• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Royal Family needs to go away.

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
France had a violent revolution and so that’s why they don’t live on with a glorified by the media elitist bloodline who defenders can only say “well they do a lot of charity work”. They’re also protecting a pedophile named Prince Andrew. So don’t give me that bull shit. That doesn’t justify for how these people are spoiled for their entire lives. If their money was stripped from them it could probably solve ALL of world hunger.

I read a good article explaining the British royals. It seems that the British royals actually MAKE the UK money, they don't cost them anything. Someone figured out that in tourist dollars, the royals are a big tourist draw, and they actually make more money than they cost. Really, it's only the British people who should have a say in this...

Well we should only endorse substantive things for profit I think. That’s no different than saying the Kardashian’s are great because of the profits they make for whatever shitty channel they’re on.

I read a good article explaining the British royals. It seems that the British royals actually MAKE the UK money, they don't cost them anything. Someone figured out that in tourist dollars, the royals are a big tourist draw, and they actually make more money than they cost. Really, it's only the British people who should have a say in this...

Yep. In 2020 the British taxpayers spent about £70 million for the royal family expenses. I'm not familiar with the payment breakdown and whether the tourist monies raised are factored into this, but they are a tourist draw and benefit the UK from that perspective. That said, I don't have an opinion on whether the UK should or shouldn't continue to fund the monarchy since it's up to their taxpayers. This might be lost on us since we buck the idea of monarchy, but it's a cultural heritage for many in the UK; that alone might be worth it for them. By "them" I mean the English since views on the monarchy aren't all the same in the other 3 nations.

Right on both counts. Sure the monarchy is an outdated institution, but continuing to honor outdated institutions is what Britain is all about. That's why tourists go there. And it's their own business and a LOT of people in Britain think the royals are a good thing.

France had a violent revolution and so that’s why they don’t live on with a glorified by the media elitist bloodline who defenders can only say “well they do a lot of charity work”. They’re also protecting a pedophile named Prince Andrew. So don’t give me that bull shit. That doesn’t justify for how these people are spoiled for their entire lives. If their money was stripped from them it could probably solve ALL of world hunger.

Thats up to the Brits of course, but I wish celebrity worship would go away in the US. Worshiping people who are celebrities only for being related to people who had power centuries ago is even worse. Or is us worshiping people related to celebrity entertainers who never had power, worse?

Back
Top Bottom