• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The RNC announces there will be no GOP platform for the convention

How in God's name are you getting the idea that the Republican Party doesn't have a platform lol?

Then what is the GOP platform?

Since the RNC either can't or won't, why don't you articulate the GOP 2020 policy platform for us?

What is the point of a party platform? No nominee has ever followed their party's platform 100%. It isn't the platform that gets elected, it is the person.

A few years ago, Payne went through all of the platforms by both the Republican and Democratic parties from 1980 until 2004. He identified every "direct promise" in those platform — pledges he thought amounted to concrete policy positions — and then compared those promises with all of the votes taken on either the House or Senate floor.

"Reading through all of those platforms, I just wanted to rip my damn eyeballs out," he said, reflecting on the grueling legwork that went into his dissertation.

Despite the slog, what Payne found might stun some cynics: In 25 years, both Democratic and Republican lawmakers in Congress voted in accordance with their platforms 82 percent of the time.

We asked 8 political scientists if party platforms matter. Here’s what we learned. - Vox

What is the point of a party platform? No nominee has ever followed their party's platform 100%. It isn't the platform that gets elected, it is the person.

Grift, arrogance, and total lack of competence must be very sexy to conservatives then?

What in the name of logic and politics is an “America First” agenda? Both parties have put America’s interests first, even if they define our interests or the way of insuring them differently at times. It seems, however, that some on the right assume that the words “a decent respect to the opinions of mankind” from the Declaration of Independence are akin to treason. The US, the most powerful and richest nation in the world, hardly needs a “US Uber Alles” policy to succeed in foreign or domestic policy. “America First” is the definition of vapid patriotism. Pearl Harbor ended the use of the phrase the last time it was fashionable.

America First, Republican style, really translates to Donald Trump First. If its good for Donald Trump, then its assumed to be good for America. Same old, same old.

That is what happens when you have a leader that suffers of acute narcissistic personality disorder. The guy needs to speak every night at the conference and twice on Monday. His ego is insatiable, and these fools continue to feed it.

Hard to believe there are so many of our fellow American's that are such poor judges of character that they fall for this shtick that Trump is selling them.

Wow, the rationalizations keep coming and coming, don't they?

The purpose of a party platform is the equivalent of a corporate mission statement --- its a crisp view of the political direction that party intends to take. It is suppose to be a series of objectives from which we ultimately formulate policy. Its a guiding star. No candidate is 100% true to the platform. Similarly, no Christian is 100% true to God. If you can't follow something to a tee, that doesn't render that something worthless. Its point is exceptionally relevant as it defines the party. Its the goal that all of the members can follow. It defines the culture. Again, its the guiding star.

But, when your party is a complete sell-out to someone's ego, you start questioning the need for a platform. Though you should be holding the candidate accountable to the platform, you know you are a lost soul when you start holding the platform accountable to the candidate. That is very cult-like, don't you think? Oh, wait, thinking was the first thing to go....

You should NOT be questioning the need for a platform. You should be questioning just how far off the path of reasonableness you have wandered.

Last edited:
America First, Republican style, really translates to Donald Trump First. If its good for Donald Trump, then its assumed to be good for America. Same old, same old.

That is what happens when you have a leader that suffers of acute narcissistic personality disorder. The guy needs to speak every night at the conference and twice on Monday. His ego is insatiable, and these fools continue to feed it.

Hard to believe there are so many of our fellow American's that are such poor judges of character that they fall for this shtick that Trump is selling them.

We have to confront the fact that a huge fraction of Trump's supporters have authoritarian/fascist types of personalities, and that they've taken over the GOP. They will not change. This is who they are. They must simply be politically destroyed, made irrelevant on the national stage or they will eventually destroy our Republic.

John Dean, former Nixon White House counsel, has written a book about this personality type within a political context, it will be out tomorrow:

Authoritarian Nightmare: Trump and His Followers

Donald Trump only has the power to flaunt American institutions, treaties, and laws because he has a large, dedicated base who will believe whatever he says and do whatever he wants. Accordingly, we spend a lot of time in this book grasping Trump’s threat to America by explaining his followers.

We believe the base’s endless loyalty springs from the same psychological trait that some observers think runs deeply in Donald Trump himself, authoritarianism. Our understanding of these people is based on decades of research on people who might well support an autocratic takeover of a democracy. Journalists and commentators may find this body of study, presented as the core of this book in chapters 5 through 11, richly informative about contemporary American politics and the American electorate. Most people have never heard of this body of research, but it appears that its moment has arrived. It provides answers to two questions many concerned people are asking: What is wrong with Donald Trump? How can so many people support him? There is a related third question, the subject of the last chapter of this book: Can this authoritarian movement be contained before it is too late?

We are not alarmists. If you look at our previous work on authoritarianism you will see that we always said: “We still have lots of time; things have not gotten really bad yet.” But the past three years have been, well, the past three years, and suddenly there is a real crisis is upon us... We do not wish to frighten anyone because that is one of the ways authoritarian leaders operate. Rather, we seek to alert and inform, relying on verifiable facts and the answers nature has repeatedly given in studies about why Trump and his supporters act the way they do. America faces a number of very serious problems right now, made worse by its president. Insight is available and solutions do exist...

The bottom line is Trump and a huge fraction of his base represent a threat to the Republic.

Trump supporters are the same kind of people who voted for Hitler or supported Mussolini.

Trump supporters are the same kind of people who supported Stalin.

Last edited:
Then what is the GOP platform?

Since the RNC either can't or won't, why don't you articulate the GOP 2020 policy platform for us?

???

The convention hasn’t started yet.

Watch the convention, and I can guarantee, you’ll then be familiar with our platform, inside and out.

???

Watch the convention, and I can guarantee, you’ll then be familiar with our platform, inside and out.

:lol:

???

Here’s some stuff that’s in your platform, since the delegates were too lazy to review it:

It say the President ignores the rule of law:

95cb6dd3bc827ef72db06be2c6914585.jpg

It says the President exceeds his Constitutional authority:

272e2981bf08c7cd2fe8adadf6ab84b6.jpg

And it champions the right to vote by mail:
b5e90ee2ba736c35046ccfb2a8891019.jpg

These idiots couldn’t even edit out that stuff, and lots of other things.

They have no platform- they just wait to see what comes out of Trump’s mouth next.

???

You have no idea then? Didn't think so.

The Republican 2020 policy platform will be whatever Trump says it is on any particular day, and is subject to change depending on how Hannity reacts.

The Republican 2020 policy platform will be whatever Trump says it is on any particular day, and is subject to change depending on how Hannity reacts.

Well, given that in just 24 hours, two of the speakers at the convention are in new scandals, it might end up as only Trump speaking.

(Falwell for icky stuff, tax fraud and general disgrace, Eric Jr for refusing to appear for a subpoena on shady financial dealings).

GOP Convention slogan 2020:

“If you’re not indicted, you’re not invited!”

Last edited:
The GOP declares to the world that it is no longer a party of principles, of policies or even of people. It stands only for the complete and unquestioning obedience to one man, his abuse of power and his contempt for for the law.

You are describing every Obama liberal cultist at the same time.

The Democratic Party never declared that they only stand for the ideas of one man, whatever those ideas may be. I doubt it's ever been done in the history of political parties in this country,

???

What the party has put in writing is that it is whatever Trump says it is. Half the major speakers are members of his family. He's speaking every night.

He and everyone one else will know when Trump says so.

???

The reason there is no plan is that Trump doesn’t plan, he only reacts. Trump has given no thought whatsoever as to what he would do in his next term:
7c51b7deee304a818a7764831e812325.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Democratic Party never declared that they only stand for the ideas of one man, whatever those ideas may be. I doubt it's ever been done in the history of political parties in this country,

BS!

Obama sent shivers up and down the liberal girly men's legs throughout the country.

Any criticism of the Magic Man was a instant liberal pig piling flame fest on here.

Half the major speakers are members of his family.
???

Liberal posters are doing their own bad reporting, and then using the bad reporting to back up their own arguments.

We even had posters going on and on about how Mitch wasn’t speaking lol.

ANY real addressing the issues, would address covid. They cannot mention the death toll, in any meaningful way. They cannot mention how NOW we need to ramp up testing radically, to use convalescent therapy. Both early covid testing, and covid antibodies remnant test. Glad to have Trump sign on board. He is putting his big boy britches on. He had to coordinate a national effort to streamline testing, and blood product collecting.

What the party has put in writing is that it is whatever Trump says it is. Half the major speakers are members of his family. He's speaking every night.

So I suppose the GOP Party Platform is something like this?

Wow. Amazing. Amazing, thank you. So exciting. Do you notice what's missing tonight? Teleprompters! [APPLAUSE] No teleprompters. We don't want teleprompters. That would be so much easier: We read a speech for 45 minutes, everybody falls asleep listening to the same old stuff, the same old lies. So much easier. So, you know, I have a little debate coming up on Wednesday. [APPLAUSE] I hear my... let's call them opponents. Can I call them opponents? We're allowed to do that, right? You know, New York was very nice to you people last night, you know that, right? [LAUGHTER] Did they hand you that game? [APPLAUSE] They handed it! I said, I am going to have the friendliest audience -- sit down -- I am going to have the friendliest audience. So I wasn't sure, was I happy or was I sad? But Jerry Jones is a great guy, and he deserves everything he gets, frankly. [APPLAUSE] And you know, another great guy is Mark Cuban. [APPLAUSE] And I think, you know, he's been talking about maybe doing this himself. And I think he'd do a great job. We don't have the exact same feelings about where we're going, but that's okay. But Mark was great. You know, he called me, like, literally a few days ago, and he said, "You know, if you want to use the arena" -- which by the way is a beautiful arena [APPLAUSE] this a great arena -- and Dirk is a fantastic player [APPLAUSE] he's just a wonderful player -- and the Mavericks have been fantastic and it's just a great team -- but he said, "You know, if you want to use the arena." And I said, "Mark, when?" He said "How 'bout Monday night?" It's like, that was like in four days. And you had a big holiday in between. And he said, "They really like you in Dallas, they really like you in Texas, maybe you can get a lot of people." [APPLAUSE] Because we were coming here, and we thought maybe we'd get a thousand people, but we never get a thousand anymore, it's always, like, the same thing. You know, we went to Alabama. We started off with a 500-person ballroom. And after about two minutes -- look at all these guys -- paparazzi, look at this [LAUGHTER] we've got everybody here. We started off, by the way, with a 500-person ballroom, and after about two minutes the hotel called up begging for mercy. "We can't do it!" They were inundated, so we went to the convention center, and that was 10,000 and that was wiped out in about an hour. So we went to a stadium, we had 31,000 people, which is by far the largest, they say, like, ever, for an early primary, and that's probably true.[APPLAUSE]​

???

Liberal posters are doing their own bad reporting, and then using the bad reporting to back up their own arguments.

We even had posters going on and on about how Mitch wasn’t speaking lol.

It was Fox News reporting.

But save your crying because I think you’ll have a lot more to cry about later this week.

I wonder which speaker will get subpoenaed or indicted next?

2008c91dd6e5dcc7bf7bd082e8b35417.jpg

It was Fox News reporting.

But save your crying because I think you’ll have a lot more to cry about later this week.

I wonder which speaker will get subpoenaed or indicted next?

2008c91dd6e5dcc7bf7bd082e8b35417.jpg

Wow! several hotties in there.

So I suppose the GOP Party Platform is something like this?

Wow. Amazing. Amazing, thank you. So exciting. Do you notice what's missing tonight? Teleprompters! [APPLAUSE] No teleprompters. We don't want teleprompters. That would be so much easier: We read a speech for 45 minutes, everybody falls asleep listening to the same old stuff, the same old lies. So much easier. So, you know, I have a little debate coming up on Wednesday. [APPLAUSE] I hear my... let's call them opponents. Can I call them opponents? We're allowed to do that, right? You know, New York was very nice to you people last night, you know that, right? [LAUGHTER] Did they hand you that game? [APPLAUSE] They handed it! I said, I am going to have the friendliest audience -- sit down -- I am going to have the friendliest audience. So I wasn't sure, was I happy or was I sad? But Jerry Jones is a great guy, and he deserves everything he gets, frankly. [APPLAUSE] And you know, another great guy is Mark Cuban. [APPLAUSE] And I think, you know, he's been talking about maybe doing this himself. And I think he'd do a great job. We don't have the exact same feelings about where we're going, but that's okay. But Mark was great. You know, he called me, like, literally a few days ago, and he said, "You know, if you want to use the arena" -- which by the way is a beautiful arena [APPLAUSE] this a great arena -- and Dirk is a fantastic player [APPLAUSE] he's just a wonderful player -- and the Mavericks have been fantastic and it's just a great team -- but he said, "You know, if you want to use the arena." And I said, "Mark, when?" He said "How 'bout Monday night?" It's like, that was like in four days. And you had a big holiday in between. And he said, "They really like you in Dallas, they really like you in Texas, maybe you can get a lot of people." [APPLAUSE] Because we were coming here, and we thought maybe we'd get a thousand people, but we never get a thousand anymore, it's always, like, the same thing. You know, we went to Alabama. We started off with a 500-person ballroom. And after about two minutes -- look at all these guys -- paparazzi, look at this [LAUGHTER] we've got everybody here. We started off, by the way, with a 500-person ballroom, and after about two minutes the hotel called up begging for mercy. "We can't do it!" They were inundated, so we went to the convention center, and that was 10,000 and that was wiped out in about an hour. So we went to a stadium, we had 31,000 people, which is by far the largest, they say, like, ever, for an early primary, and that's probably true.[APPLAUSE]​

No! The actual platform is the exact same as 2016.

They just forgot that the platform includes these gems:

b7f100c2aaae934b13c4a4ecd6363a59.jpg

f6b3d18757f1266007327a563230e300.jpg

So incompetent.

You guys just cannot come to terms with the fact that Trump is an authoritarian who has molded the GOP into his own authoritarian image.

I sometimes pity Trump supporters.

BS!

Obama sent shivers up and down the liberal girly men's legs throughout the country.

Any criticism of the Magic Man was a instant liberal pig piling flame fest on here.

Neither Obama nor the Democratic Party ever required the kind of dumb, blind subservience that Trump now requires from the rank and file of the Republican Party.

I am astonished you cannot recognize this.

You literally have to pretend that Trump hasn't lied over 20,000 times.

Every time he lies or says something stupid you have to invent an entirely new reality to excuse or apologize for his statements.

Again, I pity Trump supporters. They thought they had a savior, but Trump was really a sort of anti-Christ, and now they are all burning in a living hell of lies and deceit.

Back
Top Bottom