• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Search for Unbiased News is Futile

ShamMol said:
See, I have had several college classes already and in three of them, there was a conservative teaching. I repeatedly was the only liberal in my class at USC and/or UCLA that spoke up and provided rational and I wasn't failed, in fact I got two A's and a B.

Obviously the grading was curved!!!! :)

Just kidding

Just watch Oriely Factor. He knows what hes talking about and has info on everything you can imagine. He's great! Unless your Liberal in which you should watch it and see it anyways. :lol: ;)

CanadianGuy said:
Just watch Oriely Factor. He knows what hes talking about and has info on everything you can imagine. He's great! Unless your Liberal in which you should watch it and see it anyways. :lol: ;)

Yup...The Oriely Factor...followed by Hanitee & Combs...

cnredd said:
Yup...The Oriely Factor...followed by Hanitee & Combs...

O'Rielly inflames his guests alot of the times. The man is looking for a fight. I agree very little with him, though last night Geraldo interviewed him concerning the Joseph Duncan case, and *shocked* I agreed with Bill when he said ALL states should join Florida in making first offense for child molestor's 25 years... second offense should be life. Hmmmm perhaps I shouldn't mention I agreed again with someone or something from Fox news. it will ruin my rep. :)

Hannity and Colmes.. I cannot really watch them. To listen to the two of them go back and forth is like watching my daughters argue over who gets the bathroom first. It's annoying from beginning to end.

Actually, I was just referring to the horrible spelling mistakes...

debate_junkie said:
Hmmmm perhaps I shouldn't mention I agreed again with someone or something from Fox news. it will ruin my rep. :)

breathing heavily and sounding like James Earl Jones....Come to the dark side....

cnredd said:
Actually, I was just referring to the horrible spelling mistakes...

breathing heavily and sounding like James Earl Jones....Come to the dark side....

ROFL That is classic. I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks!

CanadianGuy said:
And you are from canada eh? Wow.

CanadianGuy said:
Whats that supposed to mean?

It means that he is stereotyping all Canadians to be Liberal, and he surprised that a Conservative lives in Canada.

Just another generalization, that's all.

Oh ok well I completely understand but I live in alberta a completely blue province :D

Go ALberta!

I just find it interesting that some conservatives think that Fox News is balanced because they have both Republicans and Democrats on the show.

It misses the point. News is news. It should not be political opinion, it should not be the days events, filled in by personal opinions by Bill O'Reilly, or Alan Colmes for that matter. If FOX was more fair, it would rename itself the FOX Opinion Channel. We rant, you decide. Whether that be a Republican or Democrat rant.

What the general public need is the facts. News Channels should go out of their way to get the facts, and reporters should always aim to minimise their own political biasis in the reporting.

For all the heat CNN gets from conservative types for being a Leftie propaganda channel, Ted Turner's media outlet does a pretty balanced job at covering the news. Want to know why? Because the channel isn't dominanted by programs, hosted by once were journalists come political commentators mouthing off their opinions on war, trade, to their favourite books. If anything America needs more simple news and reporting. Not more Liberal or consevative TV or radio stations, or pundits. What every healthy democracy needs, is news casters just reporting the facts and nothing more.

At least Bill doesn't grill Libertarians too harshly!

Australianlibertarian said:
I just find it interesting that some conservatives think that Fox News is balanced because they have both Republicans and Democrats on the show.

It misses the point. News is news. It should not be political opinion, it should not be the days events, filled in by personal opinions by Bill O'Reilly, or Alan Colmes for that matter. If FOX was more fair, it would rename itself the FOX Opinion Channel. We rant, you decide. Whether that be a Republican or Democrat rant.

What the general public need is the facts. News Channels should go out of their way to get the facts, and reporters should always aim to minimise their own political biasis in the reporting.

For all the heat CNN gets from conservative types for being a Leftie propaganda channel, Ted Turner's media outlet does a pretty balanced job at covering the news. Want to know why? Because the channel isn't dominanted by programs, hosted by once were journalists come political commentators mouthing off their opinions on war, trade, to their favourite books. If anything America needs more simple news and reporting. Not more Liberal or consevative TV or radio stations, or pundits. What every healthy democracy needs, is news casters just reporting the facts and nothing more.

At least Bill doesn't grill Libertarians too harshly!

Welcome to Debate Politics, Mate!

I think what your asking for is a 24 hour news station that just covers the news for 24 hours...after 3 hours of this, most people would want to slit their wrists open...The stations NEED something more to keep their ratings up and their viewers tuned in longer. Why listen to someone read off of a teleprompter for 30 minutes straight when you could just go to the internet and do it yourself? That's why these news stations have to come up with a twist.

Lou Dobbs is on CNN, what Bill O'reily is to Fox News. Don't pardon his soft voice, he consistanly preaches he's only interested in the truth. Checkmate so does Bill O'reily on Fox News. So ignore which ever one you want, cause the only one your huring is your self by watching their show!

Find out about Lou Dobbs

Find out about Bill O'Reilly

Once again I state ignore who you want! You have the remote, go see if spongebob on! These guys aren't going broke if you not watching their shows! :rofl

liminal said:
The search for unbiased news is futile. I have given up. Instead, I try to expose myself to a wide variety of sources, in the hope of gaining as balanced a view of the story as possible.

I trust most of you have seen Google’s news feature, located at http://news.google.com. For any given news story, there will be anywhere from a dozen to a thousand different articles from various publications worldwide.

You have figured it out. All news sources are biased. If they say they are un-biased, they're lying! Read as much news from as many different perspectives as possible, then make up your own mind. Don't let anyone else think for you.

Originally posted by stsburns:
Thank You for your article Billo_Really!
This is the second time you've thanked me on this thread. It is starting to get a little annoying. Don't kiss my ass. I hate people who stroke me.

But thank you anyway for your kind comments.

BTW, I just posted the article to leave the illusion that I'm not so one-sided. I had no opinion on that article what-so-ever. I just put it near the area of conflict in order to throw it in cnredd's face at a later time.

If you make a good point, I will see that and acknowledge it. If it is bombast, I will call it for what it is. I guess what I'm saying is that I try to see and understand the other side before drawing conclusions and argueing against their points.

With that being said, I'll leave you with something that comes right out of a conservatives' camp...

hillarycloser3rm.jpg

Billo_Really said:
This is the second time you've thanked me on this thread. It is starting to get a little annoying. Don't kiss my ass. I hate people who stroke me.

But thank you anyway for your kind comments.

BTW, I just posted the article to leave the illusion that I'm not so one-sided. I had no opinion on that article what-so-ever. I just put it near the area of conflict in order to throw it in cnredd's face at a later time.

If you make a good point, I will see that and acknowledge it. If it is bombast, I will call it for what it is. I guess what I'm saying is that I try to see and understand the other side before drawing conclusions and argueing against their points.

With that being said, I'll leave you with something that comes right out of a conservatives' camp...

hillarycloser3rm.jpg

And all this time I didn't think you could be immature from BOTH sides of the aisle....You shed new light.....

Originally posted by cnredd:
And all this time I didn't think you could be immature from BOTH sides of the aisle....You shed new light.....
Yaaa Baaaby! The new Billo controversy, "Who's side is he really on?"

hillarykillbill0ox.jpg

Billo,

You can't possibly know about computers, so I'll throw a touch of info at ya...

Although most people have cable or DSL to connect to the net, there are some out there that still use modems...which take VERY long to download images....With your immature angle of debate, you are needlessly slowing people up...people who wish to a bit more serious than seeing cropped picutres with inflammatory comments...

That is why your respect is so lacking....you just don't have a clue....

Billo,
You can't possibly know about computers,
Why can't I possibly know about computers? Where the hell did you pull this one from?
You happen to be right. But where the hell did you get that from?
so I'll throw a touch of info at ya...
Your too kind...
Although most people have cable or DSL to connect to the net, there are some out there that still use modems...which take VERY long to download images....
Ooooooh, do you have a slow modem?
With your immature angle of debate,
This just in, the immaturity of geometry, film at 11:00!
you are needlessly slowing people up...people who wish to a bit more serious than seeing cropped picutres with inflammatory comments...
My answer below...
That is why your respect is so lacking....
Let me get this straight, I lack respect because I slow up downloads thru my ignorance of computers? Mmmmmmm!
you just don't have a clue....
Yes I due! It was Mr. Green, in the study, with the candlestick.

Here's what I'm going to do. Something you never do.
Which is see the other persons point of view.
Not your perception of their view. But your understanding
of that view. Which takes a lot more work than your
willing to do.

So here you go, my last picture!

bushsuspect6yt.jpg

Billo_Really said:
Here's what I'm going to do. Something you never do.
Which is see the other persons point of view.
Not your perception of their view. But your understanding
of that view. Which takes a lot more work than your
willing to do.

I'm very willing...Just not willing to you and Champs. You are both babies...With the minor exception here and there, you two are the only ones on my shitlist....and the reason went away from politics pretty fast...

That is accurate. Thanks

I agree the left is always going to lean left, and the right is always going to lean right, so this matter of bias in the media is realy all about a persons perception.

I'm very willing...Just not willing to you and Champs. You are both babies...With the minor exception here and there, you two are the only ones on my shitlist....and the reason went away from politics pretty fast...
Are you on crack? You sound like a little kid taking his ball and going home because the other kids in the neighborhood wouldn't play by your rules. Even though I personnally think the things you say are disgusting, if your right and I'm wrong, I'll admit it. I won't let my personal feelings for you get in the way of the truth. Also, whatever you consider your truth, I don't have a problem with either. You can think whatever f___ed up thoughts you want to think. That fine by me. You can also degrade and discredit me till the cows come home. I don't see how were any better off by it. I don't give a rats ass what you think about me.

What I do care about is you thinking you have proven $hit with irrelevant facts. Or by your little practice of trashing the source. So what if its an op-ed. So what if it is from a left wing website. So what if it is from an organization you got issues with. So what if it is from an alleged terrorist that we released and is now talking about how he was tortured during his incarceration on no charges. It doesn't prove that it did not happen!

I'm not looking for anyone to believe me. But I would hope you would go find out for yourself. But you won't, will you. That's scary. You might realize just how f___ed your position was. But I don't think your position is f___ed. I know it is!

Billo PoopiePants said:
What I do care about is you thinking you have proven $hit with irrelevant facts. Or by your little practice of trashing the source. So what if its an op-ed. So what if it is from a left wing website. So what if it is from an organization you got issues with. So what if it is from an alleged terrorist that we released and is now talking about how he was tortured during his incarceration on no charges. It doesn't prove that it did not happen!

Wow...

That's like "Stan from South Park with his head down rubbing his eyes" wow.

Back
Top Bottom