• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

the regressive left pandering to Islam.

I am Christian. If we allow "them" to persecute Muslims, how long will it be before we are next. I am no pacifist, but if they have committed no crime, this is suppose to be a free country at least. Again I know of no one who defends Muslims who kill people, besides maybe other terrorist.

I'm not a fan of persecution. But, neither am I a fan of double standards.

The left has no problem speaking out against Christians, but they are mum when it comes to Islam. If a Catholic priest molests a child, the whole religion, clear on up to the pope, takes a hit, for months. When a Muslim shoots up a gay bar, all we hear is, "We should not blame all Muslims."

I see no irony unless you think our future revolves around anything but politics. Could you tell me what would that be?

you told him he didn't care

so he threw it back at you and said you didn't care

and you have the utter gall to tell him he doesn't know you so he can't make that judgement

that sir is the height of irony

me neither, and I am deeply troubled by the labels used and slurs thrown out there

it's blind hate toward people who do not think as they do,

all this is going to go to a very bad place, it will be American killing American and Trump will crack the whip

a dark day is coming and the terrorists won't have to do much we will do it to ourselves

I suspect that Trump will be humiliated, as will his followers.

Should we blame all Muslims for one of them shooting up a gay bar...I think you just made my point.
I'm not a fan of persecution. But, neither am I a fan of double standards.

The left has no problem speaking out against Christians, but they are mum when it comes to Islam. If a Catholic priest molests a child, the whole religion, clear on up to the pope, takes a hit, for months. When a Muslim shoots up a gay bar, all we hear is, "We should not blame all Muslims."

In America. Would you suggest we go to war with Muslims world wide to defend Christians around the world?

I suggest we do something. And letting Islamic countries take care of themselves is a good start. Those societies will stagnate on their own, and as that happens the chance for reform increases or just the end of Islam.

you told him he didn't care

so he threw it back at you and said you didn't care

and you have the utter gall to tell him he doesn't know you so he can't make that judgement

that sir is the height of irony

All I can say is it must be contagious.

Not really though, even if Trump wins I still want what is best for America. A humiliated POTUS might not be what is best.
I so hope you are correct...I so hope

Should we blame all Muslims for one of them shooting up a gay bar...I think you just made my point.

We should also not blame all Catholics for the actions of a priest. But, the same people who do that won't condemn a religion that universally preaches intolerance to gays and demands women be subservient.

I just find it odd. Especially since Catholics are pretty liberal while Muslims are not.

I think he meant humiliated by defeat...I could be wrong but that was my take

yes. defeated by landslide, including losing the House and Senate.

In the wake of the massacre in Orlando, I've looked into Islam, and honestly I find it profoundly disturbing. Every Muslim believes the Quran, they also believe the punishments prescribed by Allah are correct. This means death to LGBT. So all true Islamic believers rejoiced at the slaying in Orlando.

So my question is, why defend Islam? It's everything that the worst or the worst of Christianity brings on its best day. After hearing so many criticisms of Christianity for nothing close to Islam for these same people to defend Islam is not just confusing but profoundly hypocritical.

And to my LGBT brothers and sisters that are left spectrum of politics, how can you defend a religion that rejoiced at this brutality?

Welcome to the light! Knowledge is power and you have gained some.

I really don't know anyone who blames all Catholics for the actions of a priest. Isn't that a straw man?
We should also not blame all Catholics for the actions of a priest. But, the same people who do that won't condemn a religion that universally preaches intolerance to gays and demands women be subservient.

I just find it odd. Especially since Catholics are pretty liberal while Muslims are not.

In the wake of the massacre in Orlando, I've looked into Islam, and honestly I find it profoundly disturbing. Every Muslim believes the Quran, they also believe the punishments prescribed by Allah are correct. This means death to LGBT. So all true Islamic believers rejoiced at the slaying in Orlando.

So my question is, why defend Islam? It's everything that the worst or the worst of Christianity brings on its best day. After hearing so many criticisms of Christianity for nothing close to Islam for these same people to defend Islam is not just confusing but profoundly hypocritical.

And to my LGBT brothers and sisters that are left spectrum of politics, how can you defend a religion that rejoiced at this brutality?

There is the thing and how the thing is used. A gun is neither good nor bad until a person uses it a particular way. A religion is a set of stories that can be interpreted into a set of beliefs but even that is just a thing that is neither inherently good or bad until a person uses it a particular way. We all know there are people who use Islam in a bad way, just as there are people who use just about every religion in a bad way, but the real question your thread begs is are there people who use it in a good way? And if there are, do we want to let those who use it in a bad way to dictate how we feel about and treat those who use it in a good way?

Islam however is the submission to the teachings in the Quran, a book that tells it's believers to kill all non believers. That's the problem.

What?

its not a problem( more of a problem then with any other relgios text ) if you dont believe in those bits or believe they only applied to some people under osme circumstances that no longer apply today

No they aren't. Jesus never said kill all the non believers. Mohammad did. Christianity doesn't wage jihad for 1400 years bleeding rivers red. Islam has.

um since weer still talking about the religion of people who dont believe in killing non believers yes still equal same with the jews and who ever else isn't out for blood

I really don't know anyone who blames all Catholics for the actions of a priest. Isn't that a straw man?

Nobody blames individual Catholics because their priest boinks a kid. However, if those individual Catholics continue supporting the church and giving money to the church, that just allows the church to keep paying out settlements and the church doesn't actually have to change their policies that allow these predators to not only run free, but be protected and hidden by the RCC. Every dollar that gets thrown into the collection plate keeps these predators safe.

Ladymoonlight has the following as part of her signature:

". . .“I have been made victorious with terror...” Mohammad, The Hadith, Bukhari (4.52.220) ..."

Except that's not what it says:

Bukhari: Allah's Apostle said, "I have been made victorious with Terror" (Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220)
Here is the complete narration reads as follows:

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with ru'b (extreme fear cast into the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).
Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220

By using the word 'Terror' for ru'b, the Islam-hater intends to convey the following definition of terror:

Violence committed or threatened by a group to intimidate or coerce a population, as for military or political purposes. (The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)

However, the word ru'b does not have that meaning at all. It refers to fright and anxiety. In fact, we can derive a better understanding of ru'b by examing other ahadith:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "I was given victory through Ru`b (fear and anxiety): the enemy becomes filled with Ru`b (fear and anxiety) even though they are the distance of a month's journey away from me." (Ahmad #20337)

The meaning is thus obvious that when the enemies' attempts to destroy the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) failed, they began to fear him as he grew in strength in Arabia and gained more followers. They feared and hated the religion he brought which preached equality and morality and would remove them from their position of corrupt tyrants who enslaved the poor and the non-Arabs.

It was fear of the mysterious power which granted Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his followers such rapid success. This fear was not the fear that resulted from past combat, as many Islam-haters would have us believe, rather it was a type of fear which prevents further combat.

As Jalal Abualrub notes:

Ru`b ', means, ‘anxious with fear': Here is a list of some of the Islamic resources explaining, ‘Ru`b', as, ‘Exessive Fear', and, ‘Awe': Fat`h al-Bari bi Shar`h Sahih al-Bukhari ; Tu`hfat al-A`hwadhi bi Shar'h Jami' at-Tirmidhi ; and, Shar`h Sunan an-Nasaii . These books were written by Muslim Scholars explaining Hadeeths contained in, Sahih al-Bukhari , and the Sunan collections of Imams at-Tirmidhi and an-Nasaii, respectively....

Al-Waqidi said in his, Maghazi , that Juwairiyah Bint al-Harith said, “ We were at the Muraisii` area when the Messenger of Allah marched forth towards us. I heard my father say, ‘There has come to us a gathering that we cannot resist.' I saw men and horses in such numbers that I cannot describe. After I became Muslim and the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, married me I looked at the Muslims and found their numbers to be less than what I had thought. I knew that this was Ru'b (excessive fear) that Allah, the Exalted, throws in the hearts of the polytheists.'”

There are many similar examples in which the enemies of Islam, who, just like the Muraisii` people, had gathered armies to attack Madinah and the Prophet, scattered throughout the desert in fear when they heard that the Prophet had gathered an army to resist their treacherous attacks. Many lives were saved through Allah throwing fear in the hearts of the enemies of Muhammad, peace be upon them, because his enemies feared him, fled and did not meet him in battle.
Thus, ‘excessive fear', in the Hadeeth...saved Muslims and many of their enemies the hardship of battle and warfare.
(Abualrub, The Prophet of Mercy, emphasis added)

So, the fear that the disbelievers had of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) can justly be compared to the fear a thief or murderer would have of a police officer. . .

SourceLies About Muhammad (1)

Do they blame Catholic people? No. Do they bash the Catholic religion as a whole? Yes.

It's like CLX said. They condemn Christianity in a minute whenever some extremist says something negative about gay marriage or promotes conversion therapy. But, Islam gets a pass when one of their nuts goes off the rails. In fact, those same people actually defend it. It's rather odd.

Nobody blames individual Catholics because their priest boinks a kid. However, if those individual Catholics continue supporting the church and giving money to the church, that just allows the church to keep paying out settlements and the church doesn't actually have to change their policies that allow these predators to not only run free, but be protected and hidden by the RCC. Every dollar that gets thrown into the collection plate keeps these predators safe.
Is not the same thing happening within Islam regarding the bombers and shooters? Do not Muslims continue to support their church, giving money and providing cover to those terrorists so they can persist?

It's not like we see Muslims protesting in front of a Mosque where a cleric preaches terror or supports ISIS. If the 1.6 Billion Muslims truly stood opposed to this violence, they would have no trouble stopping it.

Just to be factually correct, there were many... many... many priests molesting boys. It was the reason I left the church all together in Boston when a friend of mine almost committed suicide because of one of the Pope's finest.

Is not the same thing happening within Islam regarding the bombers and shooters? Do not Muslims continue to support their church, giving money and providing cover to those terrorists so they can persist?

It's not like we see Muslims protesting in front of a Mosque where a cleric preaches terror or supports ISIS. If the 1.6 Billion Muslims truly stood opposed to this violence, they would have no trouble stopping it.

In the case of Islam, there is no central church like there is with Catholicism. There is no central leadership like there is with Catholicism. Just giving money to your local mosque doesn't automatically mean that some of that money gets funneled to terrorism. That's not the case with Catholicism. So financially, it's the same thing.

Philosophically, I agree with you. You almost never see the religious demonstrating against the bad things done in the name of their religion unless something horrible happens and they're trying to distance themselves from bad publicity. Muslims come out to decry terrorism when someone blows up a bunch of innocents while yelling "Allahu Akbar". Christians come out to decry extremism when someone shoots an abortion doctor. But the rest of the time, I agree with you, they're just not interested.

Back
Top Bottom