• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Second Amendment ONLY applies to Americans in the military (full-time or reserves)

Look at the braggadocio……yet again 😆
It seems to really trigger those with self esteem issues. It's amazing how when people support your posts you still attack them

It seems to really trigger those with self esteem issues. It's amazing how when people support your posts you still attack them
Only the assholes
You post stupid shit and I’ll call you on it

they aren't unevidenced and your own testimony proves I am correct.
Show the testimony/quotes then instead of just heckling. 'Till then, you're wrong.
You really aren't a gun owner and you are hostile to gun rights
Believe whatever you like, just like I believe that you are neither a lawyer nor a teacher. ;)

Show the testimony/quotes then instead of just heckling. 'Till then, you're wrong.

Believe whatever you like, just like I believe that you are neither a lawyer nor a teacher. ;)

Have you ever seen @TurtleDude present any proof for his oft repeated positive claim " Liberals support violent criminals"?

well people know I am an attorney on this board-including a few who usually disagree with me. But owning a black powder pistol and a war trophy and claiming to be a gun owner is akin to owning a couple guinea pigs and claiming you are a rancher

Only the assholes
You post stupid shit and I’ll call you on it
you attack and pick fights with posts/posters who are not attacking you. example, I suggested some really good parts for an AR 15 build-parts that top competition shooters use and you were insulting

Diverting with another rhetorical question instead of answering the one put to you. Doesn't say much for how well you think your arguments are holding up! ;)

How many lives have been/will be lost because of your financial support of the firearms industry? Into whose hands will that 'collection' of yours fall into after you're gone? Will you have the willpower to have them destroyed before that time comes, as a precaution against further contributions to the gun violence problem?

Back to the original unanswered question, "Where do you fall on that bell curve (of hypocrisy)?"
How many lives have been lost because of your financial contributions to the transportation industry? Have the goalposts been moved to "support the industry" because "gun ownership" has become inconvenient for now?

You're usually pretty good at pointing. Why don't you point out my hypocrisy, instead of arrogantly demanding I show you some?

well people know I am an attorney on this board-including a few who usually disagree with me. But owning a black powder pistol and a war trophy and claiming to be a gun owner is akin to owning a couple guinea pigs and claiming you are a rancher
I disagree. The ownership of even one gun, factually makes a person a gun owner.

I recall another poster who used to rail about "weapons of war" having no place in society, but also told of his ownership of an M1 carbine and a 1911 pistol.

I disagree. The ownership of even one gun, factually makes a person a gun owner.

I recall another poster who used to rail about "weapons of war" having no place in society, but also told of his ownership of an M1 carbine and a 1911 pistol.
your point has merit but I think you understand what I am saying. There are logs of gun banners who inherited a firearm and brag about being a gun owner as if it bolsters their position. It is akin to the "Seminar posters" we used to see who would start letters to the local papers with

"I am a gun owner BUT" or "I voted for W or Trump" but

Ben and Jerry used to tell their minions to do this

your point has merit but I think you understand what I am saying. There are logs of gun banners who inherited a firearm and brag about being a gun owner as if it bolsters their position. It is akin to the "Seminar posters" we used to see who would start letters to the local papers with

"I am a gun owner BUT" or "I voted for W or Trump" but

Ben and Jerry used to tell their minions to do this
Yet is you, and you alone, who is the one in this GCF sub-forum, who admitted yesterday that you acted irresponsibly with a loaded firearm, when you pulled a loaded shotgun on some people partying on vacant property. Have you ever seen any other members here at DP admit to brandishing a loaded firearm irresponsibly?

you attack and pick fights with posts/posters who are not attacking you. example, I suggested some really good parts for an AR 15 build-parts that top competition shooters use and you were insulting
Poor baby.
I commented that where excessively priced
Get over yourself

Poor baby.
I commented that where excessively priced
Get over yourself
normal people would say "thanks but that's out of my price range" rather than posting the nonsense you did.

normal people would say "thanks but that's out of my price range" rather than posting the nonsense you did.
Boo hoo hoo. It’s always about you.

what relevance is that? I also have been on this forum-and continuously active-longer than all but about 3-4 posters.

That's my whole point.
You have 279k posts arguing with random people on the internet, you can't really start having a go at others about self-esteem problems.

That's my whole point.
You have 279k posts arguing with random people on the internet, you can't really start having a go at others about self-esteem problems.
why don't you tell us what that means-are you saying your almost 5000 posts are about a self esteem issue?

2'nd Amendment
'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'

So...what exactly is 'A well regulated Militia'?

The Militia Act of 1903

'The first section reiterates the law of 1793, that the militia shall consist of every able-bodied citizen between eighteen and forty-five, and divides the militia into two classes — the organized militia or National Guard, and the unorganized or reserve militia.
The third section defines the " organized militia " as the regu- larly enlisted, organized, and uniformed militia which shall here- after participate in the annual militia appropriation (heretofore only one million a year). It gives the President authority to fix the minimum number of enlisted men in each company.'

So...there are two kinds of militia - according to US law.
The organized and the unorganized.

And since the 2'nd Amendment refers SOLELY to
'a well regulated Militia'?
Than, the 2'nd Amendment cannot POSSIBLY include the 'unorganized militia'.
It is not possible for a 'well regulated Militia' to be 'unorganized'.

And since the ONLY organized militia refers ONLY to the military?
The 2'nd Amendment does NOT include ANYONE whom is not in the military.
By law.
Yeah.....this 3rd grade argument has been beaten into a greasy spot for decades.
Got anything new and original?
This bores me.

Yeah, If I knew what I did at 17 what I did at 25 I would have done something different.
What did you know at 25 you didn't know at 17 that would have motivated you to have "done something different"? What, specifically, would you have done "differently"?

why don't you tell us what that means-are you saying your almost 5000 posts are about a self esteem issue?
Jesus but you need to read and comprehend
Unbelievable

what exactly is your issue?
You
For someone who claims to be learned, you ignore the truth of written English to twist the obvious meaning to your viewpoint in order to facilitate your attack
Absolutely pathetic

You
For someone who claims to be learned, you ignore the truth of written English to twist the obvious meaning to your viewpoint in order to facilitate your attack
Absolutely pathetic
you fly off the handle at stuff I post, even when I am trying to support a post you have made. You no longer post based on what I said, but post based upon the fact I said it

you fly off the handle at stuff I post, even when I am trying to support a post you have made. You no longer post based on what I said, but post based upon the fact I said it
Pure hypocrisy.
Hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom