• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

* * * The Single Biggest Weakness of the Constitution:

If this is about the flaws in the constitution then by all means, let it be about the flaws but first you must separate what they had to do to get it passed and what we now know after 230 years. As it stands today, the main flaws I see pertain to creating a government that has too much concentration of power in a small number of people and states. Anything that can change the dynamic so more Americans feel they have a direct say in governing is a move in the right direction. For starters, there is no universal right to vote nor national standards for who gets to vote and how the voting occurs. Secondly, we are far beyond the need for the Electoral College, time to rid ourselves of this artifact. Lastly, the 2nd amendment has turned us into a nation of killers, it it time for gun ownership to be a privilege not a right. As for money in politics, it is obscene and will only get worse. I do not have the answer but we all know the problem, we have the government special interests pay for, that is not how to run a nation for the people and by the people.

If this is about the flaws in the constitution then by all means, let it be about the flaws but first you must separate what they had to do to get it passed and what we now know after 230 years. As it stands today, the main flaws I see pertain to creating a government that has too much concentration of power in a small number of people and states. Anything that can change the dynamic so more Americans feel they have a direct say in governing is a move in the right direction. For starters, there is no universal right to vote nor national standards for who gets to vote and how the voting occurs. Secondly, we are far beyond the need for the Electoral College, time to rid ourselves of this artifact. Lastly, the 2nd amendment has turned us into a nation of killers, it it time for gun ownership to be a privilege not a right. As for money in politics, it is obscene and will only get worse. I do not have the answer but we all know the problem, we have the government special interests pay for, that is not how to run a nation for the people and by the people.

not a word about op. If you didn't understand it why not ask questions????

there is no universal right to vote

there is no universal right to do brain surgery either. you obviously have to be qualified

Last edited:
nor national standards for who gets to vote and how the voting occurs.

because we are not a communist nation! if national standard were wrong or how to vote was wrong nationally the whole nation would suffer from the monopoly. States are laboratories of democracy. You didn't learn that in elementary school?

Secondly, we are far beyond the need for the Electoral College, time to rid ourselves of this artifact.

ah, we just elected Trump if Americans elect someone nuttier than Trump the college can save us. You didn't learn that is civics class

Lastly, the 2nd amendment has turned us into a nation of killers, it it time for gun ownership to be a privilege not a right.

20,000 in a nation of 330 million does not make us a nation of killers, and ultimately gun rights are to protect us from abusive liberal government which we are rapidly approaching. You did't learn that in civics class???

As for money in politics, it is obscene and will only get worse.

absurd of course. Jeb Bush had all the money and Trump had none. Guess who won?

I do not have the answer but we all know the problem, we have the government special interests pay for, that is not how to run a nation for the people and by the people.

Intelligent people all know the problem is liberal govt since that is far and away the dominant political philosophy in America. Its long past time for liberals to take responsibility for what they have done.

So you don't think the folks who can influence government to the point it represents the private sector more than it does the public isn't a greater conflict of interest? You can complain about the poor wanting money, but corporations seek to influence legislation to benefit their interests alone which can result in deregulation of environmental and legal protections in place to help the general public.

people on welfare and other programs are 100% dependent on govt so have a conflict of interest when voting, corporations don't vote, are not 100% dependent on welfare. They survive only by serving others with the best jobs and products in the world so there is no such conflict.

Intelligent people all know the problem is liberal govt since that is far and away the dominant political philosophy in America. Its long past time for liberals to take responsibility for what they have done.

All liberals have done for decades is create the very society we have today barring some misguided attempts at supply side economics and the occasional Republican President. The trend line is progressive, has been since Teddy Roosevelt.

ah, we just elected Trump if Americans elect someone nuttier than Trump the college can save us. You didn't learn that is civics class

The college failed us with Trump. They have not done their intended job for a long time. Sorry, it has to go.

because we are not a communist nation! if national standard were wrong or how to vote was wrong nationally the whole nation would suffer from the monopoly. States are laboratories of democracy. You didn't learn that in elementary school?

The nation is made up of all the people agreeing to a compact with each other under the concept of one man, one vote, everyone is equal, everyone participates equally. That is the nation we want, that is the system we promote everywhere in the world and that is the system we should be. As for your continued childish remarks, I can only hope you end up slipping this type of language into personal discussions while you are out and about. Sooner or later someone will set you straight and it won't be verbal.

National election standards = COMMUNISM

Ooookay.

You lost me at “conflict of interest for the poor to be voting”.....

Wow, that's pretty good. He lost me at James972... :lol: After that, I knew how the rest would go.

Funny how these alt-right guys are hard core CONSTITUTION 4 LIFE!!!.....except for the bits they don't like, those they'll change, AND, for extra credit, they'll blame liberals and mention communism... :lamo

people on welfare and other programs are 100% dependent on govt so have a conflict of interest when voting, corporations don't vote, are not 100% dependent on welfare. They survive only by serving others with the best jobs and products in the world so there is no such conflict.

Corporations are not dependent on welfare, but actively lobby the government to enact legislation in their favor regardless of impact to the public. They do not vote, but exert an even more reliable form of power through entrenching themselves in the political process via campaign contributions. Since the Citizens United ruling, they have even more power to expand the reach of their messages through PACs.

Hate to break it to you bud but the founders were extremely liberal by the standards of their time.

I get that you really, really. really want a one party state like in those various far right tinpot regimes you lot love so much, but it isn’t going to happen.

Sadly there are few actual liberals around in the modern era.

Wow, that's pretty good. He lost me at James972... :lol: After that, I knew how the rest would go.

Funny how these alt-right guys are hard core CONSTITUTION 4 LIFE!!!.....except for the bits they don't like, those they'll change, AND, for extra credit, they'll blame liberals and mention communism... :lamo

what do they want to change?? You clean forgot to say???

Corporations are not dependent on welfare, but actively lobby the government to enact legislation in their favor

Legislation in their favor is far far far from asking to be supported 100%. 1+1=2

, but actively lobby the government to enact legislation in their favor.
Let us know when its in favor enough to support them 100% without them having to gift to us the best jobs and products in the world just to survive.

Let us know when its in favor enough to support them 100% without them having to gift to us the best jobs and products in the world just to survive.

They're doing more than just surviving. You keep making this statement as if corporations are barely getting by; that is not based on reality.

You have to admit; it's pretty funny talking about freedom from one side of your mouth then claiming to make another political ideology illegal. You would think an advocate for "freedom" would want ideas to win on their merit.

You have to admit; it's pretty funny talking about freedom from one side of your mouth then claiming to make another political ideology illegal. You would think an advocate for "freedom" would want ideas to win on their merit.

The version of the constitution they support is the one that agrees with their particular vision, nothing else should count. My opinion is that the people should decide as much as possible under the watchful eye of the courts. If the people make a mistake, they can correct it. But as long as the people do not believe that they have a say in government, they will turn to cynicism and apathy or in the case of Trump supporters, rage and cruelty. It is unclear to me what enrages these people since a new outrage is created every news cycle. Trump got them very enraged about Mexicans, out of no where really, and now it seems as if Mexicans or asylum seekers are the latest version of Jew or Pole or Irish or Chinese. Most of us just want our government to work for the benefit of us all, in as equal a fashion as possible and for the benefit of humanity worldwide. While our nation has zig zagged on this over the decades, by and large we trend towards the right thing. But now the right thing is being challenged. What we used to think was right is now wrong in the eyes of these millions. They cannot win except for cheating or throwing out tradition so they are now acting aggressively against democracy in all forms. It is not enough that they win, they must demonize at the same time. This is what forms the basis for the reaction to Trump and this Congress. Most Americans are simply not that mean, cruel or nasty.

It's actually conflict of interest for the poor to be voting since they are merely voting for money (democracy as theft) in their pockets rather than for the commonweal. This points to what turns out to be the biggest weakness of the Constitution. It has no conceptual arguments. It should say, for example, you have to be 35 years old to be president and to vote to insure you have enough wisdom and experience. Similarly, the 10th Amendment should clearly say liberal central govt is illegal in America because monopolistic liberal central govt has been the source of evil in human history. Without conceptual arguments the Constitution has little meaning.Liberals can turn it into a living communist Constitution. If the concept of the 10th Amendment had been as clear as the percept of the Second Amendment America would be sitting pretty today instead of staring down the barrel of Sanders, Warren, Waters, Booker, Ocasio-Cortez communist gun.

The wicked servants of the devil have been aggressively twisting the Constitution into a knot in support of evil and in condemnation of good.

Back
Top Bottom