• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The shameless revisionism of the Capitol attack cannot be allowed to take root

It sucks when your narrative starts to fall, doesn't it?

Seems the courts aren't buying the DOJ bullshit that is fed by the left wing media.

Oh well...

1.) Revolt is part of the definition of insurrection, which is why insurrection is not the appropriate term.
2.) It was a protest.
3.) It was an illegal protest
4.) which involved criminal trespass
5.) but there is no way to stretch the term insurrection to fit.
6.) Insurrection is not factual, but using the term is definitely drama queen worthy. You go, girl.

1.) nope, its not needed but even if it was needed that definition is factually met too, so it doesnt matter, hence why insurrection is appropriate here
2.) yep part of it was
3.) yep that too
4.) among other things yep
5.) except facts and definitions say it does
6.) again see #5
7.) nope just factual no matter how much you stomp your feet lie and say nuh huh 😂
These facts wont change based on your feelings, facts dont care about your feelings or mine and the fact is insurrection is 100% appropriate, let me know if theres any other mistakes I can help you with. you're welcome!

Insurrection
Oxford
A violent uprising against an authority or government.

Websters
an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Macmillian
an attempt by a large group of people to take control of their country by force

Revolt

Oxford
Refuse to acknowledge someone or something as having authority.

Webster
to renounce allegiance or subjection (as to a government)

Macmillian
to say that you will not accept someone’s authority or leadership

19AMBRIEFING-Lede4-articleLarge.jpg

And the sad truth is that Republicans DO NOT want an honest accounting of the events leading up to and including the Trump Insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6th.

We all know what we all saw. The Republican's are terrified of the unvarnished January 6 truth because many of them were simpatico with Trump's attempt to overturn the 2020 election via violence at the Capitol.
It wasn't an armed insurrection. No firearms were taken from those arrested, adn the only person killed was by Capital police security. Those who stormed the capital didn't have the means to overthrow the government. The current security measures are unnecessary adn are only for a propaganda message that the demcorats want to sell to the public.

1.) nope, its not needed but even if it was needed that definition is factually met too, so it doesnt matter, hence why insurrection is appropriate here
2.) yep part of it was
3.) yep that too
4.) among other things yep
5.) except facts and definitions say it does
6.) again see #5
7.) nope just factual no matter how much you stomp your feet lie and say nuh huh 😂
These facts wont change based on your feelings, facts dont care about your feelings or mine and the fact is insurrection is 100% appropriate, let me know if theres any other mistakes I can help you with. you're welcome!

Insurrection
Oxford
A violent uprising against an authority or government.

Websters
an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Macmillian
an attempt by a large group of people to take control of their country by force

Revolt
Oxford
Refuse to acknowledge someone or something as having authority.

Webster
to renounce allegiance or subjection (as to a government)

Macmillian
to say that you will not accept someone’s authority or leadership
You're funny guy. This is hilarious.

Violent, force, revolt are words in your own definitions. It's what is missing from the 6 January protests. They were unarmed. They did not try to overthrow the government. it was not an insurrection. Still you are missing the point.

Everyone knows that it was not violent, that the deaths were coincidental. One was the police shooting an unarmed, non-resisting woman. There have never been charges in the death of Office Sicknick. It's so overstated that the characterization is a cliché, eg storm in a teapot, a mountain from a molehill, much ado about nothing. That is the fact you cannot evade.

19AMBRIEFING-Lede4-articleLarge.jpg

And the sad truth is that Republicans DO NOT want an honest accounting of the events leading up to and including the Trump Insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6th.

We all know what we all saw. The Republican's are terrified of the unvarnished January 6 truth because many of them were simpatico with Trump's attempt to overturn the 2020 election via violence at the Capitol.
3 months? Most forget keg parties (mostly peaceful but got out of hand) with togas optional soon as the hangover is slept off.

The single greatest weapon that tyrants have over their evil history is covering it up.

We must never forget 1/06/2021, the day we came very close to losing our democracy. We must never let the fascists silence the truth.
Amen!

1.) You're funny guy. This is hilarious.
2.) Violent, force, revolt are words in your own definitions. It's what is missing from the 6 January protests. They were unarmed. They did not try to overthrow the government. it was not an insurrection. Still you are missing the point.

Everyone knows that it was not violent, that the deaths were coincidental. One was the police shooting an unarmed, non-resisting woman. There have never been charges in the death of Office Sicknick. It's so overstated that the characterization is a cliché, eg storm in a teapot, a mountain from a molehill, much ado about nothing. That is the fact you cannot evade.

1.) I know :)
2.) thanks for sharing your feelings on the matter but its meaningless to the facts that have already been provided. Facts already prove it was an insurrection by definition. You crying otherwise wont change that fact. If it bothers you maybe write the dictionary companies and tell them YOU disagree 😂

Fact remains by definition it was an insurrection, let us know when that fact changes 🤷‍♂️
🍿

What happened on the sixth was that patriots engaged in a mostly peaceful protest against their government, only to be gunned down in cold blood.
Judging by your post, you have become totally detached from reality.

Aren't weapons normally required for an insurrection? Flagpoles don't really count.

Leftwingers are actually starting to believe their own made-up nonsense.
Do you have a dictionary which describes weapons as being necessary for insurrection? Do you have another that says a flagpole can't be a weapon?
Not to mention the tasers, chemical spray, and other items used to bludgeon police. You trumptards are just grasping for any straw to legitimize your actions
on 1/6/21. Sorry, it ain't working.

Revolt is part of the definition of insurrection, which is why insurrection is not the appropriate term.

Stopping the legitimate certification of the vote is a revolt.
It also happens to be the root definition of "insurrection" because they had nothing to protest, as the vote certification was the legitimate business of the people as carried out by Congress.
You can't just say that you protest the legitimate business of Congress by stopping same, because the attempt at stoppage is not by definition a protest.

Stoppage is insurrection in situ, in the very place where an insurrection is most directly carried out.
And the fact that they entered by force is what separates it from protest.

Furthermore, if it had happened PRIOR to the election, it COULD HAVE BEEN interpreted as a protest...a violent one but a protest without a doubt.
But the fact that it happened AFTER the election narrows down the possible objectives and targets.
These weren’t campaign speeches.
Before the election? “FIGHT!!” meant vote.
“Stand up to those that would put you down!
Fight!” Means go to the polls.
All rhetoric had plausible deniability...
After the election? You’re inciting people to... what?
There’s literally nothing else for them to do.
It’s a call to action with literally no other end game.

What happened on the sixth was that patriots engaged in a mostly peaceful protest against their government, only to be gunned down in cold blood.
Your denials mean nothing. History is already correctly recording otherwise.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. The facts say it was not an insurrection, no matter how far you stretch the definition.

Calling it insurrection may well be projection. you would have to ask yourself about that.
An attempted insurrection or a mob of deluded traitors, take your pick. Either way, Trump and his followers betrayed their own country by attacking the Houses of Congress in a treasonous attempt to stop/interfere with elected officials carrying out their Constitutional duty.

I take it you mean the unarmed, unresisting woman shot by the cop.
Flat out disgraceful lie.

Babbitt was responsible for her own death. The sympathy in that event belongs with officer forced to kill her.

I never supported the illegal trespass of the Capital building on 6 January. It's even a federal offense. Those who did it should be charged and tried.

I simply object to you making it into something it is not. One thing it is not is an insurrection.

If it's not then none of you should hesitate to show up again, and maybe even try to up the ante.

If the Vice-President and the Speaker of the House would have been killed, Trump would still be President.
No, he wouldn’t.

No way, after Trump sent the mob to the Capital Building, would Americans stand by and allow him to remain in office. Not for another day.

I don't know why some folk keep trying to insist it wasn't 'insurrection' (presumably on the grounds, as argued by Trump's lawyers, that those directly involved had no clear transition plan)... when the next most obvious description therefore would be 'terrorism.' Maybe that's a better word?
I heard somewhere that in our country there is no such thing as a charge of domestic terrorism. That's why a lot of these insurrectionists are being charged with nothing more serious than trespass.
Sounds crazy to me, but none are being charged with insurrection, that I've heard, although that is certainly what the intent was.

Maybe it has to be better organized? I don't know.

It wasn't an armed insurrection. No firearms were taken from those arrested, adn the only person killed was by Capital police security. Those who stormed the capital didn't have the means to overthrow the government. The current security measures are unnecessary adn are only for a propaganda message that the demcorats want to sell to the public.
Tell that to Billy Evans' daughters.

Interesting how many cultist seem to be unaware that firearms are a relatively new invention, and war and killing have been around since the beginning of human tribes.

There were many, many weapons, but mostly damning is you don't show up to a peaceful protest in body armor and a bullet proof vest.
And why did they all have bear spray?!?
When is the last documented bear attack in DC.???

History books around the world will assure it does not.
But history books are now a fairly ineffective tool. A single reader at a time interacts with a history book.

The Internet is the single most effective Information Warfare tool ever invented. It is no better than a decent information source but it is a fantastic information warfare tool. The most prolific "Researchers" on the Internet are not researchers mining facts. They are Information Warfare Researchers mining minds. The entire Qanon phenomenon is simply a major example of Internet based Information Warfare.

I do not have a good answer to the question of combating the Information Warfare Researchers on their turf. For one thing, I am not convinced that they are as caring about the results of their mind meddling as they are about the fact of their mind meddling, about the cataloging of the tools they use and the number of minds mined. Do they really care about blood sucking pedophiles running white slavery operations out of the basements of pizza parlors or do they care about building tools that allow them to convince idle minds of the existence of such operations led by a particular political party?

At any rate, we better come up with an answer and soon or we will be shuffling through the rubble of our on country and our own Republic and it won't have been caused by people with an actual political agenda but by people conducting research into how many minds they can mine and how many bodies attached to those minds they can drive to some sort of action.

Your denials mean nothing. History is already correctly recording otherwise.
If you mean that it was not an insurrection, you are correct. If history had recorded otherwise, there would be no thread.

An attempted insurrection or a mob of deluded traitors, take your pick. Either way, Trump and his followers betrayed their own country by attacking the Houses of Congress in a treasonous attempt to stop/interfere with elected officials carrying out their Constitutional duty.
Flat out disgraceful lie.

Babbitt was responsible for her own death. The sympathy in that event belongs with officer forced to kill her.
No, he wouldn’t.

No way, after Trump sent the mob to the Capital Building, would Americans stand by and allow him to remain in office. Not for another day.
You do go on. Your problem is that there simply was not enough violence to keep maintaining the pretense.

If it's not then none of you should hesitate to show up again, and maybe even try to up the ante.
Now you are offering violence. There is an asymmetry there.

You accuse of what you do, even where the other side is not doing it. The technical term is projection.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. The facts say it was not an insurrection, no matter how far you stretch the definition.

Calling it insurrection may well be projection. you would have to ask yourself about that.
The feds have text messages and phone calls between organizers referring to it as an insurrection. You are attempting to defend a losing cause. As always with all Trump supporters, you won't believe your own God given eyes. Good luck with that when some of the sentences start coming down. There is what you believe, and then there's reality.

Last edited:
If a baseball bat is used to kill someone, one would say that a deadly weapon was used. They were armed with many deadly weapons.

The feds have text messages and phone calls between organizers referring to it as an insurrection. You are attempting to defend a losing cause. As always with all Trump supporters, you won't believe your own God given eyes. Good luck with that when some of the sentences start coming down. There is what you believe, and then there's reality.
Imagine that, it was an organized protest.

That's all it was.

5 dead and 140 police officers wounded is not anyone's definition of peaceful.

Except your cockneyed definition.

Now you are offering violence. There is an asymmetry there.
You accuse of what you do, even where the other side is not doing it. The technical term is projection.

I'm not stupid enough to try to storm the Capitol, so the notion that I am offering violence is absurd.
Why would I do anything of the kind, in response to an election that I feel was a victory?
You clearly stated your support for the insurrection by arguing it was just a peaceful protest, and we all know your political proclivities, thus I simply mounted a challenge. If you don't wish to support a revisit to the Capitol and decline to offer to go yourself, then your patriotism is false, and your courage is as phony as a scholarship to Trump University.
Try not to use p-words when you don't actually understand their meaning.

Back
Top Bottom