• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Republican Party

Right Wing Democrat

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I have lost a lot of respect for the republicans because of what they became. I loved reagan, he was great. But when the religious right and other psychos like Sarah Palin came in, it is hard to respect them. Am I right or am i just mistaken.

I have lost a lot of respect for the republicans because of what they became. I loved reagan, he was great. But when the religious right and other psychos like Sarah Palin came in, it is hard to respect them. Am I right or am i just mistaken.
Your grossly mistaken actually. Your paragraph contains an amazing number of contradictions for such a small space.

You are mistaken.

The only thing she lacked was a few months of serious study of global issues.

In every other respect she was superior to Joe Biden. And in some ways she had better qualifications than Barack Obama.

Remember that Sarah Palin has:

Managed a billion dollar state economy and budget.

Managed dozens of thousands of state employees.

Dealt with employee and union issues.

Went toe to toe with Big Oil and renegotiated a $40 Billion natural gas pipeline deal.

And in addition to her other gubernatorial duties, Palin also took on the entrenched establishment in her own state party leadership to root out corruption.

Something not even Shwarzenegger has dared to try in California.

On the other hand, neither Biden nor Obama have this level of successful administration or dealt with such issue or managed a budget as large as she has.

In addition, Joe Biden suggested giving Iran $200 Million after 9/11 so they would like us. :shock:

In addition, he is a HUGE supporter of the United Nations.

And he proposed partitioning Iraq into three parts, an idea the Iraqis quickly kicked to the curb. As well they would have. When we hear people talk about how America comes into a country and runs roughshod over their culture and tradition and history, this idea gives us an idea of the mentality of Washington's long time elected officials who think they can do whatever they want.

He is a very nice man but just an awfully mediocre guy when it comes to foreign policy even though he's been exposed to it for 30 years.

Give Sarah Palin 4 years and you watch how much she learns.

What can be learned, she will learn. What can't be learned she already has and Biden never will have.

Reagan gave the religious right their foothold in the party.

Reagan gave the religious right their foothold in the party.

Think of the Religious Right as you would an endangered species.

Liberals and atheists made it impossible for the religious to exist in regular public life so, if it's true that "Reagan gave the religious right their foothold in the party" then it would have been like saving it from extinction at the hands of the haters and heathens.

Think of the Religious Right as you would an endangered species.

Liberals and atheists made it impossible for the religious to exist in regular public life so, if it's true that "Reagan gave the religious right their foothold in the party" then it would have been like saving it from extinction at the hands of the haters and heathens.

Your posts are incessantly divisive and ignorant.

To the OP, the Republican party is a hollow shell of what it once was. They need to dust themselves off and get back to their conservative roots if they wish to be taken seriously.

To the OP, the Republican party is a hollow shell of what it once was. They need to dust themselves off and get back to their conservative roots if they wish to be taken seriously.
The bolded part is exactly right, the biggest problem is not conservatives in the party, it is "Republicans" and "Republican" pundits who are short-sighted and look at election results the wrong way, blue-blood republicans screwed the party by bringing a lighter version of the progressive attitude to the party thus making it hard to stomach by the true conservatives, thus the base leaves and the party loses, the blue bloods read it as "we aren't liberal enough and must adopt parts of their thinking" which is just ridiculous. Of course, the evangelicals are a problem for only one reason, the way they come across could be seen as demeaning to religious freedom advocates, I understand most of them to simply be outspoken, but there is a minority of them who are legislatively heavy handed, and do not in any way, shape, or form represent conservatism as we know it now, they, like you have stated, take to the Republican platform because they have a voice in the mix.

The bolded part is exactly right, the biggest problem is not conservatives in the party, it is "Republicans" and "Republican" pundits who are short-sighted and look at election results the wrong way, blue-blood republicans screwed the party by bringing a lighter version of the progressive attitude to the party thus making it hard to stomach by the true conservatives, thus the base leaves and the party loses, the blue bloods read it as "we aren't liberal enough and must adopt parts of their thinking" which is just ridiculous. Of course, the evangelicals are a problem for only one reason, the way they come across could be seen as demeaning to religious freedom advocates, I understand most of them to simply be outspoken, but there is a minority of them who are legislatively heavy handed, and do not in any way, shape, or form represent conservatism as we know it now, they, like you have stated, take to the Republican platform because they have a voice in the mix.
Sorry, different poster described the evangelical reference, but it was a good catch.

:screwy

As opposed to the OP who feels that she was a "psycho," some of us believe that Sarah Palin is the leader who can make us what we once were.

But you are too concerned with my postage to stick to the topic, I see.

Actually, I made one mistake. I meant to Say I loved Reagan except for him allowing the religious right to gain more power.

As opposed to the OP who feels that she was a "psycho," some of us believe that Sarah Palin is the leader who can make us what we once were.

If she was even remotely educated, which she is not. :shrug:

But you are too concerned with my postage to stick to the topic, I see.

The blindly partisan annoy me.

You fear her.

An appropriate sentiment might be to yawn at her but there is something going on inside of you about her.

I do. I fear ignorant people wielding immense power.

How is that better? Blindly partisan is just as bad as blindly patriotic.

Right in your loss of respect

Mistaken in your reasoning.

In what way do you think she was ignorant such that many in Congress aren't also but whom you'd consider [Fredo]smaht[/Fredo]?

It seems that what is judged to be adequate political knowledge is judged on a low curve these days. Biden and John Edwards immediately come to mind. They finessed their way into your thinking they had the right stuff when they do not.

When Fred Thompson first hit the trail he was woefully out of touch with the global issues but he quickly learned enough to look credible. It takes more than 8 weeks of intense study of global issues to become conversant on these subjects. That is why it took your president-elect three tries to figure out the right thing to say in the Georgian crisis.

But anyone can learn the facts of foreign policy. It takes wisdom and judgment to lead and Sarah Palin has that wisdom and judgment as long as you aren't sexist.

If there was a wisdom test I'd say she would pass it with flying colors and Joe (Plugs) Biden would not.

I was just trying to do you a favor to keep you from appearing to be a leftist, deconstructionist, anarchist, kook.

Stupid and powerful is just a bad combination, from anyone.

You have a good point, but one thing, and I wanted to wait to respond to be as concise as possible to ensure respect here. The term I think that should be used is nationalistic, I am blindly patriotic, I love this country, it's founding principles of governance and the concept of maximum freedom, yet hate what the government has become, in that sense I am a patriot whereas some would be nationalists(which can be dangerous) who defend government because it has "of the United States of America" behind it. I would defend to the death my neighbors from any outside threat, and I would fight to the death for your right to disagree even while fighting tooth and nail to defeat your argument, simply for the fact that others have paid enormous sums(including life) to protect the concepts we were founded on and I believe we owe it to them to do so.

In what way do you think she was ignorant such that many in Congress aren't also but whom you'd consider [Fredo]smaht[/Fredo]?

I don't recall stating that I thought many in Congress were smart.

It seems that what is judged to be adequate political knowledge is judged on a low curve these days. Biden and John Edwards immediately come to mind. They finessed their way into your thinking they had the right stuff when they do not.

Sigh... you're right. It's not like being head of the Foreign Relations Committee means that you're politically educated. :roll:

When Fred Thompson first hit the trail he was woefully out of touch with the global issues but he quickly learned enough to look credible. It takes more than 8 weeks of intense study of global issues to become conversant on these subjects. That is why it took your president-elect three tries to figure out the right thing to say in the Georgian crisis.

My president elect? Are you not American? Last time I checked, he was all of our president elect.

But anyone can learn the facts of foreign policy. It takes wisdom and judgment to lead and Sarah Palin has that wisdom and judgment as long as you aren't sexist.

What wisdom? She has never shown that she is knowledgeable in Foreign Affairs, Economics, Government or Social issues.

If there was a wisdom test I'd say she would pass it with flying colors and Joe (Plugs) Biden would not.

Wonderful. Though, plugging pure opinion into your argument does little to help it.

I was just trying to do you a favor to keep you from appearing to be a leftist, deconstructionist, anarchist, kook.

I am not leftist. I am not an anarchist or a deconstructionist. I suggest you better educate yourself on others' political views rather than make laughable assumptions that only make you look foolish.

If she was even remotely educated, which she is not.

The blindly partisan annoy me.
While you are posting such obviously fatuous goads, you might want to lean back from labeling others as “divisive and ignorant”. You might also want to figure out how you reached the conclusion that Palin not even “remotely educated” minus blindly partisan rationalization.

Clearly you feel much more comfortable playing at dialogue and throwing out bromides such as you don’t think many in congress are smart. Which is dumb on the face of things. Particularly when matched up against your comments, such as “plugging pure opinion into your argument does little to help it” and other glib fluff. As if you have done anything other than that yourself. Chuckle.

Perhaps you would do well to head the following advice blithely offered and utterly contradictory:
I suggest you better educate yourself on others' political views rather than make laughable assumptions that only make you look foolish.

I never noticed anything very religious about Palin. No more than most Americans. And that's just the thing. When the Left is so hateful of a self made, church going, working mother from a small town, it shows how out of touch they are with the typical American.

The Left's hatred of Palin really put them in a very negative light for most Americans.

I
The Left's hatred of Palin really put them in a very negative light for most Americans.

Yeah that is why she is on her way to VP's mansion:roll:

You are mistaken.

The only thing she lacked was a few months of serious study of global issues.

In every other respect she was superior to Joe Biden. And in some ways she had better qualifications than Barack Obama.

Remember that Sarah Palin has:

Managed a billion dollar state economy and budget.

Managed dozens of thousands of state employees.

Dealt with employee and union issues.

Went toe to toe with Big Oil and renegotiated a $40 Billion natural gas pipeline deal.

And in addition to her other gubernatorial duties, Palin also took on the entrenched establishment in her own state party leadership to root out corruption.

Something not even Shwarzenegger has dared to try in California.

On the other hand, neither Biden nor Obama have this level of successful administration or dealt with such issue or managed a budget as large as she has.

In addition, Joe Biden suggested giving Iran $200 Million after 9/11 so they would like us. :shock:

In addition, he is a HUGE supporter of the United Nations.

And he proposed partitioning Iraq into three parts, an idea the Iraqis quickly kicked to the curb. As well they would have. When we hear people talk about how America comes into a country and runs roughshod over their culture and tradition and history, this idea gives us an idea of the mentality of Washington's long time elected officials who think they can do whatever they want.

He is a very nice man but just an awfully mediocre guy when it comes to foreign policy even though he's been exposed to it for 30 years.

Give Sarah Palin 4 years and you watch how much she learns.

What can be learned, she will learn. What can't be learned she already has and Biden never will have.
Sarah Palin is a ****ing liar!

Why is the Republican Right okay with liars for leaders?

Yeah that is why she is on her way to VP's mansion:roll:

I think people thought she wasn't ready to be president but they also thought the disrespect shown her by the Left was despicable.

Not a good way to win friends among the voters.

While you are posting such obviously fatuous goads, you might want to lean back from labeling others as “divisive and ignorant”. You might also want to figure out how you reached the conclusion that Palin not even “remotely educated” minus blindly partisan rationalization.

Clearly you feel much more comfortable playing at dialogue and throwing out bromides such as you don’t think many in congress are smart. Which is dumb on the face of things. Particularly when matched up against your comments, such as “plugging pure opinion into your argument does little to help it” and other glib fluff. As if you have done anything other than that yourself. Chuckle.

Perhaps you would do well to head the following advice blithely offered and utterly contradictory:

Your pseudo-intellectual rant is amusing but lacking any real substance. You failed to even remotely back up your argument, which happened to be loaded with opinion. Hardly surprising.

I came to the conclusion that she's uneducated by watching her speeches, debates, interviews, etc. Through this I came to a conclusion. If that is blindly partisan to you, I suggest you re-evaluate things.

Your pseudo-intellectual rant is amusing but lacking any real substance. You failed to even remotely back up your argument, which happened to be loaded with opinion. Hardly surprising.

I came to the conclusion that she's uneducated by watching her speeches, debates, interviews, etc. Through this I came to a conclusion. If that is blindly partisan to you, I suggest you re-evaluate things.

Yes yes of course I completely failed to back up my idiotic assertion that Governor Palin is “not even remotely educated” and I feel so embarrassed about it! :dohSo much so that now I’m claiming that by watching speeches and other stuff on television, I’ve decided this supersedes reality and of course the factual record. Naturally I’m doing this asinine dance because I’m a blindly pseudo intellectual partisan! Chuckle.

Remember down is up and up is down! Even if a sentient alien tells you otherwise while tripping. :devil:

Last edited:
I think people thought she wasn't ready to be president but they also thought the disrespect shown her by the Left was despicable.

Not a good way to win friends among the voters.
She deserved everything she got.

Maybe if she wouldn't have lied so much, people would think differently. But she didn't and earned the opinion of her of being a hypocritical dumbass who shouldn't be anywhere near a public office.

Back
Top Bottom