• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Republican War on Voting

What in the blazes are you talking about??? And btw, I am not a republican.

Right, right, no one is a Republican anymore...but, of course, they still vote for them

Right, right, no one is a Republican anymore...but, of course, they still vote for them

I will certainly vote for conservative candidates. I am not voting for Trump. However you have not answered the question. What do you mean by republicans okaying the concept of buying politicians?

You'd maybe have a leg to stand on if Black voters didn't reject the Republican Party nearly 10:1. Maybe they are too stupid to see what you do. :roll:

Requiring a ID is hardly a republican idea. Opinion articles without factual events rarely do much other than stirring up the ignorant base.

You need a ID card to enter the Democratic Convention for Christ's sake.

It's starting to get ridiculous. What used to be a Southern thing, making voting more difficult is now seen in places as far north as Wisconsin.

What gives? Do Republicans really want to be known as the party that restricts voting rights? I'm sure that will bite them back in due time.
I love this. Not being able to commit fraud is a "voting restriction". :roll:

Frankly, what's problematic is that we DON'T restrict voting. Morons and low information voters are steering the most powerful nation in human history. We need a way of filtering more of them out.

My solution (which I will keep calling for until I run across a better option) is the citizenship exam. Pass the exam, get registered to vote, and a voting ID. Don't pass, well, maybe next time bother to learn what the hell it is you are doing before you try to make decisions for the rest of us.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I love this. Not being able to commit fraud is a "voting restriction". :roll:

Frankly, what's problematic is that we DON'T restrict voting. Morons and low information voters are steering the most powerful nation in human history. We need a way of filtering more of them out.

My solution (which I will keep calling for until I run across a better option) is the citizenship exam. Pass the exam, get registered to vote, and a voting ID. Don't pass, well, maybe next time bother to learn what the hell it is you are doing before you try to make decisions for the rest of us.

Well, at least that would be honest. Saying you don't want dumb people voting is actually reasonable. Saying we need to change voting laws because of fraud is a red herring.

Well, at least that would be honest. Saying you don't want dumb people voting is actually reasonable. Saying we need to change voting laws because of fraud is a red herring.
No, opponents want it to be a red herring because otherwise the case against it is so weak. Accusing Republicans of racism is easier than trying to say we shouldn't protect our elections from fraud. I simply want to go beyond that and try to find a way to make sure the electorate at least represents the informed and/or not-stupid amongst us.

If Democrats really felt that an ID requirement locked out poor people, they wouldn't require them for welfare benefits.

Last edited:
No, opponents want it to be a red herring because otherwise the case against it is so weak. Accusing Republicans of racism is easier than trying to say we shouldn't protect our elections from fraud. I simply want to go beyond that and try to find a way to make sure the electorate at least represents the informed and/or not-stupid amongst us.

If Democrats really felt that an ID requirement locked out poor people, they wouldn't require them for welfare benefits.

There are very few cases of voter fraud. In fact, it's one of the few crimes which are not committed en masse.

Back
Top Bottom