• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Republican Senate nightmare is coming true

What would be even more amazing if Amy McGrath actually won. That would be a long shot, but even more worth it.

It's a dream. A nice dream, but a dream.

On the other hand, I think the guy who beat Moore might be in big trouble. It's alabama of course.

Yeah, well, Doug Jones made the classic mistake of trying to make everyone happy.

AACl5hg.img

The only surefire way to right the course of this country is via the Democrats flipping the GOP Senate on November 3rd.

Without that, GOP Majority Leader 'Moscow' Mitch McConnell will ensure a Congressional stalemate and bottleneck for the next four years.

Related: Democrats say White House isn't budging in coronavirus relief stalemate

The Republicans have been the party of do nothing since 2008.

Yeah, well, Doug Jones made the classic mistake of trying to make everyone happy.

Doug Jones made the classic mistake of being a democrat in alabama.

A lot more needs to happen, of course. Someone else in his party can be the Majority Leader if he loses. But even if that happens, I would love to never see the name Mitch McConnell or a picture of him again.

He is up by like 9 in the most recent KY poll. He will be in the Senate until they carry his corpse to the Rotunda.

AACl5hg.img

The only surefire way to right the course of this country is via the Democrats flipping the GOP Senate on November 3rd.

Without that, GOP Majority Leader 'Moscow' Mitch McConnell will ensure a Congressional stalemate and bottleneck for the next four years.

Related: Democrats say White House isn't budging in coronavirus relief stalemate
Exactly what needs "righting", the best economy in 50+ years until the government forced businesses to close down for a virus that isn't even the highest cause of death in the country. The best economic numbers in that time include employment for all demographics, black, hispanic and women are included. More manufacturing jobs return to the country, and seeing the EU and other nations rewrite bad trade practices in favor of the US. NATO finally coming close to paying its share of their own defense, UN doing the same.

He is up by like 9 in the most recent KY poll. He will be in the Senate until they carry his corpse to the Rotunda.

Who is challenging him?

If his lead narrows in scientific polls I will start tracking the race.

Who is challenging him?

Amy McGrath. Some polls have her down by as much as 17. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

Amy McGrath. Some polls have her down by as much as 17. I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

Are they all statewide polls by nonprofit polling companies and done using the scientific method with a very small margin of error?

Are they all statewide polls by nonprofit polling companies and done using the scientific method with a very small margin of error?

The down 17 poll was done by a KY newspaper. Forget who did the down 8 or 9 poll.

Doug Jones made the classic mistake of being a Democrat in Aabama.

Democrats are what Alabama needs a lot more of. The state was super lucky to get him in Congress.

He hasn't done anything as POTUS which has hurt me in any way.

And that's the problem with Trump's way of doing things and his followers. No one is considering the long term effects of Trumps negligent presidency.

Everything Trump says and does is for the present moment to boost his popularity. Open your mind and consider your grand kids and beyond.

Who is challenging him?

Amy Mcgrath. The poll added on the 6th shows she's within 5 points Kentucky Polls | FiveThirtyEight

it was trump that was up by 9 points. Considering Trump won 62.5% of the vote in 2016, that is significantly down

AACl5hg.img

I'm a lifelong Republican. And nobody in the world wants to see the Republicans lose the Senate more than I do. It's what they deserve for supporting this piece of **** Trump and degrading the party.

And that's the problem with Trump's way of doing things and his followers. No one is considering the long term effects of Trumps negligent presidency.

Everything Trump says and does is for the present moment to boost his popularity. Open your mind and consider your grand kids and beyond.

It's a problem that his success at achieving many of his policy ideas hasn't caused harm? Ok. The future is why we need to get rid of the hard left influence in government. We need a congress who's not going to spend the nation into a depression.

Eight Republican Senators won their races by more than trump did in their states.
OH, IA, AZ, GA, PA, WI, FL, and NC all had Senate coattails that helped trump win.
The QOP simply doesn't have a strong group running this time.

Responding to Arizona only. What senate race for Arizona were you talking about here?

What would be even more amazing if Amy McGrath actually won. That would be a long shot, but even more worth it.

Ain't happening.

Ain't happening.

She only 3 to 5 percent behind. To be that close at this point is astounding in Kentucky.

But, I suspect you are right. If it happened, heads would explode

She only 3 to 5 percent behind. To be that close at this point is astounding in Kentucky.

But, I suspect you are right. If it happened, heads would explode

RCP has it at 5 right now. IIRC that's as close as she's been. I just don't see Kentuckystan voting in a democrat woman.

Responding to Arizona only. What senate race for Arizona were you talking about here?

McCain won AZ by 358,000 in 2016.
Trump won it by 91,000 in 2016.

Congressional Districts 3 and 7 always under-perform due to less citizens and poor citizen turn-out.
AZ QOPs are trying to not count non-citizens for redistricting, while counting them for the census and total CDs.

RCP has it at 5 right now. IIRC that's as close as she's been. I just don't see Kentuckystan voting in a democrat woman.

The previous set of polls had her 3 percent behind. the 5 percernt is within the margin of error to the 3 percent, but no, I can't see Kentucky voting D , man or woman. She is ex-military, which might move things closer, but.. . not enough I don't think.

AACl5hg.img

Those who took a dump on the Constitution need to pay. I believe they will too.

McCain won AZ by 358,000 in 2016.
Trump won it by 91,000 in 2016.

Congressional Districts 3 and 7 always under-perform due to less citizens and poor citizen turn-out.
AZ QOPs are trying to not count non-citizens for redistricting, while counting them for the census and total CDs.

OK. I was thinking about the last Arizona senate election which was won by Sinema (D).

Back
Top Bottom