• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The silver lining...

I'm talking to myself with this post...

What if I hadn't found out about Tom and Marta? Or what if I had ignored it? If I had changed nothing, Tom would have inherited just over $500,000.

I'mfairly certain now that all of this nonsense over the last three months was very carefully planned. Once I found out, that is. When I first confronted him in March, his first words were, "It wasn't supposed to happen like this." No, I suppose it wasn't. Because I wasn't supposed to find out, and Tom was supposed to stay with me and inherit $500K.

After we weathered that storm with Tom's faithful promises of, "Never again. I sure ****ed up'" the next few months were fairly smooth because, I think, Marta encouraged him to stay away, from her, stay with me, and wait. Except he couldn't. And I think they both thought they could outsmart me. But they did not.

he knew I had taken his name off everything except the hous...$200K probably... but still...

When last Friday's debacle happened, when I caught them again, TOM knew he was screwed. He'd never seen me so angry and out of control. The week that separated us until this latest contact, by me, was probably spent by Tom, at least, realizing that the REST of the inheritance, my house, was most likely gone too.

But when I called? They both thought maybe Tom could salvage it. So when we met this past Saturday, Tom steered the conversation to our mutual atty, and since I don't lie, I told him the truth. I'd taken him off the house trust.

Had our "talk" to patch things up been legitimate on his part, and we'd GOTTEN back together, there's little doubt in my mind that I would have reinstated his name on the trust. I love(d) him after all.

But he ****ed up. "Well, if I'm not inheriting your house, there's no reason for me to be here." Obviously our seemingly happy seventeen YEARS together wasn't a reason. Lordy.

I went into the bathroom and got sick. When I came out, Tom said, "Forget what I said. Let's talk. I shouldn't have said that." But it was op late. That was a bell that couldn't be unrung.

When I called Marta to be sure I could drop him back off at her house, that she'd let him in, I told her the truth.

"Before you and Tom cheated, Tom would have inherited $500,000 from me. When I found out you'd been together for eight months, if that's even true, I cancelled everything but the house which is probably worth $200K. Because of this past week, I let Tom know I'd already removed his name from the house, and he would get nothing. She hung up on me.

When I dropped him off, she came out of the house pissed. There's more to it, but the last thing she said to me after Tom had pulled his garbage bag luggage out of my car was something like, "If you THINK that Tom is going to babysit you, take care of you when you're sick and dying, walk your dog, take care of your cats, cut your lawn and NOT inherit your house, there's something wrong with you. You'd better put his name back."

That last encounter tells me they had a Plan A that turned to Plan B that turned to **** because Tom is not as devious as Marta and said what was on his mind INSTEAD OF . . .

"I don't blame you. I'm hoping and praying I can earn your trust again, but I understand." Had he said that? In all likelihood he would have inherited the house.

As my first sentence says, I'm talking to myself. This line of thinking gives me strength. And now, because I think I know the REAL truth, people I love who love me will get a bit more when I die than before.

And Tom can look back and wonder if it was worth it. And Marta will wonder if she hitched her wagon to a star or a black hole.

You have taken a giant step towards healing young lady. That makes me smile.

Take another each day and soon this will be far behind you.

God Bless you Maggie! From where I sit, you clearly hit the ball out of the park! Keep in mind, lots of people overcome cancer. Either way, you now move forward having definitively addressed one of your most daunting dilemmas.
I choose to believe none of us escape our karma. I make a conscious effort to keep as much of myself in "the now" as I can. Yesterday was history, tomorrow a mystery. Today is a Gift. That's why we call it "the Present". Sick or not, we who root for you and have followed your story know you have lessened your baggage. If you could see our smiles, it just might help sustain you a bit. Feel some Love! May our Best Times lie ahead!

I have no comment, just support.

I wish you peace.

I offer you my support Maggie
Something like this should not have happened to a good person like you. I hope you have some people to be able to offer some emotional support

Maggie, they say living well is the revenge so I truly hope you overcome this and are able to move on. Any help you need in doing that, I'm here.

Maggie, you go girl! Any time you need support and love, we are all here for you.

At this point in time it looks as though you played it perfectly.

I'm deeply saddened that you had to go through this hell, but as I said, in the end it looks like you did exactly the right thing.

As others have said, be strong - we are here for you.

It sounds to me as though you might be a very courageous youg lady. You're fun.

Go and surround yourself with love, Maggie. You deserve it.

Proverbs 26 (NIV)

1 Like snow in summer or rain in harvest,
honor is not fitting for a fool.

2 Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow,
an undeserved curse does not come to rest.

3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey,
and a rod for the backs of fools!

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
or you yourself will be just like him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.

6 Sending a message by the hands of a fool
is like cutting off one’s feet or drinking poison.

7 Like the useless legs of one who is lame
is a proverb in the mouth of a fool.

8 Like tying a stone in a sling
is the giving of honor to a fool.

9 Like a thornbush in a drunkard’s hand
is a proverb in the mouth of a fool.

10 Like an archer who wounds at random
is one who hires a fool or any passer-by.

11 As a dog returns to its vomit,
so fools repeat their folly.

12 Do you see a person wise in their own eyes?
There is more hope for a fool than for them.

18 Like a maniac shooting
flaming arrows of death

19 is one who deceives their neighbor
and says, “I was only joking!”

23 Like a coating of silver dross on earthenware
are fervent lips with an evil heart.

24 Enemies disguise themselves with their lips,
but in their hearts they harbor deceit.

25 Though their speech is charming, do not believe them,
for seven abominations fill their hearts.

26 Their malice may be concealed by deception,
but their wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.

27 Whoever digs a pit will fall into it;
if someone rolls a stone, it will roll back on them.

28 A lying tongue hates those it hurts,
and a flattering mouth works ruin

It looks like Tom and Marta have discovered the truth of v 27, as well as maybe a few others.

I'm so sorry you had to :( That you are the victim, the collateral damage, of their evil :(. But I love you, and you are stronger than this.

And the Warrior whispered back, "I am the storm."

Love is your armor, your sword and your shield. Stand fast!

Back
Top Bottom