• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The really real bias in the media

porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
At the heart of all the terrorism, hate for america, war, our presence in the mideast, etc has to do with americas relationships with israel. every american should know that we give israel tons of money, and what have they done for us? not much, besides continually get caught spying on us.

http://www.ifamericansonlyknew.org

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com

^ read about the history of zionism at this site - very interesting and opened my eyes.

porkchopexpress said:
At the heart of all the terrorism, hate for america, war, our presence in the mideast, etc has to do with americas relationships with israel. every american should know that we give israel tons of money, and what have they done for us? not much, besides continually get caught spying on us.

http://www.ifamericansonlyknew.org

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com

^ read about the history of zionism at this site - very interesting and opened my eyes.

So if we let the Arabs and Islamist wipe out the Jews and Israel then everything will be peaceful in the world. Interesting concept.

Stinger said:
So if we let the Arabs and Islamist wipe out the Jews and Israel then everything will be peaceful in the world. Interesting concept.

Yeah..

There's an old Spanish saying:

When you see your neighbor's beard on fire, go soak yours.

Some people still don't get it. Jews and arabs are the same people. They are both Semites. Arabs don't hate Jews because they are Jews. They hate them because of what they represent: Western values. Equality for women.

I'm sorry but the Arab worlds hatred of Jews is solely based on Isreal displacing millions of Arabs and waging war on their Arab neighbours over the past 50 years, as well as their collusions with the west and the U.S. specifically.

N.B. America has done far more to halt the spread of democracy in the middle east than they have to encourage it.

freethought6t9 said:
I'm sorry but the Arab worlds hatred of Jews is solely based on Isreal displacing millions of Arabs and waging war on their Arab neighbours over the past 50 years, as well as their collusions with the west and the U.S. specifically.

N.B. America has done far more to halt the spread of democracy in the middle east than they have to encourage it.

Then why don't the Palistenians hate the Jordainians? Why aren't they trying to kill them? That's who displaced them. Who did the Israelis displace? OH they took some territory from someone who attacked them, SOP in a war.

But say we take you statement as fact, again so let's just let the Arabs kill off the Jews and Israel and there will be peace in the world?

Erm, not really sure how to respond to that one. You should really tell the Palestinians that they never lived in any of what is now Israel. Thats a bit of a **** poor sense of direction if you ask me. Also the PLO did try to assassinate the King of Jordan in 1970. Don't confuse the brevity of my post with the ignorance of palestinian arabs.

How could Isreal only capture territory after being attacked? They're wasn't an Israel until Palestinians were displaced, ipso facto there was no-one to attack.

As for your other remark, exactly which part of my 3 line post claimed an end to the Israeli Palestinian conflict would bring about world peace? I mean look at other conflicts in the middle east that have nothing to do with it. If you haven't anything intelligent to say keep your fingers to yourself please.

The end to the conflict wouldn't even halt the spread of anti-american sentiment in the region.

freethought6t9 said:
Erm, not really sure how to respond to that one. You should really tell the Palestinians that they never lived in any of what is now Israel. Thats a bit of a **** poor sense of direction if you ask me. Also the PLO did try to assassinate the King of Jordan in 1970. Don't confuse the brevity of my post with the ignorance of palestinian arabs.

How could Isreal only capture territory after being attacked? They're wasn't an Israel until Palestinians were displaced, ipso facto there was no-one to attack.

Your really gonna need to read up on this...So far you haven't been correct on anything...

In 1947, following increasing levels of violence by militant groups, alongside unsuccessful efforts to reconcile the Jewish and Arab populations, the British government decided to withdraw from the Palestine Mandate. Fulfillment of the 1947 UN Partition Plan would have divided the mandated territory into two states, Jewish and Arab, giving about half the land area to each state. Under this plan, Jerusalem was intended to be an international region under UN administration to avoid conflict over its status. Immediately following the adoption of the Partition Plan by the United Nations General Assembly, the Palestinian Arab leadership rejected the plan to create the as-yet-unnamed Jewish state and launched a guerilla war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isreal

I suggest you read the whole thing...

Listen, I didn't blame the Israelis for the displacement, it was part of the formulation of the U.N. which was a western proposal. My initial post was hurried and extremely short, trying to pinpoint the cause of anti-semitism in the middle east. I made no intentional claim to Israel starting any wars just their participation in them and treatment of palestinians being responsible for anti-israel sentiment.

As far as I'm aware I haven't made any anti-Israel remarks, I think treatment of palestinian refugees in other muslim countries are appalling and I also respect the rights of Israelis to live in peace in what they do regard as their holy land. The fact is, neither side can claim to have the moral high ground.

As for nothing I've said being correct, well, Israelis have illegally occupied palestinian land (the pull out began today in case you hadn't noticed), millions of arabs have been displaced, the PLO did attempt to assassinate the king of Jordan, Israel has extremely close ties to the U.S. and it has been at war with its Arab neighbours for over 50 years. "Waging war" was the wrong turn of phrase, I did not mean to lay blame at Israel's feet, I was only trying to point out reasons for anti-semitism in the middle east. It certainly isn't an ancient conflict since Jews sought refuge in the Ottoman Empire after their exile from Christendom.

Back
Top Bottom