• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The royal baby.

Smeagol

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kensington Palace announce William and Kate's baby will be delivered by "natural childbirth." Does that mean no c-section or no pain killers? If its the later, why would any woman choose to feel the pain of something so horrific if someone were to do that to a person outside of childbirth, they'd be sent to prison for multiple life sentences?

Natural childbirth was a pretty common practice when I was having my own children. The reason for it is, in part, to avoid the baby having any exposure to strong drugs during labor. There was also a strong focus on the father participating in the birthing process as a coach and moral support. I'm glad I went that route.

Some women believe that using pain meds could affect the baby through their mutual bloodstream.

Epidurals made it harder to push, which increases the likelihood of having to have a cut down there, or C-section, or foreceps... which for various reasons some women dislike.

Then there are probably a few who think that there's something noble about accepting the suffering... though I'd think one time would cure that notion...

Goshin <- Notta female, but gots a lotta females in the family....

Oh great the baby that is causing a constitutional uproar is being delivered.

Some women believe that using pain meds could affect the baby through their mutual bloodstream.

Epidurals made it harder to push, which increases the likelihood of having to have a cut down there, or C-section, or foreceps... which for various reasons some women dislike.

Then there are probably a few who think that there's something noble about accepting the suffering... though I'd think one time would cure that notion...

Goshin <- Notta female, but gots a lotta females in the family....

Hey, I figured if women of old could handle it, so could I. :lol:

Hey, I figured if women of old could handle it, so could I. :lol:

I got no room to talk. We menfolk do our own share of totally crazy ****. :)

But ours usually involve fire.

Or power tools, or automobiles, or firearms, or fireworks, or deep water, or a tall cliff, or completely unnecessary fisticuffs, or electricity, or a bronc, or a Brahma bull.... or a lot of beer....

Very commonly a lot of beer....

Or power tools, or automobiles, or firearms, or fireworks, or deep water, or a tall cliff, or completely unnecessary fisticuffs, or electricity, or a bronc, or a Brahma bull.... or a lot of beer....

Lol. It's our way of simulating child birth. It's "Hey y'all, watch this," followed by, "Hey man, you awright?"

The Duchess will give birth in the same hospital where her husband was born, and the accommodations are posh. She's given up attending the wedding of the year today just in case she goes into early labor (too long a trip), which indicates to me that she's being sensible, and my guess is that if she needs an epidural or whatever, she'll ask. I'm hoping that she's one the lucky ones like one of my family members, who delivered her first child in 45 minutes and that same afternoon turned to her husband and said let's take the baby and go home.

The Duchess will give birth in the same hospital where her husband was born, and the accommodations are posh. She's given up attending the wedding of the year today just in case she goes into early labor (too long a trip), which indicates to me that she's being sensible, and my guess is that if she needs an epidural or whatever, she'll ask. I'm hoping that she's one the lucky ones like one of my family members, who delivered her first child in 45 minutes and that same afternoon turned to her husband and said let's take the baby and go home.

One of my sisters had an easy birth like that. OTOH there's my middle niece's first which took her right to death's door and halfway across the threshold with toximia....

Well..Having given birth several times..the closest I can describe it..is crapping a water melon!!

I'm definitely on the royal baby watch. I don't know why I am so fascinated by the royals, but I TiVo'd the royal wedding at 4am, and made my daughters watch it with me.

If its the later, why would any woman choose to feel the pain of something so horrific if someone were to do that to a person outside of childbirth, they'd be sent to prison for multiple life sentences?

My mom delivered both me and my 10.5 pound sister with no painkillers or epidural. She didn't want to risk the side effects that could come with the epidural, and she wanted to breastfeed us, which can be harder if the mother takes painkillers.

Back
Top Bottom