• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The right just doesn't get it yet

Considering we are in a pandemic that has killed 200,000 Americans, Trump's rallies are nothing more than evidence of his base's utter stupidity and lack of concern for others.

it also will help to bring out the anti Trump vote

not all people are deplorable, some folks are pretty upset with Trump's sociopathic actions

I don't think the right realizes that this country won't go for the Trump/Putin ticket again. and that as time goes on less and less people believe anything Trump says , 22000 lies in just his time in office will do that. I think this ones in the bag. His only tool left is bringing his armed goons to the voting places or call these goons to arms to kill for him. He would do this and they would comply.
We get posts like this even after Russia collusion was completely disproven. It just shows how many cultists never poke their head out into the real world.

There is no evidence anywhere even close to enough Donald Trump supporters exist to give him a win this year. But there is mounting evidence he has been losing his own voter base, with many Republicans endorsing Joe Biden or announcing they will vote for Joe Biden just because they hate Trump. Some states that were reliably red for decades are turning purple or blue. Trump barely won Pennsylvania, Biden's home state, and the Midwestern swing states.
Sure there is. you keep citing it and ignoring the implications.

No, that is not evidence at all. Voting is anonymous, so there will be many shy Republicans voting for Joe Biden.
Which is about as relevant as the average weight on an egg yolk--not at all.

Have more or fewer people attended Trump rallies in 2020 than 2016? That could be evidence too. Of course there is the non existent hoax virus to explain the difference in attendance. How many of the people at a recent rally voted for Trump in 2016? How many voted for Hillary? There's more "evidence". Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes in 2016. He will lose it by more than twice that in 2020.
We will see. There is strong reason to believe Biden will underperform Hillary.

It looks like Pennsylvania is definitely going Blue this time.
Looks like and definitely don't go together. It looks like you are jumping the gun.

As as long as the Upper Midwest leans blue
You mean red. The upper midwest was red in 2016.

Hey...LOOK UP!! Yeah...that's my point sailing right over your head.
Again...a person who either deliberately ignores a point...or is incapable of understanding a point. Moving on...
You do not appear surprised.

Are you honestly comparing a rally for a politician to a protest against racial injust?
Why not? That's why you support candidates and have political rallies.

There are some key differences though.
This is true. BLM and Antifa rallies are more astroturf than grass roots.

There are no indoor Black Lives Matter protests. They are outside, in parks, and on the streets. Mask usage is much, much higher at Black Lives Matter protests than at Trump rallies. A Klansman has first amendment protections just like someone that protests racial injustice has, so I am not sure what your point there is.
Did you just invite the Klan to attend a BLM function?

It sounds like the country has its own Trump hatred and that’s why he’s down 7-9 nationally.
Definitely. The Democrats are the party of hatred right now.

well, we know he cannot win the vote
there is a rather small chance he could win the electoral college
If he does win the EC and we again find ourselves under minority rule, look for mass protests
if he loses both, and refuses to leave, look for a possible armed conflict, certainly rioting across the country on a massive scale.

1) What makes you think President Trump cannot win the popular vote? Bush lost the popular vote and came back in 2004 to win the popular vote and the electoral.
2) Why protest when a candidate wins under the rules that both sides agree to abide by prior to the election. Want the popular vote to count, pass a constitutional amendment.

3) Why would he "refuse to leave"? You know that it doesn't matter whether he "leaves" or not. Unless he wins the electoral vote then at 12 noon on January 20th, 2021 he no longer is president. His PIN to activate the nuclear launch controls (the football) will no longer work and all other presidential powers he has will go to the winner of electoral vote anyway. Whether he chooses to "squat" in the White House until the Secret Service extricates him makes no difference aside from making himself look like a staggering and possibly mentally ill fool. Certainly nothing that is going to cause armed conflict and rioting.

because he is a piece of shit sociopath

Even a sociopath would recognize that there was no point in remaining and it was impossible to "win" in such a situation.

Your claim basically comes down to "Trump is a bad man. Trump will do bad things".

Even a sociopath would recognize that there was no point in remaining and it was impossible to "win" in such a situation.

Your claim basically comes down to "Trump is a bad man. Trump will do bad things".

We already have proof of that. His intentions are always pretty upfront, no? It’s always about personal beneift.

OMFG, you are just being a pest. You know I did not mean that he simply would lose and on January 20th not walk out the door.

Christ, he has thousands of lawyers in place just to stop counts and thrown this into the senate or SCOTUS.

Depending how things go he may declare martial law.

now go away with your superficial buffoonery.

thanks

OMFG, you are just being a pest. You know I did not mean that he simply would lose and on January 20th not walk out the door.

Christ, he has thousands of lawyers in place just to stop counts and thrown this into the senate or SCOTUS.

Depending how things go he may declare martial law.

now go away with your superficial buffoonery.

thanks

Contested election does not go to the Senate. It is voted on in the House of Representatives. I doubt President Trump would gain any advantage there.

And what good would declaring martial law do? It would have no effect on the counting or certification of the ballot count.

My point is the double standard. There is plenty of improper or no mask usage and social distancing to be seen in the protests, and I've seen Trump rallies outside with physical distancing and mask wearing in effect. Maybe they both contribute to cases, maybe they don't, it doesn't matter. They are both entitled to the 1st amendment. Trump rallies are OK, and lawful peaceful protests are OK, or neither are OK.

You are arguing a strawman. Whether or not Trump chooses to have campaign rallies where he puts unmasked people into close proximity to each other has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment other than we all free to be douchebags if we want to be.

Contested election does not go to the Senate. It is voted on in the House of Representatives. I doubt President Trump would gain any advantage there.

And what good would declaring martial law do? It would have no effect on the counting or certification of the ballot count.

I misspoke, you are correct but Trump does win in the house. It is one vote per state not each rep gets a votes and their are more republican states

I misspoke, you are correct but Trump does win there. It is one vote per state not each rep gets a votes and their are more republican states

But you ignore the obvious. It only goes to the House for that kind of vote IF, IF, no candidate gets the required 270 electoral votes. Don't know who will win but I'm reasonably sure it is all but impossible for either Biden or Trump to fail to get 270 electoral votes.

You are arguing a strawman. Whether or not Trump chooses to have campaign rallies where he puts unmasked people into close proximity to each other has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment other than we all free to be douchebags if we want to be.

we have no freedom to ignore existing law

But you ignore the obvious. It only goes to the House for that kind of vote IF, IF, no candidate gets the required 270 electoral votes. Don't know who will win but I'm reasonably sure it is all but impossible for either Biden or Trump to fail to get 270 electoral votes.

the point is, TRump will muddy the waters so bad that any eventuality is possible

Just straight out garbage, from ashes.
His hate group won't wear masks because they think their rights are more important then our lives and the democrats are willing to protect their neighbors from this plague a plague where his god and leader killed thousand with his ugliness, He killed many thousands , he is totally responsible for those deaths. His pond scum leader is a piece of shit, the bastard doesn't even pay taxes in this country. He milks this country for all it is worth and **** everyone else.

the point is, TRump will muddy the waters so bad that any eventuality is possible

You say that, despite the Democrats being the only party to do so in the past 20 years......why ?

You say that, despite the Democrats being the only party to do so in the past 20 years......why ?

Why do people ask trolling questions? Oh yeah, to troll.

Why do people ask trolling questions? Oh yeah, to troll.

It's the truth, no trolling involved....but I get it, you either don't know it, or can't face it, so you have to call it something else.

It's the truth, no trolling involved....but I get it, you either don't know it, or can't face it, so you have to call it something else.

go away with this horse shit. You, I everyone in this country has heard Trump speak to his intent.

go away with this horse shit. You, I everyone in this country has heard Trump speak to his intent.

Got it, so Trump says something, OMG the world is falling, the Democrats actually do something....nothing to see here,

Glad to see your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

He speaks quite a bit about his intent. Unfortunately he speaks quite a bit.

Got it, so Trump says something, OMG the world is falling, the Democrats actually do something....nothing to see here,

Glad to see your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

a cult does not provide objective analysis

no president nor candidte has ever talked or set the stage as has Trump and you know it... it's just blind cult behavior to play stupid.

a cult does not provide objective analysis

no president nor candidte has ever talked or set the stage as has Trump and you know it... it's just blind cult behavior to play stupid.

Is this why you aren't objective at all?

I don't think the right realizes that this country won't go for the Trump/Putin ticket again.

If the Democratic Party had actually run a good ticket, I would agree with you. But they are running one of the worst tickets in my lifetime.

I don't think you realize that enough people throughout the country reject your Trump-hatred enough to reelect Trump.
Prove it. The polls don't agree with your fantasy. Trump is losing bigly.

Is this why you aren't objective at all?

I knew I would get the 2nd grad response from your post to this. LOL

go away, your golden idol is slime and you posting stupid does not change that.

Back
Top Bottom