• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Republican Party has gone Crazy

How many of you out there can bring yourselves to vote for the new Republican party in our next elec

• Yes

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
True. However, voting for a Republican house or senate candidate who isn't risks turning the Senate or House over to those who are.
Yup, I understand that argument entirely - it's one that the GOP employs against moderate Democrats all the time.

I liked the post, but, think you are wrong about Mike Pence lacking any integrity - when the chips were down and the pressure the greatest, he did his job, at the cost of any future run himself, and at the cost of making himself an enemy of the only section of the electorate left that was likely to support him.
He should’ve invoked the 25th amendment and removed Trump from office immediately after Jan 6th.

Yup, I understand that argument entirely - it's one that the GOP employs against moderate Democrats all the time.
In the past has made Republicans seem reasonable. Now Republicans are the unreasonable ones.

We do vote for individuals, but that's besides the point. When you vote for a Republican in 2020, 2022, and 2024, you're getting a representative that must embrace/defend/cover for the worst president in modern history. There are only a handful of Republicans who actually distance themselves from Trump.
Your last sentence is tragically true - and even those who do (McCarthy, comes to mind) often then backtrack.

He should’ve invoked the 25th amendment and removed Trump from office immediately after Jan 6th.
We lacked the necessary permanent Cabinet personnel willing to do so, as I recall. I supported impeachment at the time (and the time before), but would have supported that maneuver as well, had it been plausible.

The craziness generally isn't a matter of policy, though, but of obsequious servitude to an orange man-child currently sulking in Florida.

An example: in 2016, the Senator up for reelection from my state said that, if people didn't want to vote for Trump, then he didn't want them to vote for him. Okedoke, I took him at his word. That didn't require that my vote for Representative or State office be anything other than a reflection of my policy preferences.

Poor Character can absolutely disqualify a candidate, in my opinion, but it is not the only thing.
And why did that obsequious servitude to an orange man-child start in the first place? Because that's who they are.

We lacked the necessary permanent Cabinet personnel willing to do so, as I recall. I supported impeachment at the time (and the time before), but would have supported that maneuver as well, had it been plausible.
I think he might’ve been able to do it and thrown Trump out of office while the rioters were still in the capitol building.

The craziness generally isn't a matter of policy, though, but of obsequious servitude to an orange man-child currently sulking in Florida.

An example: in 2016, the Senator up for reelection from my state said that, if people didn't want to vote for Trump, then he didn't want them to vote for him. Okedoke, I took him at his word. That didn't require that my vote for Representative or State office be anything other than a reflection of my policy preferences.

Poor Character can absolutely disqualify a candidate, in my opinion, but it is not the only thing.

A truly bad character makes it nearly impossible for me to see past that.

I liked the post, but, think you are wrong about Mike Pence lacking any integrity - when the chips were down and the pressure the greatest, he did his job, at the cost of any future run himself, and at the cost of making himself an enemy of the only section of the electorate left that was likely to support him. That was after years of bending over backwards in slavish obedience to a man who was anathema to Pence's beliefs, sure, but, it still happened.

I think he lacks a lot of backbone, and am not a fan, but, I don't think I would say he lacks any integrity - he has, in one area, demonstrated that he does have some.

On the religious alignment: I mostly come to that discussion by focusing in on how terrible it is for the Church. Christians can serve faithfully in politics without having to try to push the Church into one Party or the other, and faithful Christians should probably have major problems with both parties when they mis-align with Biblical teaching. As someone who is both Christian and Conservative, I mourn for what Conservative Christianity has done :(

He didn't do something he had no power to do and you think that's integrity? The guy is an opportunist and nothing more. In the end, the Christianity he cloaks himself in is nothing more than a tool to use. The guy spent 2 months promoting the big lie before he refused to do what he had no power to do. When he ended his silence after January 6th, in his first public appearance he did nothing but shower Trump with praise.

As a Christian can you imagine promoting a man like Trump, and even worse, being complicit in all of his lies? No one with any integrity does that.

Your last sentence is tragically true - and even those who do (McCarthy, comes to mind) often then backtrack.
This is precisely the problem: The current state of the GOP is not about policy. It is about who supports Trump. Any Republican who claims to be anti-Trump, will eventually "change their mind". Larry Hogan maybe the only Republican I trust.

You name it and Republicans are on the wrong side.

My question is:

How many of you out there can bring yourselves to vote for the new Republican party in our next election?

Your opening assertion renders this thread entirely worthless. Among republicants there are those with different views on many issues or policy positions and, of course, that is true among demorats as well. Trying to equate Liz Cheney and Mitch McConnell is as moronic as trying to equate Joe Manchin and AOC based on sharing a party label.

You name it and Republicans are on the wrong side.

My question is:

How many of you out there can bring yourselves to vote for the new Republican party in our next election?

I'd vote for every libertarian on the ballot if I thought there was chance to actually win. And I'd for the Republican candidate on the ballot, other than Trump, against almost any Democrat were I to bother casting a vote.

Trumpism without Trump would be most delightful.

And why did that obsequious servitude to an orange man-child start in the first place? Because that's who they are.
Well, no - because they were terrified of his base, which, it's worth noting from the 2015/2016 primary contests, was not a majority of the GOP, but a plurality, as so. many. contenders. split the rest of the field. The GOP (especially most of it's elected membership) aren't Trumpian populist idiots - they are cowards.

Last edited:
McCarthy couldn't even find enough thoughtful Reps. to put on the insurrection investigation committee.
Not one person has been charged with insurrection yet many have been imprisoned without trial; Iraqis held at Abu Ghraib were treated better.
Pelosi couldn't have Republicans who might ask who killed Ashli Babbitt or about the utter failure of the Capitol police to secure the Capitol. They might ask about the FBI's involvement? Or they might ask about the majority party's totally unaccountable police force.
Thoughtful is the last thing Pelosi could have; she needs a rubber stamp to validate the totally fictional narrative to be spun.

He didn't do something he had no power to do and you think that's integrity? The guy is an opportunist and nothing more. In the end, the Christianity he cloaks himself in is nothing more than a tool to use. The guy spent 2 months promoting the big lie before he refused to do what he had no power to do. When he ended his silence after January 6th, in his first public appearance he did nothing but shower Trump with praise.

As a Christian can you imagine promoting a man like Trump, and even worse, being complicit in all of his lies? No one with any integrity does that.

Trump was trying to get him to create additional chaos, and he refused, to his own detriment. I don't know if I would say his Christianity is only a tool, to him, but agree with you about 98% of the way on the rest. It is worth noting that he has put his and his family's life through additional hell to say No to Jan 6th, which, I think, does keep him from that kind of absolutist measure, is all :)

A truly bad character makes it nearly impossible for me to see past that.
A truly bad character is disqualifying - your policies can be great, and I still won't vote for you. Similarly, bad policies are disqualifying - your character can't override them (in terms of me voting for you).

I vote for freedom so that excludes the Democrat Party.

Freedom as you can do whatever you want is a misunderstanding of its meaning.

... we don't vote for parties? We vote for individuals. While I share some of your general sentiment, that doesn't mean every member of the GOP is insane.
LOL They are all tarred with the same brush regardless. The party of Trump must be vanquished entirely. The message that sends is the only way to cleanse them of the filth they have collected. Wake up and smell the stench.

... we don't vote for parties? We vote for individuals. While I share some of your general sentiment, that doesn't mean every member of the GOP is insane.
Yeah, right. Look what happens to individuals who stand for the constitution and against trump. They get black-balled. Your post is extremely ignorant, given recent history.

The Democrats appear to be running scared. Does anyone remember the Russia Collusion delusion, where Democrats and their minion on social media lied non stop about reality, until Mueller took the wind out of their sails. The Democrats are good at lying and running scams, but eventually it backfires on them.

This round of self delusion and projection is because they are still afraid of Trump. He can still draw crowds beyond any Democrat in the field, and they have to do damage control.

Does anyone remember WikiLeaks, when data from the Democrat National Committee server was leaked and it showed that the 2016 Democrat primary was stolen from Bernie Sanders, with a type of internal election fraud called Super Delegates. The Super Delegate scam was where many of Bernie Sanders popular votes, were essentially given to Hillary, by giving her more representation for less votes. Voter fraud is not new to the Democrats. If you recall, they never denied this voter fraud, when Wikileaks exposed it, but rather they used the strategy of attacking the messenger and making that the issue. This sounds familiar even today.

You guys need new tactics since you have become too predictable. It is like shooting fish in a barrel. I almost feel embarrassed for you. How about you tell us about the good things that have been done under Biden instead of projecting Democrats failings onto Trump. You guys have a credibility problem and this tired tactic is making it worse.

I used to be a Democrat, until it was taken over by corrupt fools and con artists. I call them the hippie-crates, since they were once the hippies who saw a better future and then betrayed that to become more self serving than Nixon.

The party will have to be destroyed at the polls and rebuilt as something sane. This has not happened yet.

The Republican Party has gone Crazy?​

download.png

"HAS" GONE?

GOP-crybabies.jpg

Back
Top Bottom