• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Real Story Behind the Cheney Shooting

KCConservative said:
Quite true. There have been many (AWOL, Diebold, Haliburton, WMD, way too many to name). But none of them have ever stuck. I was just suggesting that this might be the one. :roll:

This bogus, innocent accident will not stick in my mind, even if there was alcohol involved. It was an accident, plain and simple. This is something the public will forget. Bush however, will not be forgotten.

alphieb said:
This bogus, innocent accident will not stick in my mind, even if there was alcohol involved. It was an accident, plain and simple. This is something the public will forget. Bush however, will not be forgotten.
Right. But the left is so desperate to find the one thing that will make up for their lack of vision and put them back in power. That's why they try to give all of these things legs. But in the end, they just keep failing.

You know, I don't think America wants an extreme lefty in office no more than they want an extreme righty. We already have witnessed the damage caused by our nation by the rightwing extremists. The hard leftwing would most likely be just as bad.

I predict that we, the moderates floating around here in the middle, have already had enough of this stupid partisanship extremism, from BOTH ends, and I think it's about time that we kick a little butt and take our country back.

alphieb said:
First of all, deaths are deaths, regardless of this number compared to last year or this number compared to ten years ago. Why not try to eliminate the problem all together? "Relatively constant" is still not acceptable.

The relevant points to my post:
-More guns do not mean more crime.
-More guns do not mean more deaths.

alphieb said:
First of all, deaths are deaths, regardless of this number compared to last year or this number compared to ten years ago. Why not try to eliminate the problem all together? "Relatively constant" is still not acceptable.

The obvious point he was making is that gun control DOESN'T eliminate the problem altogether. If it did, the trends would be exactly the opposite.

There is no evidence that gun control has the slightest effect on the crime rate, positive or negative.

Back
Top Bottom