he' is a 'she' when you call 'him' a Father?

This could be a sincere question.. So how would I answer without giving 'false testimony' about HIM?

This same Heavenly Father, Everlasting Father and Eternal One is also in every place. NOT only here where English is spoken. NOT only here where Hollywood Boulevard is around the corner. They are Everywhere. So how can I give a True testimony towards 'Them' if I was speaking to the 'majority', of let's say, North Korea while I was still yet in the 'free' places?

The words I speak to the English listeners should also be true to those who would be of North Korea at the same time. This is a 'truer' testimony towards 'Them' Who Rules Heaven AND Earth and all that is within.

But even right in the U.S where English is the 'common' language, Denominations are separated from one another due to Doctrines. Rather than a 'Common' Way, there are schisms and some even call others 'cult' members. And these are supposed to give a 'True Testimony' rather than a 'false testimony' towards 'Them'.

And so the words of Christ rings true...

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." - Matthew 7:3-5

Last edited:
I always thought it was "For Unlawful (or Unclean) Carnal Knowledge"

It's a Germanic word, not latin. That isn't the origin of the word.... The latin/italian translation of the word is fottere

celticwar is correct. It's Germanic. Not Latin.

German: ficken
Dutch: fokken
Swedish: focka

For example, an early use:

He clappit fast, he kist and chukkit,
As with the glaikis he wer ouirgane.
Yit be his feirris he wald haue fukkit
" Ye brek my hart, my bony ane."

In secreit place this hyndir nycht (1513)

And so the words of Christ rings true...

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." - Matthew 7:3-5

Another way to look at the above verse is:

Why stick around a person who you find to be 'wrong' to begin with?

1 Corinthians 11:22 "What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not."

I often times wonder. Does 1 Corinthians 11:22 represent the 'true' testimony of the Apostle Paul's life?

No indeed houses not have you in which to eat and to drink?

No:
3361. mé
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
not, lest, neither, never

indeed: 1063. gar
and, as, because, for
A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason (used in argument, explanation or intensification; often with other particles) -- and, as, because (that), but, even, for, indeed, no doubt, seeing, then, therefore, verily, what, why, yet.

houses: 3614. oikia
home, household.
From oikos; properly, residence (abstractly), but usually (concretely) an abode (literally or figuratively); by implication, a family (especially domestics) -- home, house(-hold).

not: 3756. ou, ouk, ouch
nay, neither, never, no
Also (before a vowel) ouk (ook), and (before an aspirate) ouch (ookh) a primary word; the absolute negative (compare me) adverb; no or not -- + long, nay, neither, never, no (X man), none, (can-)not, + nothing, + special, un(-worthy), when, + without, + yet but. See also ou me, mekos.

have you: 2192. echó
to have, hold
Including an alternate form scheo skheh'-o; (used in certain tenses only); a primary verb; to hold (used in very various applications, literally or figuratively, direct or remote; such as possession; ability, contiuity, relation, or condition) -- be (able, X hold, possessed with), accompany, + begin to amend, can(+ -not), X conceive, count, diseased, do + eat, + enjoy, + fear, following, have, hold, keep, + lack, + go to law, lie, + must needs, + of necessity, + need, next, + recover, + reign, + rest, + return, X sick, take for, + tremble, + uncircumcised, use.

This letter was written to Corinth. The city in which the 'homosexual' verse is within. Be not an abuser of self with mankind. And also the 'temple' foods. Once again, the word 'homosexual' is in 'current' translations of The Holy Bible since even the Greek at that time did not have a 'word' for 'homosexual'.

Whose mote or beam is 'greater'? Yours or mine?

Does a clarification of the word in 1 Corinthians 6:9, homosexual, make any difference to any other person(s) besides for those within the Churches?

Whose mote or beam is 'greater'? Theirs, the outsiders, or ours, the insiders?

Last edited:
I remember someone saying that it meant, "Fornication Under Consent of the King". Like French Fries, that premise might go better with some grains of salt. Personally, I prefer the Brazilian slang word "meter" which means "to slam or to stuff".

Last edited:

fuco
Latin
Verb

I colour, paint, dye
I embellish, dissemble, falsify

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fuco

Latin verb '''fuco''' conjugated

When you treat another person or life as with the fervency of the word 'fu*k', you are actually 'embellishing, dissembling, falsifying' that person/life.

What is the meaning of 'dissemble'?

dis·sem·ble
verb
conceal one's true motives, feelings, or beliefs.
"an honest, sincere person with no need to dissemble"
synonyms: dissimulate, pretend, feign, act, masquerade, sham, fake, bluff, posture, hide one's feelings, put on a false front
"she's being honest and has no need to dissemble"
disguise or conceal (a feeling or intention).
"she smiled, dissembling her true emotion"

Provincial meaning 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge'

I always thought it was "For Unlawful (or Unclean) Carnal Knowledge"

Correct.
A Brief History of the 'F' Word - TIME
First printed in a Scottish poem in 1503, the ancient and awesomely powerful F-bomb continues to mystify lexicographers. Rumors persist that legal acronyms spawned the obscenity in question ("Fornication Under Consent of the King" or the Irish police-blotter inscription "booked For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"), though the modern-day phrase has been traced to a number of etymological origins: Middle Dutch (fokken), Germanic (ficken), English (firk), Scottish (fukkit). Even the Latin terms futuerre ("to copulate") and pungo ("to prick") bear a striking resemblance to the four-letter word. Of course, its original definition linking sex with violence and pleasure with pain has broadened considerably in the past 500 years.

Note that the latin term is futuerre and pungo and not as claimed in the op fuco.

Sounds to me like crazyme is doing his own dissembling. He gives no origin for his definition, no reason as to why that particular word was chosen by him. I wonder what his motive is to discredit the word ****?

Correct.
A Brief History of the 'F' Word - TIME

Note that the latin term is futuerre and pungo and not as claimed in the op fuco.

Sounds to me like crazyme is doing his own dissembling. He gives no origin for his definition, no reason as to why that particular word was chosen by him. I wonder what his motive is to discredit the word ****?

Because using the English word for it doesn't render an opportunity to do it? That's my experience. Vamos meter!

Because using the English word for it doesn't render an opportunity to do it? That's my experience.

Either you out with demure women/men (let' not make assumptions here) or you have never roused a partner to the point where they scream out " Oh god! **** me, **** me. "

I would like someone to tell me what really is so bad about the word. I understand that it is held up as a swear word. That for some obscure reason people are supposed to be offended by it. And that those who simply do what society expects without thinking for themselves will play the game of acting offended. But, what actually is the offense.

It is just a word. A way of emphasising something. What is so bad about that.

Last edited:
I would like someone to tell me what really is so bad about the word. I understand that it is held up as a swear word. That for some obscure reason people are supposed to be offended by it. And that those who simply do what society expects without thinking for themselves will play the game of acting offended. But, what actually is the offense.

Those who use it present themselves as vulgar. However, that can sometimes be useful. My sister's ex-husband used to go up to random chicks on the beach back in the 1970s and asked "wanna **** "? Most weekends he found someone to take him up on the offer. He got his faced slapped a few times, but considered it worth it.

Those who use it present themselves as vulgar. However, that can sometimes be useful. My sister's ex-husband used to go up to random chicks on the beach back in the 1970s and asked "wanna **** "? Most weekends he found someone to take him up on the offer. He got his faced slapped a few times, but considered it worth it.

No, that is nothing more than the blind acceptance of social status. The question is not about what society has created but why follow what society has created. The word itself is not vulgar but as your story tells us it is what a person does that is vulgar. He could have asked that same question using many different words. But it would not have mattered because the women who slap his face have objected to being seen as nothing more than a sex object and not the word **** itself.

No, that is nothing more than the blind acceptance of social status. The question is not about what society has created but why follow what society has created. The word itself is not vulgar but as your story tells us it is what a person does that is vulgar. He could have asked that same question using many different words. But it would not have mattered because the women who slap his face have objected to being seen as nothing more than a sex object and not the word **** itself.

What about the ones that took him up on his offer?

Either you out with demure women/men (let' not make assumptions here) or you have never roused a partner to the point where they scream out " Oh god! **** me, **** me. "

We'll probably never know, considering that the word in its modern form goes back to middle English (e.g., Chaucer's time), and even back then was considered "naughty." By the way, that makes it one of the oldest words in the language that has retained its modern form.

Before that, the best guess from linguists is that f*ck's oldest ancestor came from the old-English/middle-German word fucian. This word meant to bang or pound on an object rhythmically, and was chiefly used to describe a drummer with a drum. So it wasn't much of a stretch to ascribe a sexual connotation, I suppose.

(Source: Oxford English Dictionary)

F*ck is a very old word, first appearing in English text in court records from 1310. The word f*ck came into more common use in the 16th Century in England. However its origins are ancient with parallel cognates in many Germanic languages and possibly goes back to ancient Aryan Indo-European.

The Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang (Random House, 1994, ISBN 0-394-54427-7) cites examples like Middle Dutch "fokken" = “to thrust, copulate with”; Norwegian dialect "fukka" = “to copulate”; and Swedish dialect "focka" = “to strike, push, copulate” and fock = “penis”. Although German "ficken" may enter the picture somehow, it is more problematic and thus less reliably linked to the modern English word "f*ck".

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

It's an okay word if you think Tony Montana is a good role model.

It's an okay word if you think Tony Montana is a good role model.

Right! Because only evil drug lords use that word.

Or is it that a person is likely to turn into an evil drug lord if they use that word.

If i hear an eight year old using that word should i ask him if i can score some coke from him?

Right! Because only evil drug lords use that word.

Or is it that a person is likely to turn into an evil drug lord if they use that word.

If i hear an eight year old using that word should i ask him if i can score some coke from him?

Well, it depends on what eight-year-old you ask.

Yet, reports indicate that Gauteng’s youngest drug dealer is an eight-year-old boy from Douglasdale.

https://www.health24.com/Lifestyle/...s/see-60-of-sa-teens-have-been-drunk-20170628

The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing is a vice so mean and low, that every person of sense and character detests and despises it. — George Washington

Well, it depends on what eight-year-old you ask.

Yet, reports indicate that Gauteng’s youngest drug dealer is an eight-year-old boy from Douglasdale.

https://www.health24.com/Lifestyle/...s/see-60-of-sa-teens-have-been-drunk-20170628

The foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing is a vice so mean and low, that every person of sense and character detests and despises it. — George Washington

So basically your answer is that you were told it is a sin and need not really think for yourself on the matter. And then use the weak excuse of pretending anyone who swears must also sin to justify your belief.

As i thought, there is no real harm in the word there is just a prudish affectation that allows one to feel superior.

Back
Top Bottom