• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The senate prepares for immigration bill cloture vote

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Is the US Senate poised to vote for cloture on the Immigration Bill?
Yup.
Has any Senator read the Bill?
Nope.
Does the Bill give Janet Napolitano ultimate discretion as to who can stay, go, or can be admitted?
Yup.
Is this whole process yet another abomination and fraudulent exercise perpetrated on US citizens.
You bet.
Is the House really prepared to stop it?
?????????????????

Democrats to Shut Off Debate On a Bill No One Has Read | Power Line

I have always beleived the Repubs wanted the immigrants to keep downward pressure on wages. According to Rush it is the Democrats that have teamed with buisness, not the republicans. Seems to me like the Republicans look at reality, but in a mirror or something.

I have always beleived the Repubs wanted the immigrants to keep downward pressure on wages. According to Rush it is the Democrats that have teamed with buisness, not the republicans. Seems to me like the Republicans look at reality, but in a mirror or something.

Acting like this

... instead of showing a spine and you see that too many of the Pubs have that problem (think John McCain).

They never learn that sometimes you can't have both and they get taken easily ... like with this immigration bill.

I mean ... you know if Charlie Rangel would say ...
” I think their refusal to, or reluctance to, endorse an immigration bill that’s good for this great country of ours is going to be the last nail in the coffin of the Republican Party and that would be unfortunate.”
then there oughta be a warning sign about the heavy flying bullcrap area.

Is the US Senate poised to vote for cloture on the Immigration Bill?
Yup.
Has any Senator read the Bill?
Nope.
Does the Bill give Janet Napolitano ultimate discretion as to who can stay, go, or can be admitted?
Yup.
Is this whole process yet another abomination and fraudulent exercise perpetrated on US citizens.
You bet.
Is the House really prepared to stop it?
?????????????????

Democrats to Shut Off Debate On a Bill No One Has Read | Power Line

Good morning, Bubba. :2wave:

Has Dingy Harry completely descended into senility? This is another Obamacare fiasco being ramrodded down our throats, and we know how well that went over! The House must hold the line, since it has a responsibility to slow things down, or stop them. Of course, if they do stop this abomination, they will be blamed as being unsympathetic to illegal immigrants, which is as it should be...the word illegal being the important one. How can the libs be so arrogant, and uncaring of those immigrants who are following the law in their quest to become legal citizens of this country? This is disgraceful, and we are becoming the laughing-stock of the world! :thumbdown:

Ya know Pol, I think Harry and the rest know exactly what they're doing. Ideologically driven, their intention is to promote a big government state. As long as they can imbed their changes such that it's too hard to back them out they're willing to look like tyrants to whoever is actually paying attention ... because not enough citizens are.

Now get this ...

" The original Gang bill ended with a section designated Title IV, which was headlined REFORMS TO NON-IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAMS. The Hoeven-Corker version of the bill added a Title V, with the headline JOBS FOR YOUTH. The measure would provide $1.5 billion in the next two years to provide jobs for Americans between the ages of 16 and 24. It was originally pushed by Democratic Sen. Bernard Sanders, who wanted to come to the aid of young workers who were “hard hit by the Wall Street-caused recession.” Now, Sanders says immigration reform will further damage youth job prospects. "
"So how to make him happy, or at least less unhappy, with the legislation? Allow him to put in a few features of his own. A press release from Sanders’ office put it this way: “Sanders had argued that helping unemployed American young people was the least Congress should do in a bill that allows college students from around the world to take jobs that young Americans would otherwise perform.” "

New amendment adds jobs bill to Gang of Eight immigration plan | WashingtonExaminer.com

Ya know Pol, I think Harry and the rest know exactly what they're doing. Ideologically driven, their intention is to promote a big government state. As long as they can imbed their changes such that it's too hard to back them out they're willing to look like tyrants to whoever is actually paying attention ... because not enough citizens are.

Now get this ...

" The original Gang bill ended with a section designated Title IV, which was headlined REFORMS TO NON-IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAMS. The Hoeven-Corker version of the bill added a Title V, with the headline JOBS FOR YOUTH. The measure would provide $1.5 billion in the next two years to provide jobs for Americans between the ages of 16 and 24. It was originally pushed by Democratic Sen. Bernard Sanders, who wanted to come to the aid of young workers who were “hard hit by the Wall Street-caused recession.” Now, Sanders says immigration reform will further damage youth job prospects. "
"So how to make him happy, or at least less unhappy, with the legislation? Allow him to put in a few features of his own. A press release from Sanders’ office put it this way: “Sanders had argued that helping unemployed American young people was the least Congress should do in a bill that allows college students from around the world to take jobs that young Americans would otherwise perform.” "

New amendment adds jobs bill to Gang of Eight immigration plan | WashingtonExaminer.com

Exactly what kind of jobs will the requested $2 billion provide for 16 to 24 year old people that the marketplace is not providing? Does this mean that the government itself is going to somehow create these jobs? I don't know what percentage of that group might already have college loans to pay back, for instance, but if money for salaries is the only thing standing in the way, why has it not already been done? How can a law mandate that jobs will be available for certain age groups? Talk about Utopian nonsense!

And, as always, I have to ask what happens to the jobs when the $2 billion is all used up? They're out of a job again? That's what usually happens. This is total :bs: IMO! At what point will this feel-good game playing and pandering ever end? Will our growing deficit put an end to this lack of good sense that is being shown in DC? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom