• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Right’s Climate Change Shame

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Great article by Andrew Sullivan.

The Right?s Climate Change Shame

I’m relieved, I suppose, that Trump officials didn’t actually suppress, censor, or doctor volume two of the Fourth National Climate Assessment. All they did was release it on the Friday after Thanksgiving, suggesting that somewhere deep in what passes for someone’s conscience in this putrid presidency, some residual shame might linger. One of the more innovative arguments of the report was even pitched to the bottom line: high projections expect to knock ten percent off U.S. GDP this century — more than two Great Recessions put together. And so the last teetering argument of the carbon polluters and their enablers — that preventing climate catastrophe will cost jobs and reduce growth — was proven void once again. Au contraire, it turns out. There have been more jobs in solar energy in the U.S. since 2015 than in oil or natural gas extraction. Maybe a decade ago, the expense of wind and solar was a major obstacle and expense for a non-carbon future. Not any more.

Except that opposition to AGW claims has nothing to do with right or left.

Except that opposition to AGW claims has nothing to do with right or left.

That gets to be less true as the New Left increasingly demands strict obedience to the dogma handed down from on high in order to be a member of the New Religion.

That gets to be less true as the New Left increasingly demands strict obedience to the dogma handed down from on high in order to be a member of the New Religion.

Fear not. Trump and the new right are fearlessly rolling us back to the good old days of acid rain, killer smog and burning rivers.

Fear not. Trump and the new right are fearlessly rolling us back to the good old days of acid rain, killer smog and burning rivers.

You lost the thread.....that quote was about how the Left is increasingly and anti-freedom religion...perhaps best described as a cult.

Talk to me about that if you want to use that quote.

The Right’s Climate Change Shame
Is the current manifestation of the right capable of that emotion? I don't see much evidence of its being so.

Is the current manifestation of the right capable of that emotion? I don't see much evidence of its being so.

Shame has been so over used and abused that it works almost no place anymore.

Great article by Andrew Sullivan.

The Right?s Climate Change Shame

The real shame is that some on the left lump all of the right together and do nothing but grow the hateful divide in our country by adding more and more hate.

Those that gain satisfaction by the hurt of others, have a clinical name for that satisfaction.

The real shame is that some on the left lump all of the right together and do nothing but grow the hateful divide in our country by adding more and more hate.

Those that gain satisfaction by the hurt of others, have a clinical name for that satisfaction.

It is not so much that....it is that they are a mess of bad education and emotional problems and it has to be someone elses fault because it cant be theirs because that would mean that they are not awesome as they have been assured that they are. Instead of working to fix themselves they work to control their environment, control others, rob others of our freedoms.

UTOPIA DEMANDS!

Last edited:

But... it’s almost exclusively a right wing American phenomenon.

And it’s not really hate that’s the issue, it’s the potential impending destruction of civilization as we know it.

Guess reading the article was too hard for you.

And it’s not really hate that’s the issue, it’s the potential impending destruction of civilization as we know it.

If it helps you to believe that, then I can ignore it.

The most important scientific opponents of AGW orthodoxy are neither American nor right wing.

Perhaps you can link some facts behind your slander please?

So since you obviously read the 196 pages of the report, care to tell us your perspective instead of what the Intelligencer wants us to believe?

You whine every time I post my perspective.

And now you want it again?

Didn’t get enough poutrage in your diet this week?

You whine every time I post my perspective.

And now you want it again?

Didn’t get enough poutrage in your diet this week?

Well, I'm sure you have the integrity to have found the link, and read at least part of it, instead of regurgitating material without validation, right?

After all, only a fool takes an agenda driven site at their words.

In what way(s)?

No kidding. I never heard him speak of rolling back to 70's regulations.

The consistent thread through almost all of the opposition to Trump is that it is based in misinformation, lies and anger.

In the USA and predominantly around the world outside of China, India and Russia, it "feels" like mankind has cleaned up his collective mess better than at any other earlier point.

The consistent thread through almost all of the opposition to Trump is that it is based in misinformation, lies and anger.

In the USA and predominantly around the world outside of China, India and Russia, it "feels" like mankind has cleaned up his collective mess better than at any other earlier point.

Except for the gigatons and gigatons of CO2 we are releasing into the atmosphere.

Not sure if you’ve followed the story, but it’s kind of s big deal. At least for people based in reality.

Back
Top Bottom