• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Return of Hunter Biden's Laptop

JMB802

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

This seems to be a fair take on the laptop kerfuffle. Conservatives are mad because the MSM didn't make a big deal about it. And, in a nutshell, Hunter is a mess but there are no smoking guns pointing at Joe.

------------------

There were two supposed “smoking guns” about Joe Biden that conservatives touted in the materials. The first was an email the Post called a “blockbuster,” in which an executive at the Ukrainian gas company Burisma thanked Hunter for the “opportunity to meet your father” in 2015. If you’re steeped in Trumpworld lore, this was damning because of the theory that Biden had the corrupt prosecutor general of Ukraine fired to benefit Burisma, and Biden had said he knew nothing about Hunter’s Ukrainian work, but look, a meeting! (Apparently, it was a dinner at Cafe Milano that Hunter had organized, with about a dozen people.) This appears to amount to Vice President Biden seemingly going to one dinner.

The second involved a business venture that Hunter tried to set up with a Chinese energy tycoon in 2017 (after Joe Biden was no longer vice president). One email mentions that the equity split would include “10 held by H for the big guy ?” A former business partner of Hunter’s named Tony Bobulinski came forward to claim “the big guy” was Joe Biden. But a subsequent email from Hunter says his “Chairman” gave him “an emphatic no,” and a further email clarifies that the chairman is his dad. So this amounts to Joe Biden apparently refusing some deal Hunter tried to enmesh him in.

All of this was indeed covered in the press in October 2020 (I wrote about it at the time). So the real objection from conservatives is that they didn’t get the narrative they liked out of the mainstream media.

Hunter’s emails contained a whole lot of embarrassing and arguably newsworthy material about himself, and the shady foreign business interests of the son of the potential next president are certainly a worthy topic of media coverage. But as for the Biden who was actually on the ballot, there was very little from him personally in those messages (other than an exchange where he comforts his despondent, drug-addicted son). The emails didn’t dominate mainstream media because, at least so far, they didn’t have the goods.

What's on the laptop or more accurately, isn't on it doesnt matter. All they need is to keep repeating "But his laptop..." like a tired mantra.

Conservative angst about Hunter Biden are safely ignored given their tacit support of these three.

1648219658881.jpeg

Obviously, some care was taken to keep Joe Biden’s involvement in, or awareness of, foreign business deals by his family members offering access to securing Joe Biden’s government (funding?) influence. Anyone who thought that Hunter Biden was selected for his a brilliant business or legal skills in foreign business deals is kidding themselves - even Hunter does not believe that.

What's on the laptop or more accurately, isn't on it doesnt matter. All they need is to keep repeating "But his laptop..." like a tired mantra.
yep.

the fact that we're still talking about the laptop AND the "stolen" last election shows how powerful Republican media has been for over a year. it's pretty smart.

Obviously, some care was taken to keep Joe Biden’s involvement in, or awareness of, foreign business deals by his family members offering access to securing Joe Biden’s government (funding?) influence. Anyone who thought that Hunter Biden was selected for his a brilliant business or legal skills in foreign business deals is kidding themselves - even Hunter does not believe that.
Selected by whom?

Oh my! What a huge twist of what really happened in October 2020.

This does a good job of honestly talking about October 2020 and all its impact.

No, it doesn't.

It's a rambling opinion piece by a self-professed neoconservative with very few facts.

If the emails are a smoking gun pointed at Joe, why didn't Trump associates do anything about it when Rudy's lawyer received the laptop materials in the summer of 2020?

Last edited:
That is true for all powerful people and their families. How did the Trump kids get their influence?

yep.

the fact that we're still talking about the laptop AND the "stolen" last election shows how powerful Republican media has been for over a year. it's pretty smart.
Remember, these are the people that believe everything is fake news as well.

This seems to be a fair take on the laptop kerfuffle. Conservatives are mad because the MSM didn't make a big deal about it. And, in a nutshell, Hunter is a mess but there are no smoking guns pointing at Joe.

------------------

There were two supposed “smoking guns” about Joe Biden that conservatives touted in the materials. The first was an email the Post called a “blockbuster,” in which an executive at the Ukrainian gas company Burisma thanked Hunter for the “opportunity to meet your father” in 2015. If you’re steeped in Trumpworld lore, this was damning because of the theory that Biden had the corrupt prosecutor general of Ukraine fired to benefit Burisma, and Biden had said he knew nothing about Hunter’s Ukrainian work, but look, a meeting! (Apparently, it was a dinner at Cafe Milano that Hunter had organized, with about a dozen people.) This appears to amount to Vice President Biden seemingly going to one dinner.

The second involved a business venture that Hunter tried to set up with a Chinese energy tycoon in 2017 (after Joe Biden was no longer vice president). One email mentions that the equity split would include “10 held by H for the big guy ?” A former business partner of Hunter’s named Tony Bobulinski came forward to claim “the big guy” was Joe Biden. But a subsequent email from Hunter says his “Chairman” gave him “an emphatic no,” and a further email clarifies that the chairman is his dad. So this amounts to Joe Biden apparently refusing some deal Hunter tried to enmesh him in.

All of this was indeed covered in the press in October 2020 (I wrote about it at the time). So the real objection from conservatives is that they didn’t get the narrative they liked out of the mainstream media.

Hunter’s emails contained a whole lot of embarrassing and arguably newsworthy material about himself, and the shady foreign business interests of the son of the potential next president are certainly a worthy topic of media coverage. But as for the Biden who was actually on the ballot, there was very little from him personally in those messages (other than an exchange where he comforts his despondent, drug-addicted son). The emails didn’t dominate mainstream media because, at least so far, they didn’t have the goods.
I'm a little over this laptop but a couple points. Biden didn't just say he didn't know about his son's Ukraine work, he said "I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings." This was not very believable and was obviously proven to be a lie. The other point is the media's role in trying to bury this story. Remember how Twitter handled it? Remember the New York Times suggesting it could be Russian disinformation even while Hunter wasn't even denying it was his? One might argue that the media could/should have been a little more curious after Joe's foolish denial was proven to be a lie.

That is true for all powerful people and their families. How did the Trump kids get their influence?

That is likely so (at least for some), but Joe Biden (on numerous occasions) denied having any knowledge of Hunter’s foreign business ‘dealings’. Why would someone bother to repeatedly lie about doing what “all powerful people do”?

They are such complete losers. They got nothing but desperate, lame shit, because they are deplorable morons. And project as usual. Trumps cokehead sons were running around the White House all drugged out and making speeches drugged out, and they want to focus on Hunter, who is more put together than anybody of the Trump creepy clan of criminals.

------------------

First of all, you have a giant strawman that needs to be addressed. It wasn't just that the MSMs didn't make a big deal out of it, which they would've 100% done if it was a Trump family issue, but it's that there was a complete media blackout of the story. The NYPost, one of the oldest newspapers in the country had their Twitter account suspended for it and anyone else who shared the story also had their accounts suspended. There was a complete censoring of the story, which included lies or at the very least uninformed talking points, saying that it was some kind of Russian disinfo op.

The monopoly of power that the left has over media via the technocracy we exist in locked this down, and it was all true. Even your attempt at trying to downplay Joe's involvement falls flat when the email you mentioned supposedly has Joe refusing the 10% kickbacks from the deal. That means Joe knew what was going on and any person with a smidgen of honesty knows that Joe wasn't ignorant of what his son was doing. You think Joe didn't' know how/why his druggy failure of a son got these high paying jobs? Please, he knew what was going on.

Oh, and then Hunter Biden sells his art for $500K to confidential buyers when he has to pay back taxes? OK...please tell me no one is stupid enough not to know that selling art is a classic money laundering/fund transfer scheme and that someone out there was just paying off...I mean, uh..."buying his art" to take care of that tax problem issue.

From the private sector, not a lifetime of political positions.

That is likely so (at least for some), but Joe Biden (on numerous occasions) denied having any knowledge of Hunter’s foreign business ‘dealings’. Why would someone bother to repeatedly lie about doing what “all powerful people do”?
I know generally about my adult kids' lives but would never profess to know the specifics. It was common knowledge that Hunter had dealings in Ukraine, are you saying Joe lied because he didn't know exactly what Hunter was doing?

None of what's on there matters anyways, chain of custody included Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani so it's all suspect. People need to move on.

There was never any there there in the first place.

Like everything they throw at the wall, the only concrete truths are perfectly innocent re: Joe Biden. You know... "Hunter was on Air Force 2. And so was this person. And over here, there was this email where someone said something about Hunter Biden. And...and....and.....obviously Joe Biden must be guilty of something!"

First of all, you have a giant strawman that needs to be addressed. It wasn't just that the MSMs didn't make a big deal out of it, which they would've 100% done if it was a Trump family issue, but it's that there was a complete media blackout of the story. The NYPost, one of the oldest newspapers in the country had their Twitter account suspended for it and anyone else who shared the story also had their accounts suspended. There was a complete censoring of the story, which included lies or at the very least uninformed talking points, saying that it was some kind of Russian disinfo op.

The monopoly of power that the left has over media via the technocracy we exist in locked this down, and it was all true. Even your attempt at trying to downplay Joe's involvement falls flat when the email you mentioned supposedly has Joe refusing the 10% kickbacks from the deal. That means Joe knew what was going on and any person with a smidgen of honesty knows that Joe wasn't ignorant of what his son was doing. You think Joe didn't' know how/why his druggy failure of a son got these high paying jobs? Please, he knew what was going on.

Oh, and then Hunter Biden sells his art for $500K to confidential buyers when he has to pay back taxes? OK...please tell me no one is stupid enough not to know that selling art is a classic money laundering/fund transfer scheme and that someone out there was just paying off...I mean, uh..."buying his art" to take care of that tax problem issue.
Hunter, Hunter, Hunter.

He's a mess, I acknowledged it in my very first comment.

As I said above, I know generally about my adult kids' lives but would never profess to know the specifics. It was common knowledge that Hunter had dealings in Ukraine, are you saying Joe lied because he said he didn't know exactly what Hunter was doing?

That is just the old "have you stopped beating your wife" accusation. I have seen no testimony that Biden lied. Only talk radio speculation and inuendo.

Hunter, Hunter, Hunter.

He's a mess, I acknowledged it in my very first comment.

As I said above, I know generally about my adult kids' lives but would never profess to know the specifics. It was common knowledge that Hunter had dealings in Ukraine, are you saying Joe lied because he said he didn't know exactly what Hunter was doing?
You're mischaracterizing what Joe Biden said to protect your point. Joe said "I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings." Not just Ukraine, NEVER spoke to him about overseas business dealings. Read what you put in Post #1 of this thread and tell me if you believe what Joe Biden said.

Oh my! What a huge twist of what really happened in October 2020.

This does a good job of honestly talking about October 2020 and all its impact.

And by "twist", I assume you mean gaslighting?;)

Back
Top Bottom