• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Robot that can learn

The Robot That Can Learn

Pretty cool ****. Think there will ever be AI with imagination?

Depends on your definition of imagination. Using a genetic algorithm NASA famously generated antenna designs with no human input that ended up rather unlike anything a human would design. You can read about it here

JWdBq.jpg

ALij4.jpg

Depends on your definition of imagination. Using a genetic algorithm NASA famously generated antenna designs with no human input that ended up rather unlike anything a human would design. You can read about it here

JWdBq.jpg

ALij4.jpg

That sound like more of a random number generator. ?

That sound like more of a random number generator. ?
It's evolution, baby!
[/pearl jam]

You're halfway there, actually. To make a genetic algorithm you 'breed' different algorithms together at random (hence the RNG), then removes the least successful ones and randomly breed the remainders ('natural' selection at work). Repeat until it's perfect!

Genetic algorithms are awesome - they can produce machines that are immensely efficient, but totally incomprehensible to us mere mortals. See the story of Adrian Thompson in the italicised second half of this post: "Thompson described how [the circuit] functioned like this: 'Really, I haven't the faintest idea how it works'."

I'd love there to be a robot with imagination. I guess you could say that imagination is one of the things that makes us so human - it's going to be a challenge to replicate!

this is sooo awesome! no often you hear about this actually happening i cant to see this project unravel in 10 years from now

Back
Top Bottom