• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The seriously deluded state of many Americans

Thanks Kelzie ;) Incidently Bush didn't get a majority of the population vote for him. Most if America want him gone but that's democracy. What IS NOT democracy is when Kissinger & Nixon & the CIA engineer a coup to overthrow someone that's elected.
How would you feel if Bush was overthrown by a coup backed by a foreign country. Again Deegan you simply show how true my points 1) to 6) are.
Incidently your debating skills are about as skillful as a wrestler tough talking & trying to ball their opponent out.
Why can't you guys just admit these things were wrong. I'm prepared to admit the UK has done wrong in the past.

Kelzie said:
Do your own research. Allende's percentage might have been within the margin of errors compared to the next closest candidate (Jorje Alessandri), but was almost ten percentage points away from the next candidate. According to Chile's law, when none of the candidate win a majority, the senate chooses the president. Ours is not the only correct way to set up a democracy. And it's more fair to say that the majority of the wealthy population wanted him gone. The lower classes were the ones who held the pro-Allende rallies.[/QUOTE

Thats not at all true. 36.2% vs 34.9%. Thats a 1.3% difference. So again, do your research. Here's my source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Allende
Oh and by the way..inflation rose 140% which means that the price of food was extremely high which means that the poor would not be happy about his leadership. Oh and I don't think that when the Chilean Congress elected him ,and they didn't chose him out of their own opinion they chose him because the law says that they have to chose the candidate with the highest percentage regardless of the margin of error, I doubt they knew they were electing a communist and a man who would dissolve them. Where's your source?

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Kelzie said:
Do your own research. Allende's percentage might have been within the margin of errors compared to the next closest candidate (Jorje Alessandri), but was almost ten percentage points away from the next candidate. According to Chile's law, when none of the candidate win a majority, the senate chooses the president. Ours is not the only correct way to set up a democracy. And it's more fair to say that the majority of the wealthy population wanted him gone. The lower classes were the ones who held the pro-Allende rallies.[/QUOTE

Thats not at all true. 36.2% vs 34.9%. Thats a 1.3% difference. So again, do your research. Here's my source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Allende
Oh and by the way..inflation rose 140% which means that the price of food was extremely high which means that the poor would not be happy about his leadership. Oh and I don't think that when the Chilean Congress elected him ,and they didn't chose him out of their own opinion they chose him because the law says that they have to chose the candidate with the highest percentage regardless of the margin of error, I doubt they knew they were electing a communist and a man who would dissolve them. Where's your source?
No doubt when he tried to break away from the slave like conditions on offer from US multi national corps the economy would go through a rough patch. Never got a chance to find a new equilibrium though becuase he wound up dead... as good as murdered by the CIA, yet you pick on the size of his majority & whether or not he was democratically elected.. unbelievable !
He sure as hell was undemocratically got rid of by the CIA & your fascist ally Pinochet.
Once again you reinforce the validity of points 1) to 7)

Last edited:
robin said:
No doubt when he tried to break away from the slave like conditions on offer from US multi national corps the economy would go through a rough patch. Never got a chance to find a new equilibrium though becuase he wound up dead... as good as murdered by the CIA, yet you pick on the size of his majority & whether or not he was democratically elected.. unbelievable !
He sure as hell was undemocratically got rid of by the CIA & your fascist ally Pinochet.
Once again you reinforce the validity of points 1) to 7)

YOU are the one who insisted pointing out he WAS democratically ellected and loved by his people which are BOTH UTTERLY UNTRUE. As if the British government has never assasinated anyone. I remember a man by the name of Napoleon who was given a lethal dose of MERCURY 600mg to be precise. Talk about wrongfully overthowing a world leader and murdering him. HA! This takes the cake.

robin said:
YOU are the one who insisted pointing out he WAS democratically ellected and loved by his people which are BOTH UTTERLY UNTRUE. As if the British government has never assasinated anyone. I remember a man by the name of Napoleon who was given a lethal dose of MERCURY 600mg to be precise. Talk about wrongfully overthowing a world leader and murdering him. HA! This takes the cake.

I'd like to add to what I said above...you shouldnt be trying to demonize America..you'll only implicate your own country in it's past dealings in assasinations and deposements. After all we learned it from you. :smile:

I'd like to add to what I said above...you shouldnt be trying to demonize America..you'll only implicate your own country in it's past dealings in assasinations and deposements. After all we learned it from you. :smile:

I'm going to add something...what about what Britain did to the palestinians?

every country has done its share of bad things... I just hate when people don't like admitting that the US has done it too....especially when they try to justify US actions by saying that they were right at the time. I hate it even more when conservatives say that only the liberals did stupid things in the past, or the liberals say that conservatives fuuck everything up. This applies to the people of every country who act in such a way.

US has done its share of bad things, some very hypocritical. Every country in the world always acts according to its own interests, almost nothing else.

nkgupta80 said:
every country has done its share of bad things... I just hate when people don't like admitting that the US has done it too....especially when they try to justify US actions by saying that they were right at the time. I hate it even more when conservatives say that only the liberals did stupid things in the past, or the liberals say that conservatives fuuck everything up. This applies to the people of every country who act in such a way.

US has done its share of bad things, some very hypocritical. Every country in the world always acts according to its own interests, almost nothing else.

I agree however I loathe it when someone lectures us and says well you did this this and this even though their country did the exact same thing and worse.

Americans have a perfect opportunity to prove that current world opinion of them is wrong. However, instead of impeaching Bush and Chaney, firing Rumsfield, pulling the troops out of Iraq, we carry on this delusional state being championed by the neo's that we are the greatest country on earth and there is nothing we do that should be considered unjustified. We need to throw these neo's out of office at the mid-term elections next year. Their policies are creating world-wide hatred of the US. Which is making it more dangerous for Americans. As well as for people of any nation. We have to stop thinking in terms of "Us" and "Them". The only place those words belong, is on a Pink Floyd album.

We are all human beings. Part of the human race. Which lives on planet earth. Which is going to become un-live-able sooner than we would like to think, if we keep going the way we are.

My fellow Americans, need I remind you that atrocities are being committed in our names. We cannot turn a deaf ear to the objections of the rest of the world. The neo's do this because they're FOS. Many more Americans (on both sides of the political spectrum) do it out of arrogance and narcissism. Others because they just don't care.

Acting like we do not commit atrocities just avoids the inevitable. The best way we can prove to the world how great our nation is, is to impeach the President and treat the upcoming elections as a call to duty. Everyone over the age of 18 needs to register to vote.......and go vote! In addition, you need to find out who your Representatives are. Mine are Dana Rhoerbaucker, Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. I have written them all letters expressing my Constitutionally guaranteed views on the government.

Whether you are Republican, Democrat, Liberatarian, Green, or anything inbetween, Democracy will not work without a well informed republic. When we do not participate in the political process, or educate ourselves on the issues, we get un-Constitutional legislation like the Patriot Act. Immoral and illegal wars like Iraq. Irrational wars like the one on Terror (you cannot have a war with an ideology). And liars in the White House like Bush and Chaney.

We deserve better than this if we could only start acting like it. Right now, we got the government we deserve. Its on us people. Deal with it.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=1849

bushobey4lo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom