• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Republican blueprint to steal the 2024 election

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"The cornerstone of the (2020) plan was to have the Supreme Court embrace the little known "independent state legislature" doctrine, which, in turn, would pave the way for exploitation of the Electoral College process and the Electoral Count Act, and finally for Vice President Mike Pence to reject enough swing state electoral votes to overturn the election using Pence's ceremonial power under the 12th Amendment and award the presidency to Donald Trump.The independent state legislature doctrine says that, under the Elections and the Electors Clauses of the Constitution, state legislatures possess plenary and exclusive power over the conduct of federal presidential elections and the selection of state presidential electors. Not even a state supreme court, let alone other state elections officials, can alter the legislatively written election rules or interfere with the appointment of state electors by the legislatures, under this theory. The Supreme Court has never decided whether to embrace the independent state legislature doctrine. But then-Chief Justice William Rehnquist, and Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas in separate concurring opinions said they would embrace that doctrine in Bush v. Gore, 20 years earlier, and Republicans had every reason to believe there were at least five votes on the Supreme Court for the doctrine in November 2020, with Amy Coney Barrett having just been confirmed in the eleventh hour before the election.

Trump and the Republicans began executing this first stage of their plan months before November 3, by challenging as violative of the independent state legislature doctrine election rules relating to early- and late-voting, extensions of voting days and times, mail-in ballots, and other election law changes that Republicans contended had been unlawfully altered by state officials and state courts in swing states such as Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, North Carolina and Michigan. ...Thwarted by the Supreme Court's indecision on that doctrine, Trump and the Republicans turned their efforts to the second stage of their plan, exploitation of the Electoral College and the Electoral Count Act. ...The Electoral Count Act empowers Congress to decide the presidency in a host of circumstances where Congress determines that state electoral votes were not "regularly given" by electors who were "lawfully certified," terms that are undefined and ambiguous. ...The Republicans' plan failed at this stage when they were unable to secure a single legitimate, alternative slate of electors from any state because the various state officials refused to officially certify these Trump-urged slates.

...Trump and the Republicans can only be stopped from stealing the 2024 election at this point if the Supreme Court rejects the independent state legislature doctrine (thus allowing state court enforcement of state constitutional limitations on legislatively enacted election rules and elector appointments) and Congress amends the Electoral Count Act to constrain Congress' own power to reject state electoral votes and decide the presidency."

Link

2020 was practice run. The chickens come home to roost in 2024. Are you ready for the madness?

"The cornerstone of the (2020) plan was to have the Supreme Court embrace the little known "independent state legislature" doctrine, which, in turn, would pave the way for exploitation of the Electoral College process and the Electoral Count Act, and finally for Vice President Mike Pence to reject enough swing state electoral votes to overturn the election using Pence's ceremonial power under the 12th Amendment and award the presidency to Donald Trump.The independent state legislature doctrine says that, under the Elections and the Electors Clauses of the Constitution, state legislatures possess plenary and exclusive power over the conduct of federal presidential elections and the selection of state presidential electors. Not even a state supreme court, let alone other state elections officials, can alter the legislatively written election rules or interfere with the appointment of state electors by the legislatures, under this theory. The Supreme Court has never decided whether to embrace the independent state legislature doctrine. But then-Chief Justice William Rehnquist, and Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas in separate concurring opinions said they would embrace that doctrine in Bush v. Gore, 20 years earlier, and Republicans had every reason to believe there were at least five votes on the Supreme Court for the doctrine in November 2020, with Amy Coney Barrett having just been confirmed in the eleventh hour before the election.

Trump and the Republicans began executing this first stage of their plan months before November 3, by challenging as violative of the independent state legislature doctrine election rules relating to early- and late-voting, extensions of voting days and times, mail-in ballots, and other election law changes that Republicans contended had been unlawfully altered by state officials and state courts in swing states such as Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, North Carolina and Michigan. ...Thwarted by the Supreme Court's indecision on that doctrine, Trump and the Republicans turned their efforts to the second stage of their plan, exploitation of the Electoral College and the Electoral Count Act. ...The Electoral Count Act empowers Congress to decide the presidency in a host of circumstances where Congress determines that state electoral votes were not "regularly given" by electors who were "lawfully certified," terms that are undefined and ambiguous. ...The Republicans' plan failed at this stage when they were unable to secure a single legitimate, alternative slate of electors from any state because the various state officials refused to officially certify these Trump-urged slates.

...Trump and the Republicans can only be stopped from stealing the 2024 election at this point if the Supreme Court rejects the independent state legislature doctrine (thus allowing state court enforcement of state constitutional limitations on legislatively enacted election rules and elector appointments) and Congress amends the Electoral Count Act to constrain Congress' own power to reject state electoral votes and decide the presidency."

Link

2020 was practice run. The chickens come home to roost in 2024. Are you ready for the madness?

Righties don't want to govern. Righties want to rule. They'll get there by ANY means that they can.

I don't know for sure if they cheated on either side in 2020.
I do wish Trump would have won. Then we, as a nation, wouldn't have to suffer through the failing and incompetent Biden administration.
My God, almost 3 more years of this clown.

Link

Why do you assume that the Republican candidate in 2024 won't simply get clearly more votes than the Democratic candidate?

“I’m not getting in the car, Tim,” Pence said. “I trust you, Tim, but you’re not driving the car. If I get in that vehicle, you guys are taking off. I’m not getting in the car.”​

Around this time, Kellogg ran into Tony Ornato in the West Wing. Ornato, who oversaw Secret Service movements, told him that Pence’s detail was planning to move the vice president to Joint Base Andrews.​
“You can’t do that, Tony,” Kellogg said. “Leave him where he’s at. He’s got a job to do. I know you guys too well. You’ll fly him to Alaska if you have a chance. Don’t do it.”​
Pence had made clear to Giebels the level of his determination and Kellogg said there was no changing it.​
“He’s going to stay there,” Kellogg told Ornato. “If he has to wait there all night, he’s going to do it.”​
Ornato denied the conversation. His role is also something that will be chewed over plenty moving forward, including by the Jan. 6 committee. That’s because he was not only a senior Secret Service agent with oversight duties that day but also a political adviser to the White House — an unprecedented setup.​

I'm sure they just thought he wanted to rest his legs a little, take a spin around town...

I do wish Trump would have won. Then we, as a nation, wouldn't have to suffer through the failing and incompetent Biden administration.
Your misery comes from Sacramento, not Biden. Trust me. I know. I can see the land of fruits and nuts from my window. Everything is very strange over there.

The fine folk on the eastern slope of the Sierra, from Susanville down through Truckee, Tahoe, Bridgeport on to Bishop, try to escape by being more culturally linked to Northern Nevada than California - we feel their pain - but it's just not the same. I call it "Area 51-50."

Last edited:
Here's the Official Blueprint: Democratic Party Implodes All on its Own

they preach about being Christian

they tried to illegally stop Biden from assuming office

they still lie about the election

they still support a crook, conman and adultery like he's the savior

Why do you assume that the Republican candidate in 2024 won't simply get clearly more votes than the Democratic candidate?

According to some in the GOP the election system cannot be trusted. So as a voter, how can I be assured that the Republican candidate got more votes?
Maybe the election will be rigged for the Republican to win. :giggle:

The old mantra of "rigged / stolen" election still being promoted by some in the GOP is a big turn off for me.

So you entertain the Big Lie.

No "Commies"?

Why are you apposed to another 3 years of success??)

Link

There's another way to stop the Republicans, have a trial for every person guilty of treason. I know a dozen to get started on.. Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Georgia need to be purging their parties as we speak. I thought Trump would go down as the worst president of all time, but his name will only appear next to the worst tyrants in the history of civilization, and Ted Cruz will be there with him. It is a bit sad how low and pathetic people look when no amount of power is ever enough.

Conspiracy Theory fodder - and totally flushworthy.

they preach about being Christian

they tried to illegally stop Biden from assuming office

they still lie about the election

they still support a crook, conman and adultery like he's the savior

They are the Christian Taliban. They are exactly the same, but Christian instead of muslim. Terrorists

It’s called dominanism. That’s a three second google search for future reference

I've been a member of a conservative Christian church for decades and not once have I heard a word about "dominanism".

Pretty sure it is a scarecrow for you.

Back
Top Bottom