• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Roots of Rape

Please elaborate.
By nature we aren't the type to sexually assault women. Only if we are in a condition that we are told it is okay or even encouraged such as warfare. Or we are given that example growing up by inter action of parents, or sexual abuse suffered as a child.

If a man is told it's okay to gun down 15 11 year old children he will, this occurs in warfare also, but he would make that distinction, that doesn't mean he wants to go to a public school and gun down students.

So no, this may be fueled by sex drive but it is distorted into sexual assault by traumatic experience or mental illness.

By nature we aren't the type to sexually assault women.

Only if we are in a condition that we are told it is okay or even encouraged such as warfare. Or we are given that example growing up by inter action of parents, or sexual abuse suffered as a child.

If a man is told it's okay to gun down 15 11 year old children he will, this occurs in warfare also, but he would make that distinction, that doesn't mean he wants to go to a public school and gun down students.

So no, this may be fueled by sex drive but it is distorted into sexual assault by traumatic experience or mental illness.

You appear to have the Rousseau's view of humans as being basically good. And you seem to think that humans only do bad things because the bad was introduced to them from outside of themselves, such as from society. People are good until corrupted by society.

I don't have that view. I regard human nature, from the moment people are born, as having good and bad tendencies. The bad tendencies are innate. Socialization is a necessary means of suppressing maladaptive and evil tendencies in people. It is the lack of socialization that's the problem, not society.

You appear to have the Rousseau's view of humans as being basically good. And you seem to think that humans only do bad things because the bad was introduced to them from outside of themselves, such as from society. People are good until corrupted by society.

I don't have that view. I regard human nature, from the moment people are born, as having good and bad tendencies. The bad tendencies are innate. Socialization is a necessary means of suppressing maladaptive and evil tendencies in people. It is the lack of socialization that's the problem, not society.

Good and bad are terms for kindergartners. There is acceptable and unacceptable. Nature is forced to fit, it is secondary.

A very novel interpretation. I've never before heard this take on it. Rape as an impulse to procreate?

That's different. Absurd, but different.

Back
Top Bottom