• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Ruling Striking Down Obamacare Is a Disaster for Republicans

This is a very important lie:

Brought back front-and-center by the GOP's latest effort to strip millions of coverage and cripple the American health care system.

It wasn't a lie. Early on Trump didn't fully realize the inclination of the GOP Elites...in Congress...to dishonestly thwart his plan.

He has learned his lesson.

It wasn't a lie. Early on Trump didn't fully realize the inclination of the GOP Elites...in Congress...to dishonestly thwart his plan.

He has learned his lesson.

...he didn't have a plan. Still doesn't.

He was lying to you.

The precarious political position this dumb ruling has placed the GOP in continues to get noticed.

GOP Stuck in a ‘Lose-Lose’ Dilemma With Judge’s Obamacare Ruling
Congressional Republicans were handed the gift they said they wanted when a Texas judge invalidated Obamacare late last week. Yet few now seem willing to open it.

After spending the eight years since the law passed promising -- and failing -- to repeal the Affordable Care Act, Republicans are no closer to crafting a politically viable alternative to the law, which has gained favor with voters and has transformed the nation’s health-care system.

Republicans are “still in the throes” of devising an Obamacare alternative if the ruling is upheld, Senate Finance Chairman Orrin Hatch, a Utah Republican, said Monday. “It’s a work in progress.”
It’s a “lose-lose” situation for Republicans, said Rodney Whitlock, a lobbyist and former health policy adviser to incoming Senate Finance Chairman Chuck Grassley. He said the scope of the ruling “frankly caught a lot of people off guard.”

“It’s really hard to make anything positive of this,” Whitlock said. “Republicans would have been much more comfortable talking positively about pre-existing conditions and issues like that. I don’t think they were prepared to get into the entire ACA. It’s just a much more complicated conversation.”

Obamacare crusade grows more fraught for GOP after court ruling
Dismantling Obamacare has been a top GOP priority for eight years, but a fresh court victory that resurrects the prospect of wiping the law off the books is fast becoming a political albatross for Republicans.

President Trump cheered the federal court ruling in Texas that declares the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional and jeopardizes medical coverage for tens of millions of Americans, but other Republicans hedged. Many tried to blame Democrats for the anxiety the decision has spread among voters.

Republicans worry Obamacare ruling will drag them down in the 2020 elections
Republicans fear that a federal judge's decision Friday striking down the Affordable Care Act will put them in a perilous political position and will hand Democrats a powerful line of attack for next Congress and the 2020 elections. While the law won’t be affected right away, as the case is set to go through the appeals process, it’s a boon to Democrats who are eager to campaign on healthcare and pre-existing illness protections, just as they did throughout the 2018 campaign. Throughout the cycle, Republicans were hammered in television ads for voting for bills that would have made coverage more expensive or out of reach for people with pre-existing conditions, such as cancer or diabetes. “Republicans now have to answer a set of questions that they wouldn't have otherwise had to answer,” said one GOP strategist on the political challenges of the ruling. “The ruling may have single-handedly galvanized Democrats on an issue where they play a lot of offense and put Republicans on defense for who knows how long.” In Congress, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., is pressuring the Senate to bring a measure to the floor that would allow lawmakers to intervene.

I brought up lying Republican Congressmen. You predictably deflected to Trump.

The prince of lies crowns himself king and when you lot, trump supporters, bring up liars, it must be brought to the fore that you VOTED for the king of lies.

The prince of lies crowns himself king and when you lot, trump supporters, bring up liars, it must be brought to the fore that you VOTED for the king of lies.

LOL!!

If you didn't have hyperbole and deflection, you'd have nothing at all.

I don’t think the ruling will stand. Even most of the experts who oppose the ACA seem to be of the opinion that this particular ruling is legally problematic.

I'd bet the ruling will stand once it reaches the Supreme Court. SCOTUS had the votes to rule the ACA unconstitutional back when it first was passed until Chief Justice Roberts twisted himself into a legal logic devoid pretzel in order to let it squeak through. Now, with two conservative justices appointed by President Trump on the court, it won't matter what nonsense Roberts invents along the way and seeing defeat he is likely to side with the majority that will throw the ACA out.

You may think conservatives and the GOP will own the resulting mess, but that depends on who's in control in Congress at that time and whether or not the Democrats want a solution or a campaign issue. I'm betting the Democrats, as always, will prefer the campaign issue over a solution since that's been their MO for eternity.

LOL!!

If you didn't have hyperbole and deflection, you'd have nothing at all.

Why don't you tell me why you dislike republicans lying in congress, but you are ok with Trump telling lies at every turn of the wheel?

Why don't you tell me why you dislike republicans lying in congress, but you are ok with Trump telling lies at every turn of the wheel?

yawn...

Tell when Trump has made a policy pledge and then turned around and did the exact opposite. THAT is the lying (in Congress) that I dislike. You know...like McCain telling people he'll repeal Obamacare so they'll vote for him and then voting no on the one chance to repeal Obamacare.

Anyway. I'm don't with you and your constant deflection to Trump...when you SHOULD be talking about Obamacare.

You are dismissed.

yawn...

Tell when Trump has made a policy pledge and then turned around and did the exact opposite. THAT is the lying (in Congress) that I dislike. You know...like McCain telling people he'll repeal Obamacare so they'll vote for him and then voting no on the one chance to repeal Obamacare.

Anyway. I'm don't with you and your constant deflection to Trump...when you SHOULD be talking about Obamacare.

You are dismissed.

Day one repeal replace.

Mexico will pay for the wall.

I will be the law and order president.

Do you want me to continue?

So, this got awkward for the GOP.

They just suffered the largest midterm beat-down of all time after the Dems built their campaign around health care. Many in the GOP wisely tacked hard Dem-ward during the campaign, pretending to be ardent protectors of the ACA's pre-existing condition protections.

But the GOP had set a ticking timebomb for itself, as they had already argued in court that those protections had to be thrown out. (Luckily for them, their buddy down in Texas sat on his ruling until the midterms were safely in the rearview mirror! One shudders to think what would've happened to them in the midterms if their efforts had borne fruit before the vote.)

And now that bomb has exploded. Which means the GOP might have to, uh oh, talk about health care again. Which is most assuredly not a good look for them.

Striking down that abortion sold on a mountain of lies is wonderful for the nation.

But, I understand why Leftists hate this decision... for you folks haven;t met an abortion you didn;t like.

Day one repeal replace.

Mexico will pay for the wall.

I will be the law and order president.

Do you want me to continue?

Economy recovered.

Obama’s legacy eliminated... reduced to a Parker Pen Collection... in 14-months.

ISIS decimated.

Paris, NAFTA, TPP sent to the scrap heap.

USMCA.

NATO freeloaders shamed into paying their bills.

North Korea in progress... of denuking.

Smacking our enemy China, and illustrating they’re not the powerhouse people thought they were.

Gutting the awful and dangerous Iran deal.

21 regulations repealed for every new one created. That is 10-times the number he stated during the election.

You want me to continue?

Trump got more done in 18-months than most Presidents do in 8-years.

and we'll have to wait until they are once again in power in order to improve on the ACA. Republicans tried to repeal and replace, and came up with bupkis.

How do you "improve" on something that's unconstitutional? Yes, Republicans tried to repeal and replace and never got a single Democrat who wanted to improve the mess they originally adopted. As I said, Democrats wanted the campaign issue, not solutions. Republicans, on the other hand, were faced with a divided party that either supported repeal/replace or supported repeal and the two sides couldn't come to a sufficiently strong agreement, which left them at the mercy of the RINOs in the Senate.

Democrats got the ACA adopted by flat out bald faced lies to the American public and manipulation of the Senate rules - only fitting that the Supreme Court will kill it.

So, this got awkward for the GOP.

They just suffered the largest midterm beat-down of all time after the Dems built their campaign around health care. Many in the GOP wisely tacked hard Dem-ward during the campaign, pretending to be ardent protectors of the ACA's pre-existing condition protections.

But the GOP had set a ticking timebomb for itself, as they had already argued in court that those protections had to be thrown out. (Luckily for them, their buddy down in Texas sat on his ruling until the midterms were safely in the rearview mirror! One shudders to think what would've happened to them in the midterms if their efforts had borne fruit before the vote.)

And now that bomb has exploded. Which means the GOP might have to, uh oh, talk about health care again. Which is most assuredly not a good look for them.

I stopped reading at the bolded part of your post. If the rest of your post is just as dishonest it's not worth reading

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How do you "improve" on something that's unconstitutional? Yes, Republicans tried to repeal and replace and never got a single Democrat who wanted to improve the mess they originally adopted. As I said, Democrats wanted the campaign issue, not solutions. Republicans, on the other hand, were faced with a divided party that either supported repeal/replace or supported repeal and the two sides couldn't come to a sufficiently strong agreement, which left them at the mercy of the RINOs in the Senate.

Democrats got the ACA adopted by flat out bald faced lies to the American public and manipulation of the Senate rules - only fitting that the Supreme Court will kill it.

Republicans had nothing to replace the ACA with. That's why "repeal and replace" didn't work.Trump made noises about it, but neither he nor the Congress had a real plan.

Well, their plan was the same as it always is: Blame the Democrats.

But, that's not a real plan, just a Trump plan.

Back
Top Bottom