• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Right to Abort is the Moral Position

Rape harms another person and is illegal. Abortion does not. Good Lord.

Of course abortion harms another human. It kills them. 100% of the time. It's much more violent than rape which rarely kills its victim. Illegality is irrelevant since that is the whole point of the abortion discussion.

Is the person he is raping taking of his bodily functions prior to said rape? Since the answer can only be no, that is not a comparable example.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

The rape victim could be taking from the rapist in all kind of ways beforehand. But what does that have to do with the rape vs abortion? You're bringing in an unrelated factor.

The personal freedoms of the individual stop when the freedoms of others are reasonably harassed.

There you go. You have just explained why abortion is wrong. A woman can do what she wants to her body, but that freedom ends at the body of ANOTHER human.

It isn't. What's so sacred about it? If it were sacred, there'd be no wars, no death penalty and we'd not be allowed to kill in self defense.

Now we're getting to the nub of it. Pro-abortion folks don't care if it's a human life or not.

There you go. You have just explained why abortion is wrong. A woman can do what she wants to her body, but that freedom ends at the body of ANOTHER human.
A fetus has zero features of being a human individual other than basic cellular markers which indicates it is biologically human and at later stages basic physiological and anatomical markers of being a baby.

many people have proved to us that they don't think life is sacred.
If you hold life as sacred, you ought to support a woman's right to have an abortion because the only life involved in that situation is that of the pregnant woman's. If you object, you actually do not believe in the sanctity of life either, but rather in the sanctity of potential life. Which, in extension, means the sancitity of nothingness which, in turn, means that you do not believe in the concept of sanctity because you attribute it to that which does not exist.

If you hold life as sacred, you ought to support a woman's right to have an abortion because the only life involved in that situation is that of the pregnant woman's. If you object, you actually do not believe in the sanctity of life either, but rather in the sanctity of potential life. Which, in extension, means the sancitity of nothingness which, in turn, means that you do not believe in the concept of sanctity because you attribute it to that which does not exist.

and if you hold live sacred that includes people during a pandemic.

why aren't they?

Now we're getting to the nub of it. Pro-abortion folks don't care if it's a human life or not.

Your schtick of perpetual accusation and never any solutions is the technique of someone who simply enjoys the feeling of superiority that comes from condemning others. You have no solutions because you don't want to lose that brief but glorious superiority you feel when calling women immoral. Find some realistic solutions to the problems you think abortion creates or quit the ego massaging denigration of women.

Could you please speak more clearly? What are you trying to say? Spit it out and stop playing games.

i did

if life is sacred in the womb then it's certainly sacred for actual living and breathing humans.

i did

if life is sacred in the womb then it's certainly sacred for actual living and breathing humans.
My argument was never that life in the womb is sacred. I am not even religious, so I do not use such labels as "sacred". The only human life in this context is the woman.

Your schtick of perpetual accusation and never any solutions is the technique of someone who simply enjoys the feeling of superiority that comes from condemning others. You have no solutions because you don't want to lose that brief but glorious superiority you feel when calling women immoral. Find some realistic solutions to the problems you think abortion creates or quit the ego massaging denigration of women.

I already provided the step-by-step solution.

A fetus has zero features of being a human individual other than basic cellular markers which indicates it is biologically human and at later stages basic physiological and anatomical markers of being a baby.

A fetus has it's entire set of chromosomes the same as an adult. The only difference is stage of development. Nothing else.

A fetus has it's entire set of chromosomes the same as an adult. The only difference is stage of development. Nothing else.
The same goes for a recently deceased person. Level and quality of consciousness is one of the key predictors of human worth.

The same goes for a recently deceased person. Level and quality of consciousness is one of the key predictors of human worth.

We obviously aren't talking about dead people.

is there no one in here up for a serious discussion?

We obviously aren't talking about dead people.

is there no one in here up for a serious discussion?
Don't try to run away. Address the actual proposition, namely that consciousness, roughly speaking, is the predictor worth, not whether or not we can heuristically classify something as "human" or being "alive".

Don't try to run away. Address the actual proposition, namely that consciousness, roughly speaking, is the predictor worth, not whether or not we can heuristically classify something as "human" or being "alive".

No. Consciousness is not a determinant of worth. The life of someone in a vegetative state is just as valuable as anyone else's. Your bringing up dead people is a silly diversion.

No. Consciousness is not a determinant of worth. The life of someone in a vegetative state is just as valuable as anyone else's. Your bringing up dead people is a silly diversion.
I suppose that is where we fundamentally disagree then and we will probably never convince one another.

I suppose that is where we fundamentally disagree then and we will probably never convince one another.

What if your wife was in a vegetative state, i.e. coma, then she snapped out of it. Was she unworthy of life while she was in the coma?

What if your wife was in a vegetative state, i.e. coma, then she snapped out of it. Was she unworthy of life while she was in the coma?
We live life forwards but understand it backwards.

All of a sudden we.are.full of abortion threads

Poor pro lifers are beating their heads against the wall

Many vote republican thinking they are pro life. But like all the other campaign rhetoric coming from republicans in the end they never accomplish anything on the pro life agenda. Republicans = tax cuts for the rich and deregulation that increases.corporate.profits.

A woman's right to choose is settled law. Your arguments are all emotional. Until you get the law changed you can only rant on forums. Even if you do get the law changed you won't stop abortion. You will just make it.more.dangerous for the woman.

Back
Top Bottom