• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Republican Senate nightmare is coming true

Are there any liberals here who understand the responsibilities of and authority held by the three branches of government?

Since when do presidents control government spending? Do we need civic lessons here?

Since the position was created, of course. Here is a government lesson: If Congress sends a bill to the President's desk and he does not sign it within 10 days, the bill is automatically vetoed. So without the President's signature, there is no federal budget.

Are there any liberals here who understand the responsibilities of and authority held by the three branches of government?

Yes, every liberal who graduated from high school. You can't earn a diploma without taking American history and government classes.

Since the position was created, of course. Here is a government lesson: If Congress sends a bill to the President's desk and he does not sign it within 10 days, the bill is automatically vetoed. So without the President's signature, there is no federal budget.

You do realize that the Congress can override a veto, right?

Morons.

Sure. Screw everyone who dares to disagree with the majority.

Sounds like the bleat of someone expecting to be in the minority.

Our liberal democracy is predicated on respecting the individual rights of the minority. Like racial minorities, sexual minorities, physically handicapped minorities, and so on. However, within that context, normal democratic practice is to respect the will of the majority when it comes to public policy. Otherwise you simply can't govern.

On that note, it should be noted that not being able to govern plays to the the nihilistic far right's goals.

why does Blue Donkey not respond to my reply

Sounds like the bleat of someone expecting to be in the minority.

Our liberal democracy is predicated on respecting the individual rights of the minority. Like racial minorities, sexual minorities, physically handicapped minorities, and so on. However, within that context, normal democratic practice is to respect the will of the majority when it comes to public policy. Otherwise you simply can't govern.

On that note, it should be noted that not being able to govern plays to the the nihilistic far right's goals.

:lol:

Goddamn right.

Oh, yes!

I agree that the Democrats will seize the Senate on November 3.

As the saying goes, in a democracy, the voters have a perfect right to vote to end that democracy.

When the Biden-Harris team (with Ms. Nancy & Mr. Chuck) implement their BLM- and ANTIFA- friendly policies, a whole lot of people who voted them in are going to be very sorry.

Unfortunately, we friends of democracy will also be swept up in the nightmare.

I think that is something they will accept for the 2 year to get rid of Trump.

Oh, yes!

I agree that the Democrats will seize the Senate on November 3.

As the saying goes, in a democracy, the voters have a perfect right to vote to end that democracy.

When the Biden-Harris team (with Ms. Nancy & Mr. Chuck) implement their BLM- and ANTIFA- friendly policies, a whole lot of people who voted them in are going to be very sorry.

Unfortunately, we friends of democracy will also be swept up in the nightmare.

Is that when Obama finally takes all the guns?

People here seem to forget that even if the Democrats take control of the Senate it won't be by much. And assuming Biden wins, then the typical first midterm elections of a new president could easily result in the Republicans retaking control.

So do you really want to do away with the filibuster and other measures that prevent simply majority rule in the Senate?

The Republican Senate nightmare is coming true

AACl5hg.img

The only surefire way to right the course of this country is via the Democrats flipping the GOP Senate on November 3rd.

Without that, GOP Majority Leader 'Moscow' Mitch McConnell will ensure a Congressional stalemate and bottleneck for the next four years.

Related: Democrats say White House isn't budging in coronavirus relief stalemate

I don't see such a bottle neck happening. Mcconnell has proved himself to be anti American and thus has the controlling fa right. Too much has gone on in the last four years under Republican leadership for there not to be a good Democratic majority in both houses: of course praying that they take advantage of it and don't screw it away like they did under Obama. I think he will retire after the election.

Republicans might flip Minnesota's Senate seat. RCP moved it from "Leans Dem" to "Toss-up".

McSally is pretty much done for.

McSally is pretty much done for.

She already lost one election. I'm not sure who thought being an appointed incumbent would change that equation.

She already lost one election. I'm not sure who thought being an appointed incumbent would change that equation.

Yep. She's double-digits down against Mark Kelly.

Yep. She's double-digits down against Mark Kelly.

There are a number of states where it's close enough it all depends on who is more motivated to vote in that area.

There are a number of states where it's close enough it all depends on who is more motivated to vote in that area.

I guess me being, like, smart, I find the persistence of "safe red states" baffling. I honestly cannot understand why everyone does not see the obvious as clearly as I do. Republicans are bad for the country right now. They need to be voted out en masse.

Back
Top Bottom