• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Republican News Channel, Fox, Trashes Cruz And Excuses The Donald

TheHammer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Watching the Republican’s party channel today, (FOX), it’s been humorous to this anti-political party guy that they’re bashing Ole Lyin Ted, the nice guy for not honoring his pledge to support the party nominee. Nary a one of the Fox crew commended Ole Lyin Ted, the nice guy for standing on the principle of defending his wife and father from the outrageous public insults Donald Trump slandered Cruz’s wife and father with. It’s perfectly apparent to me that the narrative at Fox is “the party,” comes before everything and anything. Whatever you do as a candidate in the Republican party, you must swallow every nasty insult and outrageous slanderous lie from The Donald because, (for no other reason), he’s ”THE PARTY” nominee.

Monica Crowley said on Fox today that Cruz committed political suicide by reneging on ”THE PLEDGE.”

My reply to Monica is “Greater love hath no man but that he lay down his political life to avenge his wife and father.”

IF Cruz committed political suicide for his revenge, then at least he’s a man of principle relative to the honor of his family.

If Hillary Clinton becomes President, it won’t be because Cruz didn’t endorse Trump, it will be because Republicans anointed a trash-mouthed narcissist to oppose the Benghazi Beast.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the politicos on cable promote a pledge by the politicians to support the Constitution instead of the party?

Last edited:
Watching the Republican’s party channel today, (FOX), it’s been humorous to this anti-political party guy that they’re bashing Ole Lyin Ted, the nice guy for not honoring his pledge to support the party nominee. Nary a one of the Fox crew commended Ole Lyin Ted, the nice guy for standing on the principle of defending his wife and father from the outrageous public insults Donald Trump slandered Cruz’s wife and father with. It’s perfectly apparent to me that the narrative at Fox is “the party,” comes before everything and anything. Whatever you do as a candidate in the Republican party, you must swallow every nasty insult and outrageous slanderous lie from The Donald because, (for no other reason), he’s ”THE PARTY” nominee.

Monica Crowley said on Fox today that Cruz committed political suicide by reneging on ”THE PLEDGE.”

My reply to Monica is “Greater love hath no man but that he lay down his political life to avenge his wife and father.”

IF Cruz committed political suicide for his revenge, then at least he’s a man of principle relative to the honor of his family.

If Hillary Clinton becomes President, it won’t be because Cruz didn’t endorse Trump, it will be because Republicans anointed a trash-mouthed narcissist to oppose the Benghazi Beast.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the politicos on cable promote a pledge by the politicians to support the Constitution instead of the party?

I don't like Cruz. I mean, I really don't like Cruz. But I gotta give him props for standing up for what he knew was right against the stupid trash-mouthed idiot who smeared his dad and essentially threatened his wife. He's got my respect. He'll never get my vote, but he does get my respect.

And the GOP as a whole? I've professed my admiration for Bush 41 many times (find a progressive who'll say that!) - he's a man of honor and of demonstrated courage and real wisdom. I'd say it speaks volumes that neither he and his sons neither endorsed Trump nor attended the convention.

Reagan once said that he didn't leave the Democratic party, but that the Democratic party left him...and I've said the same thing, that the GOP left me back in the early 1990's. Now it seems that the GOP's left the Bush family...and much of what Reagan stood for. Reagan (whom I happily voted for) would NEVER have tolerated a rude, potty-mouthed demagogue such as Trump.

Yup.

Assuming Trump gets his tail handed to him this November (which part of me thinks might be his aim), then It's going to be very interesting in 2018, 2020, to watch people suddenly try to pretend that they didn't stand then where they are standing now.

I don't like Cruz. I mean, I really don't like Cruz. But I gotta give him props for standing up for what he knew was right against the stupid trash-mouthed idiot who smeared his dad and essentially threatened his wife. He's got my respect. He'll never get my vote, but he does get my respect.

And the GOP as a whole? I've professed my admiration for Bush 41 many times (find a progressive who'll say that!) - he's a man of honor and of demonstrated courage and real wisdom. I'd say it speaks volumes that neither he and his sons neither endorsed Trump nor attended the convention.

Reagan once said that he didn't leave the Democratic party, but that the Democratic party left him...and I've said the same thing, that the GOP left me back in the early 1990's. Now it seems that the GOP's left the Bush family...and much of what Reagan stood for. Reagan (whom I happily voted for) would NEVER have tolerated a rude, potty-mouthed demagogue such as Trump.

Did you see where Bush made a comment that he is afraid he will be the last Republican President? I think he might be right, even if Trump wins he's not really a Republican in the sense that Bush and Reagan, etc were.

Yup.

Assuming Trump gets his tail handed to him this November (which part of me thinks might be his aim), then It's going to be very interesting in 2018, 2020, to watch people suddenly try to pretend that they didn't stand then where they are standing now.

The credibility of a good chunk of right-wing media -- especially among conservatives -- hinges on Trump's electoral fortunes. Should he lose, and he likely will, a lot of these outlets (Fox, Breitbart) who have gone all in on Trump may very well attempt to pivot back only to find nobody waiting for them to return from this flight of fancy.

That's hilarious! So when Trump's wife was attacked (first by a CRUZ PAC) were you saying then:

The multitude of lies and spew against Trump coming directly from Cruz gets a pass from you. Remember, during the primary Trump never went after any other candidate who didn't attack him first.

Cruz has no principles. It's whatever he thinks will get him elected.

The credibility of a good chunk of right-wing media -- especially among conservatives -- hinges on Trump's electoral fortunes. Should he lose, and he likely will, a lot of these outlets (Fox, Breitbart) who have gone all in on Trump may very well attempt to pivot back only to find nobody waiting for them to return from this flight of fancy.

Yup. There's a reason CNN is surging against FOX - and it's because they decided to alienate a significant chunk of their viewers.

Yup.

I can only hope this prediction will be as good as your others have been thus far. If that is the case it will be President Elect Trump this November.

That's hilarious! So when Trump's wife was attacked (first by a CRUZ PAC) were you saying then

I like how the Trump fan narratives depend on lies. :) Just like their orange god-king. :)

I can only hope this prediction will be as good as your others have been thus far. If that is the case it will be President Elect Trump this November.

:shrug: he has a chance at it. Current odds are at about 39% likelihood of him winning.

Against Hillary Clinton. The most disliked, distrusted, reviled candidate that the Democrats have put up..... probably ever. Both parties went with their worst possible option this year.

Did you see where Bush made a comment that he is afraid he will be the last Republican President? I think he might be right, even if Trump wins he's not really a Republican in the sense that Bush and Reagan, etc were.

When was Bush a "Republican?" Is republicanism BIG intrusive government like the Patriot Act? Is republicanism the redistribution of the Faith Based Initiative and Prescription Drugs For Seniors?

And here all this time I thought republicanism was "LIMITED GOVERNMENT?"

I like how the Trump fan narratives depend on lies. :) Just like their orange god-king. :)

The Trumpanzees' "narrative" barely qualifies as coherent. Much like the stubby-fingered vulgarian, the narrative shifts direction approximately every 140 characters.

That's hilarious! So when Trump's wife was attacked (first by a CRUZ PAC) were you saying then:

Did Cruz say, "I'm Ted Cruz and I endorse this message?" Where's your evidence that Cruz had anything to do with what the PAC did? The evidence for what Donald said came strait from the horse's ass mouth.

The multitude of lies and spew against Trump coming directly from Cruz gets a pass from you. Remember, during the primary Trump never went after any other candidate who didn't attack him first.

Cruz has no principles. It's whatever he thinks will get him elected.

I'll await for you to report those "lies." Anybody can make accusations, evidence talks, accusations without evidence walks.

Yup. There's a reason CNN is surging against FOX - and it's because they decided to alienate a significant chunk of their viewers.

CNN seems to be actually making a real effort to become the real "fair and balanced" cable channel. We'll see when the Democrat Convention gets going. I still detect some amount of leftism on CNN.

The Trumpanzees' "narrative" barely qualifies as coherent. Much like the stubby-fingered vulgarian, the narrative shifts direction approximately every 140 characters.

And Hillary is the poster child for honesty and integrity, right?

The GOP had a chance to nominate a decent candidate that could have handily beaten Clinton. It chose not to. Let's say 40% of the Republican Party choose to nominate Trump, the rest wanted someone else. In the battle of delegates, the 40% outpointed the other 60%.

I don't blame Cruz one bit. Not after all the things Trump did and said about him and his family. In my opinion he was much too nice to Trump, too gracious. Trump made his enemies of Cruz, Kasich, Rubio and the Bush's. He did that on his own. It was his choice to start the feuding. Now that he is the nominee he wants everything he said and did forgiven and forgotten. Trump must of never heard of Ronald Reagan, of Reagan's 11th commandment. Of course not, Trump was a Democrat back then. He probably bad mouthed Reagan as much as he has the Bush's.

Trump made his own bed, he made his own enemies. Now he must sleep in the bed he made and live with his enemies he also made. If Trump loses, it will be by his own hand and his own making. Not by Cruz's, Kasich's, the Bush's or anyone else. The Republicans knew all along that the baggage laden, corrupt and laugh in the face of putting classified national security information at risk Clinton was always beating Trump. They also knew Kasich, Rubio, Carson, and for the most part Cruz was beating her. So they nominated the loser. They wanted to make a statement by choosing Trump, not win the November election.

Independent really, really dislike Clinton. They were looking for someone decent to be nominated by the Republican Party so they could vote against Clinton. But the GOP didn't go along with that. Instead they nominated Trump, another candidate independents abhor. In fact 54% of all independents have a very negative view of both Trump and Clinton. Second table down.

One in Four Americans Dislike Both Presidential Candidates

In fact 24% of Republicans dislike both Trump and Clinton and 20% of Democrats hold that negative view of both.

That's a lot of vote available to a decent candidate, if either the GOP or the Democrats had nominate one. If they had which ever that decent candidate would be, they would be ahead of either candidate by 10-20 points.

As for the pledge, Trump broke it too. That isn't getting reported on is it?

Hillarys narrative is set in stone. She is considered corrupt, dishonest, power hungry elitist, and has the charisma of a dishrag. Also no accomplishments except the failed reset with Russia, and failed foreign policy that put Libya in state it is in today.

Like Carly said flying is an activity, not an accomplishment.

Did Cruz say, "I'm Ted Cruz and I endorse this message?" Where's your evidence that Cruz had anything to do with what the PAC did? The evidence for what Donald said came strait from the horse's ass mouth.

I'll await for you to report those "lies." Anybody can make accusations, evidence talks, accusations without evidence walks.

We've been over all this already and you Cruz shippers just won't accept your little darling is an old time dirty tricks politician with honey on his tongue and knives behind his back. The fact remains that Trump's wife was attacked first and by a CRUZ supporting PAC. Cruz remained silent on the ad until after he reaped the benefits of it.

I'm stuck listening to Fox News right now and I'm not hearing quite this same narrative you're portraying - People are being interviewed with questions asks, and some are supporting him and some aren't (referring to the interviewees) . . . and at the moment there hasn't been any 'talking heads' on - the commentators as opposed to reporters. *shrug*

But of course I support Cruz's decision to keep his integrity fully in tact.

CNN seems to be actually making a real effort to become the real "fair and balanced" cable channel. We'll see when the Democrat Convention gets going. I still detect some amount of leftism on CNN.

It's still there. But like you said - the effort is discernible. They deserve credit for that, and they are a better news station because of it.

When was Bush a "Republican?" Is republicanism BIG intrusive government like the Patriot Act? Is republicanism the redistribution of the Faith Based Initiative and Prescription Drugs For Seniors?

I cant argue that, but liberalism has crept into the Republican party, no doubt due to the duopoly overlords. Nothing makes the rich and powerful more rich and powerful than liberalism.

I watch plenty of CNN, as my wife loves to have the news on. And since neither of us is stupid, we don't watch Fox or MSNBC, so CNN is really the only news channel left, even if they feel a little too much like TMZ at times.

With as much CNN as I watch, I can tell you they seem to make a very genuine effort to provide voices from both Democrats and Republicans. Most of their hosts seem to hold views more in line with Democrats, but with the exception of Chris Cuomo, almost all of the hosts are very patient and respectful to Republican guests and pundits.

CNN is most definitely the most centrist station of the three.
The fact remains that Trump's wife was attacked first and by a CRUZ supporting PAC. Cruz remained silent on the ad until after he reaped the benefits of it.
This is something I don't understand. How was Trump's wife attacked first? The only thing of which I'm aware is an ad which included a picture for which Melania willingly posed.

I fully admit I have not seen the ad, so if you could tell me what was so offensive, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
And Hillary is the poster child for honesty and integrity, right?

See, ladies and gentlemen, this is what we call a Strawman Argument. Invent a position, then attack it.

If you can link to the post where I've claimed Hillary is "the poster child for honesty and integrity," please, by all means, feel free.

When was Bush a "Republican?"

I dunno, he ran for Congress in 1978 as a Republican, so at least since then. Or are we engaging in No True Scotsman as well as Strawman fallacies?

Is republicanism BIG intrusive government like the Patriot Act? Is republicanism the redistribution of the Faith Based Initiative and Prescription Drugs For Seniors?

Yeah, you thought that, because the Republican party has been selling you a false bill of goods for decades.

The GOP talks a good game about small government and fiscal responsibility, but it hasn't backed up that talk in my memory, and I have been following politics to some degree for damn near 30 years.

Hillarys narrative is set in stone. She is considered corrupt, dishonest, power hungry elitist, and has the charisma of a dishrag. Also no accomplishments except the failed reset with Russia, and failed foreign policy that put Libya in state it is in today.

Like Carly said flying is an activity, not an accomplishment.

Running HP into the ground is also an activity, not an accomplishment.

I don't think you know what a "narrative" is.

Back
Top Bottom