• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The RNC announces there will be no GOP platform for the convention

Trump doesn't have to do much right now. You people are burning cities down and brutalizing our police. I've said it since the riots started that this would be the reason Biden loses. It's obvious the progressive ideology is dangerous to this country and needs to be stopped. You guys had this election locked up but you can't control your emotions. No way I thought Trump was gonna win a couple months ago. With the virus quickly going away and the riots this will be a landslide.

The party platform is whatever Dear Leader says it is.

What is the point of a party platform? No nominee has ever followed their party's platform 100%. It isn't the platform that gets elected, it is the person.

What? Trumpers have been telling everyone that it’s not about the man but his policies. They may not like his personality but they liked the policies he advocated and implemented. Now that the Republicans have basically given up being a real political party, you’re trying to say it’s about the person?

It was Fox News reporting.

But save your crying because I think you’ll have a lot more to cry about later this week.

I wonder which speaker will get subpoenaed or indicted next?

2008c91dd6e5dcc7bf7bd082e8b35417.jpg

Literally half the speakers are either Trump or related to Trump.

:lol:

Trump doesn't have to do much right now. You people are burning cities down and brutalizing our police. I've said it since the riots started that this would be the reason Biden loses. It's obvious the progressive ideology is dangerous to this country and needs to be stopped. You guys had this election locked up but you can't control your emotions. No way I thought Trump was gonna win a couple months ago. With the virus quickly going away and the riots this will be a landslide.

6 million cases is "quickly going away"?

And those poor brutalized cops are so traumatized they can barely shoot a man in the back.

The Republican Party should just make it official and go full fascist and ban all Republican party conventions and meetings at the state, local, and national level and just issue each party member a set of instructions, because, apparently, that's what Republican Party rank and file want...to be told exactly what to think and exactly what to do like mindless robots...like lemmings

It was Fox News reporting.

But save your crying because I think you’ll have a lot more to cry about later this week.

I wonder which speaker will get subpoenaed or indicted next?

2008c91dd6e5dcc7bf7bd082e8b35417.jpg

You all looked at a graphic and made some pretty big assumptions.

Like Mitch McConnell not speaking.

We expect more from liberals.

6 million cases is "quickly going away"?

And those poor brutalized cops are so traumatized they can barely shoot a man in the back.

We are not quite to 6 million yet. Slow down and curb your excitement! Now take a look at this. See that bend downward in new infections? Do you see much red on that heat map? I get it! When it goes down that is bad for Biden and not good for you. Can't we enjoy this great news together instead of hoping for the worst so Trump doesn't get reelected?

Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count - The New York Times

The GOP declares to the world that it is no longer a party of principles, of policies or even of people. It stands only for the complete and unquestioning obedience to one man, his abuse of power and his contempt for for the law.

If there are any normal voters left out there, this is going to be a deal breaker. At least I wouldn't vote for a party without a platform. A lot of folks voted for Trump because he was a Republican, they held their nose and voted for the platform; now it seems they've only got the option of supporting Trump, whose deçisions have been more and more capricious and frequently unconstitutional. I don't think this was a good plan. It puts me in mind of the 60+ times they voted to repeal Obama Care when they had no program to replace it. They're really acting mindless. This will hurt them. Charles Krauthammer is turning in his grave, as is William F Buckley, Jr. Paul Ryan is patting himself on the back for making the right decision.

What a joke.

We are not quite to 6 million yet. Slow down and curb your excitement! Now take a look at this. See that bend downward in new infections? Do you see much red on that heat map? I get it! When it goes down that is bad for Biden and not good for you. Can't we enjoy this great news together instead of hoping for the worst so Trump doesn't get reelected?

1. Give it a week.

2. So we're almost back to where we were months ago? In the exact same waveform that went higher then? And to lead the way, nobody's taking *any* precautions at the GOP convention? Brilliant.

Neither Obama nor the Democratic Party ever required the kind of dumb, blind subservience that Trump now requires from the rank and file of the Republican Party.

I am astonished you cannot recognize this.

You literally have to pretend that Trump hasn't lied over 20,000 times.

Every time he lies or says something stupid you have to invent an entirely new reality to excuse or apologize for his statements.

Again, I pity Trump supporters. They thought they had a savior, but Trump was really a sort of anti-Christ, and now they are all burning in a living hell of lies and deceit.

You pretend that the Magic Man did no wrong and whine constantly about Trump.

Can't take you serious here pards.......sorry.

How can they have a platform? They were for tree trade. Now they are all for protectionism. They were for fiscal prudence. Now, skyrocketing deficits are no problem. They were all for fighting tyranny and spreading democracy around the globe. Now they are OK with appeasing and being best friends with the worlds biggest dictators and strongmen. They were against healthcare plans. But hey, if Trump says he will have a beautiful healthcare plan that will cover everyone, then that’s OK, they are all for it. But if he changes his mind again on that, that’s OK too. He doeth as he willeth. They were the party of family values. Now they have the very personification of the seven deadly sins as their party leader.

There can be no formal party positions because the positions change as the will of God changes. Donald Trump will tell keep them updated on what God wants. He is the new prophet and cult leader.

Last edited:

That's the best you can say about. Vote Trump: He hasn't killed 6 million people.

What is the point of a party platform? No nominee has ever followed their party's platform 100%. It isn't the platform that gets elected, it is the person.

Weird that you never once criticized the concept until the RNC abandoned it!

Weird that you never once criticized the concept until the RNC abandoned it!

Not true. I have criticized it numerous times right here on DP. Party platforms are a crock. Always have been.

Back
Top Bottom