• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The rise of domestic extremism in America

Silencing opposition through force is indeed a goal of the left.
Oh it's hardly unique to the left. The right is trying the same thing with their new voting laws. All under the guise of "election integrity", of course.

I merely suggest that we preempt such actions with our own.

Oh it's hardly unique to the left. The right is trying the same thing with their new voting laws. All under the guise of "election integrity", of course.

I merely suggest that we preempt such actions with our own.
These new voting laws are making it easier and more convenient to vote. The Orwellian attempts to misreport these laws is shameful.

These new voting laws are making it easier and more convenient to vote. The Orwellian attempts to misreport these laws is shameful.
Hmm, is that why they are restricting mail in voting, the easiest form of voting by far? Don't make me laugh. Republicans can't handle their own tactics being used against them, so I merely propose we raise the stakes.

Hmm, is that why they are restricting mail in voting, the easiest form of voting by far? Don't make me laugh. Republicans can't handle their own tactics being used against them, so I merely propose we raise the stakes.
In reality they have expanded the availability and time frame of mail in voting.

In reality they have expanded the availability and time frame of mail in voting.
And provided for water for voters waiting in line to vote.
And formalized drop boxes (which where set to expire with the CVOID emergency regulations.
And provided for weekend voting.
And, and, and . . . Nothing of 'voter suppression'. Nothing even remotely 'Jim Crow'.
Yet 'Jim Crow', water and 'voter suppression' is all shit the left throws at the wall, hoping their 'news' (political propagandist media can help make it stick.
🤬

And provided for water for voters waiting in line to vote.
And formalized drop boxes (which where set to expire with the CVOID emergency regulations.
And provided for weekend voting.
And, and, and . . . Nothing of 'voter suppression'. Nothing even remotely 'Jim Crow'.
Yet 'Jim Crow', water and 'voter suppression' is all shit the left throws at the wall, hoping their 'news' (political propagandist media can help make it stick.
🤬
The left’s misrepresentation of these new laws is shameful.

Completely false, the full text of the bill is publicly available. Section 25 on page 35 of the Georgia voting bill clearly states that the period for requesting an absentee ballot has been cut from 180 days to 78 days. The bill also mandates new ID requirements for absentee ballots, and bans universal mail in voting.

The changes in voting are due to their losing. It was fine the way it was when the GOP was winning. They lost. Trump has lied about the fraud and they have used this as an excuse to suppress the vote in around Fulton Co. and to disempower the SoS because he wouldn't "find" the votes Trump needed. If they had won, no changes would have been made. Its simple, its obvious.

Completely false, the full text of the bill is publicly available. Section 25 on page 35 of the Georgia voting bill clearly states that the period for requesting an absentee ballot has been cut from 180 days to 78 days. The bill also mandates new ID requirements for absentee ballots, and bans universal mail in voting.
Why on Earth would anyone need 6 months to request an absentee ballot?
Is 2 1/2 months an unreasonable restriction?
The text of the law cites the issues / concerns which were sought to be addressed:

101 but the enthusiasm of some outside groups in sending multiple absentee ballot applications
102 in 2020, often with incorrectly filled-in voter information, led to significant confusion by
103 electors. Clarifying the rules regarding absentee ballot applications will build elector
104 confidence while not sacrificing the opportunities for electors to participate in the process;
105 (9) The lengthy absentee ballot process also led to elector confusion, including electors
106 who were told they had already voted when they arrived to vote in person. Creating a
107 definite period of absentee voting will assist electors in understanding the election process
108 while also ensuring that opportunities to vote are not diminished, especially when many
109 absentee ballots issued in the last few days before the election were not successfully voted110or were returned late;

Evidently you’ve used CNN or MSNBC in an attempt to become informed.

Evidently you’ve used CNN or MSNBC in an attempt to become informed.
I read the actual text of the bill itself. Here it is, if you care to read it. Page 35 details the new restrictions and requirements for absentee ballots, page 36 prohibits universal mail in voting.

The text of the law cites the issues / concerns which were sought to be addressed:
101 but the enthusiasm of some outside groups in sending multiple absentee ballot applications​
102 in 2020, often with incorrectly filled-in voter information, led to significant confusion by​
103 electors. Clarifying the rules regarding absentee ballot applications will build elector​
104 confidence while not sacrificing the opportunities for electors to participate in the process;​
105 (9) The lengthy absentee ballot process also led to elector confusion, including electors​
106 who were told they had already voted when they arrived to vote in person. Creating a​
107 definite period of absentee voting will assist electors in understanding the election process​
108 while also ensuring that opportunities to vote are not diminished, especially when many​
109 absentee ballots issued in the last few days before the election were not successfully voted110or were returned late;​
So then you admit that the bill does in fact further restrict and limit the ability of electors to vote absentee by mail, from what was previously permitted?

So then you admit that the bill does in fact further restrict and limit the ability of electors to vote absentee by mail, from what was previously permitted?
Do you admit the following questions are reasonable?

The text of the law is pretty clear on the issue identified / reason for that part of the law.
Which part(s) of that are you having challenges with?​

Do you admit the following questions are reasonable?
Why on Earth would anyone need 6 months to request an absentee ballot?​
Is 2 1/2 months an unreasonable restriction?​
The text of the law is pretty clear on the issue identified / reason for that part of the law.​
Which part(s) of that are you having challenges with?​
No, I do not think that adding further restrictions to make mail in voting harder, is at all reasonable.

But I am glad that you are no longer pretending that the bill does not do that.

If you were alive during the 70s and eighties and you didn't see this coming then you're an idiot.

What the left wants is for anyone n the country, no matter who they are or their status, to have the ability to vote.

They don’t want the right to vote restricted to actual citizens who are legally registered.

No, I do not think that adding further restrictions to make mail in voting harder, is at all reasonable.
A 2 1/2 month period in which to request an absentee ballot is reasonable.
Claiming that this makes voting harder is unreasonable.
Claiming that this time period needs to be a longer time is unreasonable.
But I am glad that you are no longer pretending that the bill does not do that.
🤷‍♂️

What the left wants is for anyone n the country, no matter who they are or their status, to have the ability to vote.

They don’t want the right to vote restricted to actual citizens who are legally registered.
You say that like it would be a bad thing.

A 2 1/2 month period in which to request an absentee ballot is reasonable.
Claiming that this makes voting harder is unreasonable.
Claiming that this time period needs to be a longer time is unreasonable.

🤷‍♂️
It does make voting harder. Any new restrictions or limitations on the process, by definition, make it harder. I'm sorry that the concept of red tape is so unfamiliar to you, but that's not my problem.

Non-legal, non-legitimate voters voting is unreasonable, and against existing US law, is it not?
And yet you have no problem restricting "legal, legitimate" voters, simply because they have no ID. You have no moral high ground.

It does make voting harder. Any new restrictions or limitations on the process, by definition, make it harder.
'Any new restrictions or limitations on the process, by definition, make it harder. '
This isn't logical nor true nor reasonable. I already pointed out the considered reasoning of the State legislators as to concerns being addressed.
I'm sorry that the concept of red tape is so unfamiliar to you, but that's not my problem.
Eh?
Being a registered voter, showing my ID at the polling location the day of the election, I'm not facing 'red tape'.
All voters and polling locations should strive for this.

You say that like it would be a bad thing.
Again, the goal of the left is to allow everyone currently in the US for whatever reason the right to vote. They don’t cate if they are a citizen of the country or not.

They want no regulations or voting laws. Just open it up to anyone and everyone. They want ballots to be sent to every mail box in America and stacks of ballots to be placed on every street corner so anyone can fill one out and drop it in a mail box as many times as they want.

After all, laws and regulations are based on racism. Anyone who wants to secure our electoral process and restrict it to legally registered US citizens is a racist.

'Any new restrictions or limitations on the process, by definition, make it harder. '
This isn't logical nor true nor reasonable. I already pointed out the considered reasoning of the State legislators as to concerns being addressed.

Eh?
Being a registered voter, showing my ID at the polling location the day of the election, I'm not facing 'red tape'.
All voters and polling locations should strive for this.
So what you are saying is that legal, legitimate voters should be prevented from voting if they don't meet the new restrictions and ID requirements. But don't worry guys, he doesn't want to make voting harder XD

Back
Top Bottom