• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Riddle of Epicurus

Dezaad said:
Then God doesn't exist, because evil does.

And what is wrong with that? Is not the pot made with the feature of rational thought? I know that in Romans the Bible tries to preclude this sort of criticism of God. But, then, the entire Christian racket attempts to force humankind into a mental straitjacket, of which this passage in Romans is a perfect example. Thank God I don't believe the Bible...

Besides. You're getting awfully close to the part where God is so arrogant he becomes a Calvinist. You sure you want to bring that passage up in a thread about the Riddle of Epicurus?
God didn't make evil. Evil is only something that comes along that you disagree with. For instance, you might as well call me evil, because you disagree with me. Fine. Doesn't change the fact that your question is still flawed.

You say you don't believe the Bible. That's interesting, because I know it exists. I think you mean to say you don't believe someone's interpretation of various parts of it. Me neither...

God did make evil, or caused it, but it is necessary. God understands that, and we should too i guess.

You say you don't believe the Bible. That's interesting, because I know it exists.

I think what he meant is that he doesn't believe in the Bible. He never questioned whether the book existed or not.

nkgupta80 said:
God did make evil, or caused it, but it is necessary. God understands that, and we should too i guess.

I think what he meant is that he doesn't believe in the Bible. He never questioned whether the book existed or not.
You didn't read the rest of my reply. I said he must have meant to say he disagrees with someone's (or anyone's) interpretation of it. I disagree with a lot of people too.

How do you know God made evil? How do you know it exists? I said earlier that I believe evil is nothing more than the absence of goodness. Both are relative terms. It all rests on what we call evil or good. Whether a thing can be evil or good depends on our opinion, not on any objective reality...

Imudman said:
God didn't make evil. Evil is only something that comes along that you disagree with. For instance, you might as well call me evil, because you disagree with me. Fine. Doesn't change the fact that your question is still flawed.

You say you don't believe the Bible. That's interesting, because I know it exists. I think you mean to say you don't believe someone's interpretation of various parts of it. Me neither...

And you disagree with me, doesn't that mean evil exists? Your definition of evil is what is flawed, for it forces you immediately into a contradiction.

No, I mean to say I don't believe the Bible. It is not a refutation, nor even a pseudo-refutation, of my lack of belief to say that the Bible exists. It would have been a pseudo-refutation if I had said "I don't believe IN the Bible", which I did not.

In any case, it is not someone else's interpretation of the Bible with which I disagree, except in the overarching situation where the interpretation under consideration is from a language to another language, from one culture to another, and from ancient world to modern, and it is flawed. When these things are taken into account, it is more rational to dispense with the Bible altogether, and treat it as the historical oddity it is.

Are you saying that good and evil are an illusion?

Imudman, how do you reconcile the two definitions of evil you have offered:

Evil is the absence of good.

Evil is that which exists for one person when s/he disagrees with another.

Dezaad said:
And you disagree with me, doesn't that mean evil exists? Your definition of evil is what is flawed, for it forces you immediately into a contradiction.
No, it means someone might call our disagreement evil. Doesn't mean evil actually exists. Merely concieving of and naming a thing doesn't bring it into existence. And there's no contradiction, since there is no objective proof that evil exists.
No, I mean to say I don't believe the Bible. It is not a refutation, nor even a pseudo-refutation, of my lack of belief to say that the Bible exists. It would have been a pseudo-refutation if I had said "I don't believe IN the Bible", which I did not.
Then I don't understand what you mean when you say you don't believe the Bible. I don't believe IN the Bible either. I do believe most of what it says as I understand it. But I also know I'm a fallible human being so I can misunderstand things.
In any case, it is not someone else's interpretation of the Bible with which I disagree, except in the overarching situation where the interpretation under consideration is from a language to another language, from one culture to another, and from ancient world to modern, and it is flawed. When these things are taken into account, it is more rational to dispense with the Bible altogether, and treat it as the historical oddity it is.
Fair enough. I meant no disrespect, but I guess I just misunderstood what you were saying...

Dezaad said:
Imudman, how do you reconcile the two definitions of evil you have offered:

Evil is the absence of good.

Evil is that which exists for one person when s/he disagrees with another.
All I'm saying is that a person can call something evil, but it doesn't mean evil actually exists. If calling something evil makes it exist, then that is tantamount to saying any idea we think of can be called into being merely by thinking of it and naming it. You can't see it, touch it, taste it, smell, or hear it. You can't quantify concepts.

Evil is merely our idea that something isn't good, about which any number of disagreements can arise. Same goes for the concept of goodness. But I qualify my perception of goodness by what I believe in, that is God, who made only good things. I don't think God made evil things. If there is a thing that is evil, it is our idea that we can question the things brought into existence and call them evil...

nkgupta80 said:
Are you saying that good and evil are an illusion?
No, I'm saying they are merely perceptions of reality, not reality in and of themeselves...

Imudman said:
You didn't read the rest of my reply. I said he must have meant to say he disagrees with someone's (or anyone's) interpretation of it. I disagree with a lot of people too.

How do you know God made evil? How do you know it exists? I said earlier that I believe evil is nothing more than the absence of goodness. Both are relative terms. It all rests on what we call evil or good. Whether a thing can be evil or good depends on our opinion, not on any objective reality...

How can we be sure that goodness is not the absence of evil? Which ever way, it exists, so if a god has the authority to prevent it, and does not, then that god is malevolent.

Imudman said:
If you believe the creation story of the Bible, then you realize that in the beginning, the world was perfect. Adam and Eve could've chosen to do good, but instead chose to disobey. That wasn't good, hence we call it evil...
And, as has been said here before, God knew exactly what they'd choose so their choice didn't really exist.
By the way, I don't think God's motivation for punishing them was only their disobedience.
God banished them from Eden because, having eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he did not want them to also eat of the tree of life and become gods themselves. In effect, he didn't want the competition.

Imudman said:
... You can't see it, touch it, taste it, smell, or hear it. You can't quantify concepts.

Evil is merely our idea that something isn't good, about which any number of disagreements can arise. Same goes for the concept of goodness. But I qualify my perception of goodness by what I believe in, that is God, who made only good things. I don't think God made evil things. If there is a thing that is evil, it is our idea that we can question the things brought into existence and call them evil

Does Christianity exist? Democracy? Tyranny? Freedom?

The fact that you can't 'quantify' concepts lends no support for your first definition of evil. In fact, there can't be a physical absence of something that is 'merely' a concept, so the fact that concepts can't be quantified tends to sap support for the notion that evil is the absence of good.

When people say that a concept such as evil or good 'exists' they're not saying that it has a physical presence. They're saying that the laws of the Universe were set up such that an intelligence can have certain thoughts, and and can take actions based on those thoughts to affect other things and intelligences in the Universe.

In any case, the Riddle of Epicurus seems to assume that evil exists. It says that, if evil does exist, then these other things may be said about the nature of God. Most importantly, the religions that embrace the notion that evil exists must be answerable to the riddle, and they survive or fail as concepts according to their ability to satisfactorily address it.

alex said:
How can we be sure that goodness is not the absence of evil? Which ever way, it exists, so if a god has the authority to prevent it, and does not, then that god is malevolent.
We can't be sure in an objective sense. Since it is impossible to quantify good and evil, then we know they are merely subjective concepts. In keeping with my belief system, I subjectively presuppose a singular Creator who created only good things. Therefore, since my belief is that only God has the power to create, and he created only good things, then evil must be something that doesn't exist.

You sound like you believe in a creator who created only evil things. Fine. But if you are calling the Creator malevolent, then you agree with his actions, which means they are good. To me, that means you are calling my belief good, which is evil, which means your evil is good, which in turn means not preventing evil from happening is a good thing, which is evil, which is what your creator would want to happen anyway, which is good, and we're all going to explode if I keep with this line of reasoning. LOL!

Imudman said:
We can't be sure in an objective sense. Since it is impossible to quantify good and evil, then we know they are merely subjective concepts. In keeping with my belief system, I subjectively presuppose a singular Creator who created only good things. Therefore, since my belief is that only God has the power to create, and he created only good things, then evil must be something that doesn't exist.

Is intentional and malicious killing a good thing? If only a god has the power to create, and they only create good things, then killing would be a good thing. If a creator only made good things then why are there ten commandments? If they consider all things to be good, then why impose guidelines on people? If a god is able and willing to prevent evil, then where did evil come from?

Imudman said:
You sound like you believe in a creator who created only evil things. Fine. But if you are calling the Creator malevolent, then you agree with his actions, which means they are good. To me, that means you are calling my belief good, which is evil, which means your evil is good, which in turn means not preventing evil from happening is a good thing, which is evil, which is what your creator would want to happen anyway, which is good, and we're all going to explode if I keep with this line of reasoning. LOL!

I do not believe a god created anything. I believe people created a god.

9TH said:
And, as has been said here before, God knew exactly what they'd choose so their choice didn't really exist.
By the way, I don't think God's motivation for punishing them was only their disobedience.
God banished them from Eden because, having eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he did not want them to also eat of the tree of life and become gods themselves. In effect, he didn't want the competition.
You raise some interesting points I do think it's possible for God to have chosen not to know what they would do. But also, don't you remember it was the serpent who said they would become like gods? They believed a lie. Remember, God told them only that they would die if they ate of it...

alex said:
Is intentional and malicious killing a good thing? If only a god has the power to create, and they only create good things, then killing would be a good thing. If a creator only made good things then why are there ten commandments? If they consider all things to be good, then why impose guidelines on people? If a god is able and willing to prevent evil, then where did evil come from?
Well, I think you've gotten my point. Now you're asking my why people do things we call evil. I really don't know. But I think God allows people to do things other than what he wants, because he's granted us the power to do what we want, and gather rewards or suffer consequences. I think the idea is to try to do what he wants us to do.
I do not believe a god created anything. I believe people created a god.
If you don't believe in a god, then why are you talking about the riddle of Epicurus?

Imudman said:
If you don't believe in a god, then why are you talking about the riddle of Epicurus?

Because I think it is a very interesting riddle. It seems to put people's beliefs on the line so I thought it would be a good debate subject. The debate is going nicely, don't you think?

alex said:
Because I think it is a very interesting riddle. It seems to put people's beliefs on the line so I thought it would be a good debate subject. The debate is going nicely, don't you think?
Oh yes! I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Good topic...

Dezaad said:
Either Jesus was omniscient and not human, or he was human and not omniscient. Sub-Omniscience is universally a part of the human condition, and it is not a trivial difference between God and Man that one is claimed to be omniscient and the other is patently not.

And what if the omniscient Jesus submitted His omiscience so that He could suffer the sacrifice as a perfect human? Is that beyond His power? Of course not.

Even aside from that, Jesus has never "walked" in any man's shoes, even according to the Bible. The Bible records that Jesus was born sinless, and that the rest of Mankind is born steeped in it.

That is not Biblical. Man is not born steeped in sin. Man will sin, because it is in his nature, but he is not born into sin.

Parachuting out of a plane is not an apt description of what happened with Jesus, either with the gravity of what is claimed to have happened to him, or with regard to his power to remain fearless. Again, omniscience precludes courage when the outcome, which is known, is desirable.

To suggest that just because you are doing something you have intention of does not require courage then you are not being honest with yourself. I don't care what preconceptions you may have, if you had to die for something, even if you truly believed in it, it would still take courage for you to go through with it.

Eve was lied to, according to Christian myth, and thus she chose to disobey God. Can a person who is omniscient be lied to?

Of course they can be lied to. Especially if they willfully take personification as a man on earth.

Thus, this does not help you in your attempt to say that Sub-Omniscience has no bearing with regard to 'goodness'.

I haven't even the slightest clue what you are arguing here. Please, be more clear.

God most certainly did not provide the tools to avoid evil, if the Bible is true.

He gave us the Holy Spirit acting as our conscience guide. He gave us His message and Hold Word through the Bible. He sent His Son to explain to us how to live and act. You don't think these are tools to avoid sin? When we sin, it is a conscious choice.

He did, in fact, assure evil's entrance upon the Universe. Ignorance would eventually lead to disobedience.

But it wasn't ignorance that led to dissobidience. It was lust for power, and it was unwillingness to follow commands.

It seems to me that, despite Christian protestations to the contrary, that only a creature ignorant of God's supposed goodness would rationally choose to disobey God. If the creature is not rational, well that is another missing tool, isn't it.

Are you suggesting that people wouldn't do bad things if they knew they were bad? Or that someone would not act against God if they knew it was against God's will? Are you aware that people do bad things on a momentary basis in this world?

The futility of many evils in the Christian list of evils pre-dates Judaism, and has been nearly universally accepted. Others not so. The tools to know them we have been developing ourselves, without the help of God, ever since we stood upright.

I think you give yourself and humanity in general far too much credit. We are a corrupt and uncarring species. We hurt and kill each other for little to no reason at all some times. And you suggest that we came to decide what was good and evil ourselves?

alex said:
My arguement still stands with this definition. If a god has unlimited authority, then that god authorized the creation of evil.

Okay, so you're suggesting that God allowed us to choose to do what is against His will, therefore creating evil. That's definitely a step in the right direction.

If that god is all forgiving, then why authorize its creation in the first place?

Because He has chosen the role of a loving father who wishes for His children to love Him as opposed to an oppressive dictator.

If they authorized it to allow choice, knowing that choice could cuase harm, then they are malevolent.

So then either God controls us and our actions, or He is malevolent? If that is honestly what you have chosen to believe, I'm sorry that you feel that way. But personally, if someone attempted to prevent me from making my own choices in my life through force, I believe I would live with spite towards them. And I certainly do not consider my parents malevolent because they allow me to make my own choices in my life, good or bad. But again, that is your choice to make for yourself.

And if he did not create it, then who did?

We created it by going against the will of God.

If someone else created it, a god would have to authorize it or they are not omnipotent.

And yet again, He allowed us to make our choices because He chose not to be a dictator, but rather a loving Father.

nkgupta80 said:
yeah its simple as that, For god to willingly give us qualities such as ignorance, and carnal lust for power, is just wanting us to commit "sins" and fall away from God.

Why do you think that Jesus was so presing in that the world MUST be told His message? Because He didn't want to the world to be ignorant. It is our failure to comply that results in ignorance. Our lust for power is a choice, it is not something that is give to us. It is something that we choose. He does not want us to choose to act against His will. But He knows that we are not perfect, because we are only human. But then, He gave His Son as a sacrifice for all of our sin, that they may be washed clean and we may enter heaven because of it. So really, regardless of the fact that we are born to sin, we are forgiven if we only seek it.

How is that loving us if he being omnipotent knows that many of us will fall in with the inherent qualities he gave us, and sin.

Because He specifically told us how we can avoid these sins. He gave us the Holy Spirit to prevent us from these sins. And even then, knowing that we are still imperfect, offered an eternal sacrifice that all our mistakes may be erased if only we seek them to be. It doesn't get more loving than that.

All I can conclude from this is that God is malevolent, and being malevolent shows he has evil. If he didn't create evil and it's within him, then he isn't omnipotent.

Then all I can conclude from you is that you are not paying attention to what He has offered and done for us.

sorry that post about god being malevolent, was me just trying to see the logic behind what alex was saying. I don't really believe that.

sebastiansdreams said:
... what if the omniscient Jesus submitted His omiscience so that He could suffer the sacrifice as a perfect human? Is that beyond His power? Of course not.
But if he was not omniscient, then he was not fully god during that time. Are you prepared to make that claim?

Dezaad said:
Jesus has never "walked" in any man's shoes, even according to the Bible. The Bible records that Jesus was born sinless, and that the rest of Mankind is born steeped in it
Man is not born steeped in sin. Man will sin, because it is in his nature, but he is not born into sin.
Are you saying that Jesus was also born with a sinful nature? If not, then my statement stands.

To suggest that just because you are doing something you have intention of does not require courage then you are not being honest with yourself. I don't care what preconceptions you may have, if you had to die for something, even if you truly believed in it, it would still take courage for you to go through with it.
I said nothing about intention. I said that: Knowing (without any doubt whatsoever), the outcome of an action, if the outcome is one you desire, precludes courage. A requirement of courage is uncertainty of outcome.

Of course they can be lied to. Especially if they willfully take personification as a man on earth. I haven't even the slightest clue what you are arguing here. Please, be more clear.
We were talking about Eve being lied to. I was referring to the fact that if she had been given omniscience, she couldn't have been lied to. If a creature (Eve) has persistent omniscience, a lie would always be detected by that creature. The point is that her lack of omniscience made her susceptible to a clever talking snake. You had said "...they (Adam and Eve) were both told not to eat from the tree. She was lied to,..." I indicated that your argument was not helped by indicating that someone was deceived into disobeying God. God set it up so that she COULD be deceived.

He gave us the Holy Spirit acting as our conscience guide. He gave us His message and Hold Word through the Bible. He sent His Son to explain to us how to live and act. You don't think these are tools to avoid sin? When we sin, it is a conscious choice.
These tools are pathetic compared to the tool omniscience would be in avoiding sin, no matter how much my nature tugs me toward sin. If you'd like, I'll explain why they're pathetic.

But it wasn't ignorance that led to dissobidience. It was lust for power, and it was unwillingness to follow commands.
No, I don't think so. Do you know what was going through Eve's head? Were you there? In any case, in our day, it is ignorance.

But, let's clarify this 'ignorance': We are expected to be obedient to a God we cannot see, hear, touch. We are expected to simply believe, on paltry evidence, the fantastic claims that: 1. God exists 2. We are sinful in his eyes 3. The Bible is his word 4. Jesus was god, shoehorned into man's flesh 4. That he died and rose again as payment for our sins. 5. That believing in this outrageous set of tenets is how we cash in on the benefits. 6. That if ya don't cash in, yur gonna burn in hell.

Any one of these things standing alone is enough to make me roll my eyes. All of them together is characteristic of really good storytelling, but also characteristic of pure fantasy. So, if it does all happen to be true, I am definitely, currently, ignorant. This is no way to run a Universe.

Are you suggesting that people wouldn't do bad things if they knew they were bad? Or that someone would not act against God if they knew it was against God's will? Are you aware that people do bad things on a momentary basis in this world?
This depends on what you mean by "knew" in your first sentence. I believe that people wouldn't do bad things if they were persistently certain of the ultimate outcome of doing bad things.

I think you give yourself and humanity in general far too much credit. We are a corrupt and uncarring species. We hurt and kill each other for little to no reason at all some times. And you suggest that we came to decide what was good and evil ourselves?
Yes! Amazing what evolution can concoct, isn't it? Natural selection caused both cultural memes and genetic disposition to lead toward a mankind that was more oriented toward cooperation and societal order. You don't think that is more plausible than a god that creates hells for people who eat from lucious looking trees? Especially given the mountains of evidence that support this naturalistic notion?

Dezaad said:
But if he was not omniscient, then he was not fully god during that time. Are you prepared to make that claim?

Do you remember that He said on the cross "Why have you forsaken me?" My suggestion to you is that He did in fact seperate Himself from God and at least at that point in time was not omniscient, but a seperate part of Him, God the Father, sill remained omniscient.

Are you saying that Jesus was also born with a sinful nature? If not, then my statement stands.

I am saying that none of us are born in a sinful nature. I am saying that we all choose to be sinful. Jesus had the potential to be sinful, and He chose not to be.

I said nothing about intention. I said that: Knowing (without any doubt whatsoever), the outcome of an action, if the outcome is one you desire, precludes courage. A requirement of courage is uncertainty of outcome.

I would argue it takes courage for a suicide bomber to fly a plane into a building. There is no uncertainty about the outcome, but none the less, it's still courage. But even still, courage is not necessarly a human strength either, therefore just because we contain it and God does not doesn't really mean anything in the scheme of things. There are plenty of qualities that God has that we do not that sets Him apart from us.

We were talking about Eve being lied to. I was referring to the fact that if she had been given omniscience, she couldn't have been lied to. If a creature (Eve) has persistent omniscience, a lie would always be detected by that creature. The point is that her lack of omniscience made her susceptible to a clever talking snake. You had said "...they (Adam and Eve) were both told not to eat from the tree. She was lied to,..." I indicated that your argument was not helped by indicating that someone was deceived into disobeying God. God set it up so that she COULD be deceived.

You are arguing that only a malevolent God would allow us not to know everything about the world, because only someone who knows everything is not at all capable to deciet. God chose not to make us omniscient. He chose to make us human, and to allow us to learn things. You suggest that makes Him malevolent, I just suggest that we are His creation and He is allowed to make us any way He likes. Arguably, angels are informed in that manner. But we know they already exist. So then, if God created angels in this manner, then wouldn't it make sense that we were created differently than that?

These tools are pathetic compared to the tool omniscience would be in avoiding sin, no matter how much my nature tugs me toward sin. If you'd like, I'll explain why they're pathetic.

In otherwords, you want to be ominscient like God? Funny how that's how Eve fell isn't it? God gives you a way to wipe away every sin you make, no matter what it is. You're believe that that is a pathetical tool is your own, and it is, in my opinion absolutely ridiculous.

No, I don't think so. Do you know what was going through Eve's head? Were you there? In any case, in our day, it is ignorance.

No, but the Bible does tell us what was going through her head. We don't do so in ignorance, we do so in knowledge. But even if we were doing these things in ignorance, you have a way to clense yourself from them don't you?

But, let's clarify this 'ignorance': We are expected to be obedient to a God we cannot see, hear, touch. We are expected to simply believe, on paltry evidence, the fantastic claims that: 1. God exists 2. We are sinful in his eyes 3. The Bible is his word 4. Jesus was god, shoehorned into man's flesh 4. That he died and rose again as payment for our sins. 5. That believing in this outrageous set of tenets is how we cash in on the benefits. 6. That if ya don't cash in, yur gonna burn in hell.

So really, you're not ignorant to any of this are you? You are just choosing not to believe it. Which is a completely differnt thing. You aren't ignorant of your choice, you have just made a choice to the contrary, as I have stated before. By the way, where do you read in the Bible that you will "burn" in Hell?

Any one of these things standing alone is enough to make me roll my eyes. All of them together is characteristic of really good storytelling, but also characteristic of pure fantasy. So, if it does all happen to be true, I am definitely, currently, ignorant. This is no way to run a Universe.

No, you're not ignorant. You have been told these things, you are aware of their potential existance, and yet you think you have a better answer. That isn't ignorance, it's rejection. And that is what all of this is about. You aren't ignorant to God or His message, you are simply rejecting it because you think you have a better answer.

This depends on what you mean by "knew" in your first sentence. I believe that people wouldn't do bad things if they were persistently certain of the ultimate outcome of doing bad things.

Then I can honestly tell you that you are fooling yourself. Plenty of people act in horrible ways, fully aware of the consequences of their actions.

Yes! Amazing what evolution can concoct, isn't it? Natural selection caused both cultural memes and genetic disposition to lead toward a mankind that was more oriented toward cooperation and societal order. You don't think that is more plausible than a god that creates hells for people who eat from lucious looking trees? Especially given the mountains of evidence that support this naturalistic notion?

But many of the issues of right and wrong in the Bible are not matters of the social, but rather of the spiritual. I am still telling you that you have far too much pride in we as a species, and it will get you no where to believe this, because you will only come to see in history that we are definitely no closer to what is "right" as we continue to evolve. And there is not even an ant hill of evidence that would support your naturalistic notion, you are, in this instance, fabricating information.

sebastiansdreams said:
Okay, so you're suggesting that God allowed us to choose to do what is against His will, therefore creating evil. That's definitely a step in the right direction.

If we created evil as you say, then we have the same power to create as a god. If they are not able or willing to create everything, then why call them a god? If that is true, then the notion that everything is created by something other than a god is feasible. If a god did not create everything and we have the power to, then how do we know a god created anything?

sebastiansdreams said:
Because He has chosen the role of a loving father who wishes for His children to love Him as opposed to an oppressive dictator.

A loving father that apparently has the authority to prevent evil allows it to exist? That is not a loving father. That is a malevolent father.

sebastiansdreams said:
So then either God controls us and our actions, or He is malevolent? If that is honestly what you have chosen to believe, I'm sorry that you feel that way. But personally, if someone attempted to prevent me from making my own choices in my life through force, I believe I would live with spite towards them. And I certainly do not consider my parents malevolent because they allow me to make my own choices in my life, good or bad. But again, that is your choice to make for yourself.

Parents do not have the authority to prevent evil, they are not omnipotent. They can only help assist that prevention as much as possible. If a god is omnipotent, then they have the authority to prevent it but choose not to. That makes them malevolent. If they are not omnipotent, then why call them a god?

sebastiansdreams said:
We created it by going against the will of God.

And yet again, He allowed us to make our choices because He chose not to be a dictator, but rather a loving Father.

I already addressed these. See above.

Back
Top Bottom