• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Roots of Rape

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Liberals spend most of their time denying and being blind to human nature, so it's no surprise that time and time again they fail at trying to make human beings better. They don't see the real problem, so they fail. They have solutions that don't address the real problem, so they fail.

Each of us is born with a biological imperative to procreate. It affects us deeply and in ways we can only barely comprehend. It is the pressure of a hundred thousand generations of successful parents, our ancestors, pressing down on us to go and do the same as they did, birth and raise children, continue the bloodline. It is set deeply within us, and it will not be repressed.

The idea that this can be changed with some politically correct groupthink is, in a word, idiotic.

But see the underlying human nature for what it is and a different set of possible solutions to the problem of rape in the military suggests itself. Like, for example, that it was insane to mix highly testosteronized men with women in the armed forces and expect a different outcome from the one we are getting, and maybe we ought to rethink the whole thing.

But this would be anathema to liberals, so the problem is just going to continue. Perhaps it will disrupt the military to the point where it is no longer effective. I'm pretty sure that all the time and energy spent addressing this is detracting from the main job of the military, which is to defend us and win wars.

Attempting to justify rape? Really? That's pretty classy, Lowdown.

Liberals spend most of their time denying and being blind to human nature, so it's no surprise that time and time again they fail at trying to make human beings better. They don't see the real problem, so they fail. They have solutions that don't address the real problem, so they fail.

Each of us is born with a biological imperative to procreate. It affects us deeply and in ways we can only barely comprehend. It is the pressure of a hundred thousand generations of successful parents, our ancestors, pressing down on us to go and do the same as they did, birth and raise children, continue the bloodline. It is set deeply within us, and it will not be repressed.

The idea that this can be changed with some politically correct groupthink is, in a word, idiotic.

But see the underlying human nature for what it is and a different set of possible solutions to the problem of rape in the military suggests itself. Like, for example, that it was insane to mix highly testosteronized men with women in the armed forces and expect a different outcome from the one we are getting, and maybe we ought to rethink the whole thing.

But this would be anathema to liberals, so the problem is just going to continue. Perhaps it will disrupt the military to the point where it is no longer effective. I'm pretty sure that all the time and energy spent addressing this is detracting from the main job of the military, which is to defend us and win wars.

I don't think you understand the "roots" of rape. It is a crime of violence. It is men physically asserting themselves over women, acting out on their rage not their desire to procreate.

Change is good and it doesn't happen when naysayers stand on their platforms and whine, particularly about a group of people whom they have labeled.
Not everyone has the desire to procreate, therefore, why do you want to place all people in the same category? Back up and allow people to think for themselves.
There are bad apples in every barrel, therefore, why shouldn't they be tossed in order not to contaminate the others.
Our military is the best in the world. Why should we allow rapists to impugn their integrity?
Not all of us are cut from the same swatch.

This is one of the most disgusting attempts to justify rape I've ever seen. You should be ashamed of yourself.

This might be the most ridiculous post i have ever read. Rape is not about procreation. Rapists are not deep down trying to father a child when they violently attack women. Rape is about violence.

I don't think you understand the "roots" of rape. It is a crime of violence. It is men physically asserting themselves over women, acting out on their rage not their desire to procreate.

No, I don't accept that for a split second. That's just PC claptrap. In animals deceptive mating or coerced mating is always a procreative strategy used by males that otherwise would have no chance.

This might be the most ridiculous post i have ever read. Rape is not about procreation. Rapists are not deep down trying to father a child when they violently attack women. Rape is about violence.

Nope, sorry. It's ALWAYS about procreation. Otherwise it wouldn't happen.

:popcorn2::afraid::scared::inandout:

Why is it that liberals have such a hard time coming to terms with the fact that the central cause of rape is the sex drive? Why do they have to dream up this fiction that it's about power?

Well, because it's just like anything else -- they refuse to recognize the potential for evil within themselves. If there is a core difference between liberals and conservatives it's that conservatives know we're all rotten to the core and bear constant watching and liberals refuse to believe it. Whenever evil tendencies leak out of liberals they rationalize it away as being a new form of good, including sadomasochistic sex, which is increasingly popular these days (with accessories available in the Sears online catalogue, no less.)

Because liberals have a sex drive then sex must therefore be boundlessly good and never lead to evil of any kind. Because they'd never be evil in any way. Because they are basically good and have nothing of evil, no evil tendencies whatsoever, no human nature at all. More like a god nature.

So something evil like rape cannot be caused by the sex drive. Because that would mean that liberals themselves are capable of rape.

As, in fact, they are. That they don't do things like that is the result of socialization, not because they are naturally harmless. But they can't acknowledge that, because they are wedded to the idea that whatever evil they do comes from society, not from them. But the problem is not society, it's lack of socialization. It's that the natural tendencies of the rapist have not been sufficiently suppressed by socialization.

So to blame rape on the sex drive is not to justify rape, as some have said so idiotically. Because the natural tendencies of human nature like the sex drive are neither good nor evil. They are a part of human nature, and whether their expression by each of us is good or evil depends on our intelligence and our character.

These ideas are more fully developed in:
Sexual Personae: Art and Decadence from Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson: Camille Paglia: 9780679735793: Amazon.com: Books

Nope, sorry. It's ALWAYS about procreation. Otherwise it wouldn't happen.

did you just claim that rape is always about procreation?????

wow if the first post wasnt enough you just proved how severely uneducated you are about this topic

rape is always about procreation:lamo

Why is it that liberals have such a hard time coming to terms with the fact that the central cause of rape is the sex drive? Why do they have to dream up this fiction that it's about power?

Why do you have such a simplistic view of political ideology that you view it in terms of identity politics no more sophisticated than cowboys and Indians?

did you just claim that rape is always about procreation?????

wow if the first post wasnt enough you just proved how severely uneducated you are about this topic

rape is always about procreation:lamo

Thanks, that must be the 6th or 7th time someone has reminded us of that old bromide. Don't you guys get bulletins from the hive mind about when an argument has been used in a thread? Sorry, no sale.

Of course rape is about the sex drive. Power is the means, not the motivation.

Why do you have such a simplistic view of political ideology that you view it in terms of identity politics no more sophisticated than cowboys and Indians?

Sorry, I don't do nuance. We all think in categories. If you don't like mine then supply your own, but don't reduce them to meaninglessness or claim that categories can't be usefully employed, because that would be a cop out.

No, I don't accept that for a split second. That's just PC claptrap. In animals deceptive mating or coerced mating is always a procreative strategy used by males that otherwise would have no chance.

So are you saying that we as women should just accept the fact that men are going to rape us and that since it is "human nature" it's on us to protect ourselves?

1.) Thanks, that must be the 6th or 7th time someone has reminded us of that old bromide.
2.) Don't you guys get bulletins from the hive mind about when an argument has been used in a thread? Sorry, no sale.
3.) Of course rape is about the sex drive. Power is the means, not the motivation.

1.) you're welcome, who is "us"? LMAO
you are the only one in this thread that has demonstrated a sever lack of education and understanding of rape

facts disagree with you

2.) you dont have to buy facts they are still facts without your approval

3.) sorry, facts disagree with you

thanks again for doubling down on your factually wrong and severely ignorant and uneducated claim about rape

So are you saying that we as women should just accept the fact that men are going to rape us and that since it is "human nature" it's on us to protect ourselves?

I am suggesting that instead of tearing down the traditional taboos and behavioral restrictions of society that you work instead to support them.

1.) you're welcome, who is "us"? LMAO
you are the only one in this thread that has demonstrated a sever lack of education and understanding of rape

facts disagree with you

2.) you dont have to buy facts they are still facts without your approval

3.) sorry, facts disagree with you

thanks again for doubling down on your factually wrong and severely ignorant and uneducated claim about rape

What are you calling "facts"? The opinion of some pinheaded academic or some such?

Really? Then why do some people decide not to have children at all?

I am suggesting that instead of tearing down the traditional taboos and behavioral restrictions of society that you work instead to support them.

I think I get what you are trying to say. That raping is going to happen because it is innate to some male humans. So what about child molestation and murder. Those behaviors occur repeatedly as well are we going to accept those behaviors as innate to some male humans also? It seems as if you are

1. blaming the victim
2. asking that everyone accommodate destructive behavior rather than expect the men to better themselves and control themselves

Also, should I then be responsible for not getting raped in my office or at the gym or in a club? Your logic has to be consistent and you can not apply this kind of thinking to other situations that are similar.

Ah rape, they name is male, as a show of sexual prowess, sexual dominance, and sexual aggression and frustration, as well as part of the Spoils of War, and also for reproduction by those who cannot find, for whatever reason, a willing partner but feel compelled to attempt to reproduce anyway.

The vast majority of rapes could be solved in short order, not by segregating the sexes for men would still rape men and boys, but by getting rid of men. All in favor, don't raise your penis.

That would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that so many rapists have trouble getting it up? It can certainly be a mating strategy but it mostly isn't. The rape of women and girls by the conquering army is well-known world history, just as the rape of women in the Sudan is now. It's an act of war not sex. Sex and reproduction are certainly in there but they are hardly the only reasons men rape, which is often no more than showing the lesser who is the greater.

I have heard that rape is about power, and I have heard that's it's not about power. However this is the first time hearing that rape is about procreation. I never thought I'd read or hear a ''first'' as I thought I heard it all. I'll give you that sometimes it's about a mans sex drive, the man that is getting it on but the woman rejects going any further, but the man doesn't care about the womans feelings. He continues b/c he is selfish and entitled. Whatever the reason it's still wrong. My question to you, op. Do you think this is something men can't help? Have you ever come close to raping a woman b/c you felt the urge to procreate?

Back
Top Bottom