• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Right’s Climate Change Shame

That, if you had any memory, is plainly the Greenland ice core data.

It was un-sourced and not labeled and it was presented as if it was the global temperature. If it's based on the Greenland GISP2 dataset, it ended in 1855 not 2000. Someone has plonked something on the end, but who knows what as there is no source or any other information.

Do you also not see the uselessness and dishonesty of using one local temperature dataset to represent the average temperature of the entire planet?

Climate truthers are gullible and stupid enough to believe any old crap.

Last edited:
Showing off your ignorance again?

That's a chart made from an ice sheet in Greenland.

You always have yours on full display.

I know it was likely to be the GISP2 dataset as climate truthers often use it with fake labels and stupidly present it as if it's global temperature.

Odd, you didn't seem to have any problem with such an un-sourced poorly labeled graph when you would normally throw a fit. Hypocritical much?

Last edited:
They did what Mann did.

Spliced proxy data with thermometer data.

Why are you against the same thing Mann did?

Hypocritical much?

Mann did not misrepresent the data. It was clearly explained.

Flogger's un-sourced graphic has no proper labels and no explanation of the source of the data it was based on.

It was clearly created to fool gullible idiots into believing it was global. It certainly fooled flogger.

So according to your source-less blog graph, you obviously think the 'present temp' of the planet is about MINUS 30C? Really? :lamo

Good grief, climate truthers just aren't very smart.

Thats Greenland ice core temperatures .... you know, from the same North Pole thats supposedly threatened with total meltdown? Taken from Kobayashi 2011 a study subsequently suppressed online for contradicting the AGW mantra even though it was based on empirical evidence (not climate models).

If you don't like that graph here are the GISP2 ice core temperatures for the last 10K years showing just how normal todays climate really is despite the alarmist hype to the contrary

GISP210klarge.jpg

Thats Greenland ice core temperatures .... you know, from the same North Pole thats supposedly threatened with total meltdown? Taken from Kobayashi 2011 a study subsequently suppressed online for contradicting the AGW mantra even though it was based on empirical evidence (not climate models).

If you don't like that graph here are the GISP2 ice core temperatures for the last 10K years showing just how normal todays climate really is despite the alarmist hype to the contrary

View attachment 67246047

The Greenland GISP2 dataset ended in 1855 so shows nothing about 'today's climate' or global average temperatures.

I have to laugh at your graphic in this post because it actually contradicts and debunks what you are claiming and you don't even realize it. (See where the little + sign and the year 2009 is?). I recognize that graphic as one that was actually used to debunk Don Easterbrook's dishonest blog graphs which Tim Ball also later cribbed and used dishonestly on WUWT blog). :3oops: How embarrassing.

Climate truthers do seem to like recycling their blog rubbish. And the best type of garbage is the garbage that takes itself out.
;)

You also really don't get the difference between regional and global do you?

Also please provide links to the sources of your graphics. Whats your purpose in posting poorly labeled un-sourced graphics clearly from blogs and not from the published literature?

Last edited:
And the Greenland GISP2 dataset ended in 1855 so shows nothing about 'today's climate' or global average temperatures. (I have to laugh at your graphic in this post because it actually contradicts what you are claiming and you don't even realize it)

You really don't get the difference between regional and global do you?

Also please provide links to the sources of your graphics. Whats your purpose in posting poorly labeled un-sourced graphics clearly from blogs and not from the published literature?

All my graphics are from published literature much of it suppressed due to current climate change orthodoxy . There is nothing wrong with todays climate whatsoever .... more

Ice Cores

All my graphics are from published literature much of it suppressed due to current climate change orthodoxy . There is nothing wrong with todays climate whatsoever .... more

Ice Cores

No, the graphics you have posted are not from the 'published literature', they are from some random blog you have yet to link to.
And the blog link you gave does not show the 2 graphics you posted.

No, the graphics you have posted are not from the 'published literature', they are from some random blog you have yet to link to.
And the blog link you gave does not show the 2 graphics you posted.

So why are you so desperate to believe that unless a substantial proportion of the human race get culled its ever going to make these graphs look differently ?

So why are you so desperate to believe that unless a substantial proportion of the human race get culled its ever going to make these graphs look differently ?

WTF? I've never posted anything like that. Go away with yer lying nonsense.

WTF? I've never posted anything like that. Go away with yer lying nonsense.

But unless humans live in politically corrected impoverishment what choice does humanity have once the world becomes too 'precious' for us to exist upon it as a consequence of our sins

But unless humans live in politically corrected impoverishment what choice does humanity have once the world becomes too 'precious' for us to exist upon it as a consequence of our sins

What are you even talking about and what does it have to do with you posting un-sourced poorly labeled blog graphs?

What are you even talking about and what does it have to do with you posting un-sourced poorly labeled blog graphs?

It has to do primarly with green guilt .... and I'm not guilty however much you insist I should be

It has to do primarly with green guilt .... and I'm not guilty however much you insist I should be

What the heck are you raving about? All I was doing was criticizing your poorly labeled un-sourced graphics.

I'm not interested in discussing your paranoid conspiracy delusions with you. You're all over the place.

What the heck are you raving about? All I was doing was criticizing your poorly labeled un-sourced graphics.

I'm not interested in discussing your paranoid conspiracy delusions with you. You're all over the place.

He’s a bit... affected.

He’s been absent a few months. I think he just regained internet access.

He’s a bit... affected.

There an element of "fling any old **** against a wall and see if any of it sticks" feeling to his posts. When none of it sticks, he just turns around, drops his pants, and bares his butt at you.

He’s a bit... affected.

Your day is done its only you that doesnt realise that thats why I rarely post here now. This crap peaked in 2007 and the public dont believe this tripe any more and aren't going to give you their money . Find another vehicle for your envy comrade :roll:

Jack Hays, to whom os88 was replying, has claimed on many occasions that the Earth is cooling rather than warming. His sanity is a matter of opinion.

The globe seems to be warming recently and is already back to the warmth of about 5000 years ago.

The warming and cooling during the Holocene seems to be marked by pretty dramatic temperature swings up and down. The greatest and most dramatic seems to have occurred to end of the most recent Ice Age.

The data track in this study seems to have little to do with the internal combustion engine.

Of course, this is real science, so it should probably be ignored.

climate4you welcome
<snip>
The last 11,000 years (red square in diagram above) of this climatic development is shown in greater detail in the diagram below (Fig.3), representing the main part of the present interglacial period.

GISP2%20TemperatureSince10700%20BP%20with%20CO2%20from%20EPICA%20DomeC.gif

Fig.3. The upper panel shows the air temperature at the summit of the Greenland Ice Sheet, reconstructed by Alley (2000) from GISP2 ice core data. The time scale shows years before modern time. The rapid temperature rise to the left indicate the final part of the even more pronounced temperature increase following the last ice age. The temperature scale at the right hand side of the upper panel suggests a very approximate comparison with the global average temperature (see comment below). The GISP2 record ends around 1854, and the two graphs therefore ends here. There has since been an temperature increase to about the same level as during the Medieval Warm Period and to about 395 ppm for CO[SUB]2[/SUB]. The small reddish bar in the lower right indicate the extension of the longest global temperature record (since 1850), based on meteorological observations (HadCRUT3). The lower panel shows the past atmospheric CO[SUB]2[/SUB] content, as found from the EPICA Dome C Ice Core in the Antarctic (Monnin et al. 2004). The Dome C atmospheric CO[SUB]2[/SUB] record ends in the year 1777.

It was un-sourced and not labeled and it was presented as if it was the global temperature. If it's based on the Greenland GISP2 dataset, it ended in 1855 not 2000. Someone has plonked something on the end, but who knows what as there is no source or any other information.

Do you also not see the uselessness and dishonesty of using one local temperature dataset to represent the average temperature of the entire planet?

Climate truthers are gullible and stupid enough to believe any old crap.

Well, if you want a different proxy how about this;

https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1365-2745.13077

The tree line ecotone was located at the cave altitude from 5,700 to 4,650 cal year bp, when vegetation consisted of open Pinus uncinata Ramond ex DC and Betula spp. Woodlands and timberline were very close to the site. Subsequently, tree line slightly raised and timberline reached the ice cave altitude, exceeding its today's uppermost limit by c. 300–400 m during more than four centuries (4,650 and 4,200 cal year bp) at the end of the Holocene Thermal Maximum. After 4,200 cal year bp, alpine tundra communities dominated by Dryas octopetala L. expanded while tree line descended, most likely as a consequence of the Neoglacial cooling. Prehistoric livestock raising likely reinforced climate cooling impacts at 3,450–3,250 cal year bp. Finally, a tree line ecotone developed around the cave that was on its turn replaced by alpine communities during the past 2,000 years.

Today's temperatures are not out othe ordinary within this interglacial.

400m increase in tree line altitude would very strongly imply a +2c over today's climate.

The right has no shame, just look at the dumb comments on this thread. Of course, nothing on topic, just deflections and dumb one liners

The current interglacial seems to be the coolest in the last half million years. Of course, this interglacial has Jack Nicholson, so that's pretty cool...

So far, no evidence of Anthropogenic influences in the previous, warmer interglacials.

Care to weigh in on what causes this coolest of all interglacials in the face of the overpowering Anthropogenic influences that will overpower all of the world's natural systems?

<snip>
The last four glacial periods and interglacial periods are shown in the diagram below (Fig.2), covering the last 420,000 years in Earth's climatic history.

VostokTemp0-420000%20BP.gif

Fig.2. Reconstructed global temperature over the past 420,000 years based on the Vostok ice core from the Antarctica (Petit et al. 2001). The record spans over four glacial periods and five interglacials, including the present. The horizontal line indicates the modern temperature. The red square to the right indicates the time interval shown in greater detail in the following figure.

The point of the graph is that El Nino and La Nina have had some effect. But the overall upward trend continues.

The overall upward trend is measured from a cherry picked point in time.

Cherry picking other points in time can produce an overall downward trend.

Increased risk of wildfires. More severe flooding, hurricanes, droughts. Higher sea levels, with associated high tidal floods of coastal cities. Agriculture - might be better in some areas. Other areas - more insect invasion, fungi, etc.

Are you saying that none of these perils existed before the rise in CO2 since 1800?

I seem to recall some story about Noah based on the fables from virtually every society on the planet about a "great flood" that afflicted each of those societies.

In grade school, I was impressed by a map of American Indian settlements found by the Conquistadors and then of the American Indian Settlements remaining during the Manifest Destiny Expansion of the 1800's.

The number of Indian settlements had decreased dramatically over the years, but what impressed me was that the first map of settlements were NOT in places like New Orleans or Miami Beach.

I couldn't understand why those dumb Indians would not live on the coast in the prime real estate areas.

Having watched the hurricane footage on the Weather Channel, those Dumb Indians seem to have figured out what we just can't seem to get our heads around. The Coast is a dangerous place to live.

So is a desert in the midst of kindling and tinder on the ground and the valley directly below the hillside about to become a mud slide.

Duh...

Last edited:
Tim, regional isn't global.

So when proxies show a +2c over now in both the Greenland ice core and Alpine it is to be denied.

When all other proxies show the same sort of thing they can all be called local.

But when one tree shows something different it is a global catastrophy.

It really is like a version of Groundhog Day where Bill Murray learned absolutely nothing.

When will climate truthers learn that regional is not global and stop misusing the Greenland GISP2 dataset which ended in 1855.

Why do they rarely use graphs from a reliable source instead of blog graphics which are often faked or labeled poorly to fool the gullible?
They must really want to remain ignorant and be lied to.

Back
Top Bottom