• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The rocket engine Elon Musk wants for trip to Mars just passed a key milestone

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/scienc...sk-wants-trip-mars-just-passed-key-ncna968941

SpaceX says its Raptor motor will power a spaceship designed to carry 100 people to the Red Planet.

SpaceX quickly passed another milestone in the development of its Raptor rocket engine on Thursday, CEO Elon Musk said in a tweet.

"Raptor just achieved power level needed for Starship & Super Heavy," Musk said.
===============================================
Musk is amazingly inventive & creative.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/scienc...sk-wants-trip-mars-just-passed-key-ncna968941

SpaceX says its Raptor motor will power a spaceship designed to carry 100 people to the Red Planet.

SpaceX quickly passed another milestone in the development of its Raptor rocket engine on Thursday, CEO Elon Musk said in a tweet.

"Raptor just achieved power level needed for Starship & Super Heavy," Musk said.

Musk has to be very careful. I think the gov't will be after his businesses like John Rigas and those networks of Fiber optic Interconnections. Thousands of beam splitters to share with the NSA all the USA phone calls and more.
/

CounterPoint:

How many years late is this program?

Musk has to be very careful. I think the gov't will be after his businesses like John Rigas and those networks of Fiber optic Interconnections. Thousands of beam splitters to share with the NSA all the USA phone calls and more.
/

Musk has to be very careful because he has spent the last two years burning capital with abandon.

I dont mean just money, I mean good will as well.

Musk is one tragedy away from ruin.

He did it to himself.

Last edited:
Musk is a liar and a conman.

He’s been wildly flailing around with flimsy and crappy ideas and passing them off as amazing inventions, while he’s given credit for work a bunch of smarter people do for him at SpaceX... But I’m now convinced he’s doing this to try to get new investors to get cash in the door as his ventures may be in more trouble financially than people are aware.

This tweet may very well be true, I’ll need to dig more into it, but the media doesn’t challenge him on a lot of his claims and I need far, far more than his word.

He’s been wildly flailing around with flimsy and crappy ideas and passing them off as amazing inventions, while he’s given credit for work a bunch of smarter people do for him at SpaceX... But I’m now convinced he’s doing this to try to get new investors to get cash in the door as his ventures may be in more trouble financially than people are aware.

This tweet may very well be true, I’ll need to dig more into it, but the media doesn’t challenge him on a lot of his claims and I need far, far more than his word.

You may very well be correct & Musk turns out to be the man behind the curtain who controls all the special FX.

You may very well be correct & Musk turns out to be the man behind the curtain who controls all the special FX.

I saw the video, I know the “rocket” exists.

Whether it’ll do what he says it does is a different story.

He recently dug a tiny tunnel, pushed a car through it and stood on a stage and lied to the world that he’d revolutionized tunnel digging.

Yeah, I’m skeptical when he says pretty much anything.

I saw the video, I know the “rocket” exists.

Whether it’ll do what he says it does is a different story.

He recently dug a tiny tunnel, pushed a car through it and stood on a stage and lied to the world that he’d revolutionized tunnel digging.

Yeah, I’m skeptical when he says pretty much anything.

I became skeptical when I saw a bit of that video where he was in chat drinking booze & smoking a TX-size reefer. That's pushing the eccentric bit a little too far.

I became skeptical when I saw a bit of that video where he was in chat drinking booze & smoking a TX-size reefer. That's pushing the eccentric bit a little too far.

Did you see how many miles he put on his very nice and very expensive airplane last year?

You an investor with his projects?

/

John Rigas if you are meaning the previous owner of adelphia cable was a crook and a liar and deserved every thing that happened to him along with his son.

I just saw the rocket test video the other day from houston.
the fact is spacex is a legit company.

it has proven itself time and time again.

there are a ton of smart working men and women at that company and they have changed space travel for the better.

Does it sound like I am?

Yes. Actually. At least thats what I am perceiving. It why I asked. I am a pro/am rocket surgeon and follow the industry and while I while I find Musk's inventions iterative, they are iterative in a creative way usually. You write like I would, if I had been jilted by a failure of his.

The rocket engine Elon Musk wants for trip to Mars just passed a key milestone

Sending people to Mars isn’t the problem so I don’t know why this is deserving of accolades. The problem was and continues to be how you keep them alive once they’re there. But more important - how do you bring them home? And really, all of that would be for what? To confirm for the umpteenth time that Mars has been a dead and uninhabitable planet for billions of years? I’d be more impressed if they developed something that could insert a submersible beneath the ice of Europa or investigate what is producing the organic compounds spewed out by the geysers of Enceladus.

Back
Top Bottom