• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The science says

I am not hoping to have any beliefs confirmed. My goal is to find out what is really going on.
What's going on is, there's this new disease that swept the world 2 years ago that's highly communicable, and very dangerous for folks with risk factors like obesity...which,here in the US, is well over half the population. In an effort to save lives, a vaccine was developed. We are now in the endemic stage of this.

There, you're all caught up.

You do know COVID parties were a thing. And going unvaxxed is essentially running with scissors, naked and blindfloded,
So is smoking tobacco products, vaping and heavy alcohol abuse. What's you point?

What's going on is, there's this new disease that swept the world 2 years ago that's highly communicable, and very dangerous for folks with risk factors like obesity...which,here in the US, is well over half the population. In an effort to save lives, a vaccine was developed. We are now in the endemic stage of this.

No, half the American population was not at risk of dying from covid. Maybe half are overweight, but half are NOT obese.

The flu and a common cold can also be dangerous for folks with risk factors. Well prior to covid, my own mother passed away from the flu. Covid is in the endemic stage and Omicron is mild.

No, half the American population was not at risk of dying from covid. Maybe half are overweight, but half are NOT obese.
Agreed. Covid even with the two more deadly variants was 98% survivable. And most had asymptomatic cases. Halfe of Americans have never been at risk of dying with covid.

COVID =/= Tobacco

COVID =/= Vaping

COVID =/= Alcohol
And probably at least a third of the individuals screeching about the unvaccinated are probably into tobacco, vaping, or heavy alcohol abuse.

Have not been keeping up with the numbers lately, However in my office, roughly half half been infected, some more then once. One three times. All of the infected have been vaccinated. The two who are unvaccinated have not been infected. Don't get me wrong, I am pro-vaccine. I took the jab today that covers the Omicron variants. That makes me double vaxxed and triple boosted. However in my opinion, once the Omicron varients popped up, the vaccines were pretty close to useless until the Omicron specific booster came out a couple weeks ago.
You are in absolutely no position to comment intelligently on this subject.

You are in absolutely no position to comment intelligently on this subject.
What I can comment intelligently on is what happened in my neck of the woods, especially my place of employment. Again. roughly half were infection with Covid, one just weeks ago. All were vaccinted. I am pretty sure at least in regards to the first two variants, it would have been worse without the vaccines. However from what I can see, they prevented no infections from the omicron variants. You can rant on about me not being in the medical field. I don't realy care. I expect the new version of the vaccine will bring much better results unless all librul obsession with those not vaccinated has created vaccine booster fatigue.

Ignorant assumptions are ignorant.
And you have a boatload of them. Especiall;y the kooky suggestion that everyone not vaccinated is attempting to catch covid.

Agreed. Covid even with the two more deadly variants was 98% survivable. And most had asymptomatic cases. Halfe of Americans have never been at risk of dying with covid.

No, I think MOST Americans were never at risk of dying FROM covid. WITH covid, that is a different story.

What I can comment intelligently on is what happened in my neck of the woods, especially my place of employment. Again. roughly half were infection with Covid, one just weeks ago. All were vaccinted. I am pretty sure at least in regards to the first two variants, it would have been worse without the vaccines. However from what I can see, they prevented no infections from the omicron variants. You can rant on about me not being in the medical field. I don't realy care. I expect the new version of the vaccine will bring much better results unless all librul obsession with those not vaccinated has created vaccine booster fatigue.
Which means you cannot speak intelligently on covid infection..and vaccination status.
Yes I understand you don't care what medical experts say.

Which means you cannot speak intelligently on covid infection..and vaccination status.
Ahh...the ole "If you are not in the medical field "you are ignorant" ploy.
Yes I understand you don't care what medical experts say.
It's you that does not understand. I do care what the medical experts say, however less so when it comes to the politicised experts or politicised science.

Ahh...the ole "If you are not in the medical field "you are ignorant" ploy.

It's you that does not understand. I do care what the medical experts say, however less so when it comes to the politicised experts or politicised science.
Well..do you get your medical advice from the mechanic down the street or your medical doctor?

Based on your posts..any and all medical experts that go against your pre conceived notions are " politicized ".
It really all comes down to the scientific evidence.
Which supports me and other medical providers..
And does not support your theories.

Well..do you get your medical advice from the mechanic down the street or your medical doctor?

Based on your posts..any and all medical experts that go against your pre conceived notions are " politicized ".
It really all comes down to the scientific evidence.
Which supports me and other medical providers..
And does not support your theories.
Let's talk reality. I respect the medical profession in general, however it's not perfect and at times it has stumbled and the field has at some level a number of quacks. For instance the idiot surgeons who are now prescribing puberty blockers for the sake of gender reassignment and performing double mastectomies for the same reason on girls as young as 12 years old. I would not seek medical services from any doctor that even supports such mutilation.

Let's talk reality. I respect the medical profession in general, however it's not perfect and at times it has stumbled and the field has at some level a number of quacks. For instance the idiot surgeons who are now prescribing puberty blockers for the sake of gender reassignment and performing double mastectomies for the same reason on girls as young as 12 years old. I would not seek medical services from any doctor that even supports such mutilation.
Yes..lets talk reality.
You just admitted that it's only a small amount of outliers that have whacked ideas.
Yet you are following the whackados .

Yes..lets talk reality.
You just admitted that it's only a small amount of outliers that have whacked ideas.
Yet you are following the whackados .
Really? Which whacakdos are you claiming I have followed? Certainly not the whack jobs who are mutilating children.

Really? Which whacakdos are you claiming I have followed? Certainly not the whack jobs who are mutilating children.
Well frankly..I think your "mutilating children shtick is probably bs.."

However..most recently your claim that " any doctor that recommends a booster instead of waiting for variant specific boosters is a quack"..
Came from somewhere..

Back
Top Bottom