• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The real reason why people avoid hospital care.

presluc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
After spending some time in a hospital, I found out the real reason why people avoid hospitals .

It's the food BLEAH!!! LOL

I have been off the forum for awhile due to health reasons but, I thought my first post should be a bit on the light side.

For the record any of the posters out there feel the same about hospital food?
If you haven't been in a hospital, should you have to go "God forbid" take some food with you.

Seriously, you want to go on a diet eat hospital food or should I say try to eat hospital food .

Christ I lost 5 pounds while in the hospital in 2 weeks.

Hope I didn't go too far on this little jest.:peace

Ladies and Gentlemen I await your views and comments.

Glad you are back, and glad the food didn't kill you! And you are 100% right - the food is worse than airline food (if that's even possible).

After spending some time in a hospital, I found out the real reason why people avoid hospitals .

I have been off the forum for awhile due to health reasons but, I thought my first post should be a bit on the light side.

If you haven't been in a hospital, should you have to go "God forbid" take some food with you.

Seriously, you want to go on a diet eat hospital food or should I say try to eat hospital food .

Well the Bakersfield Heart Hospital is the exact opposite, you can get fat if you don't watch it. They have a café in the hospital and that's were they get the meals for the patients. They have some very good fare there. My pops is going to get bypass surgery done and I for one, am happy that the food is good since pops in going to be in recovery there for about a week.

Glad you are back, and glad the food didn't kill you! And you are 100% right - the food is worse than airline food (if that's even possible).

Thanks Superfly I shall try to post better in the future:peace

By the same token, the expert medical care sucks at most good restaurants. ;)

Well the Bakersfield Heart Hospital is the exact opposite, you can get fat if you don't watch it. They have a café in the hospital and that's were they get the meals for the patients. They have some very good fare there. My pops is going to get bypass surgery done and I for one, am happy that the food is good since pops in going to be in recovery there for about a week.

Well, Michigan has had it's cutbacks and small towns like Hillsdale don't get top treatment especially a county hospital.

So I guess what you say is true depends on where you are and how much insurance you got.:peace

Sure the food might suck but they generally make up for it by giving away those sexy apron thingies.

My biggest complaint with hospitals is the frequent intervals that they wake you up to do tests or administer medications. Getting some decent rest seems very helpful to my recovery. ;)

My biggest complaint with hospitals is the frequent intervals that they wake you up to do tests or administer medications. Getting some decent rest seems very helpful to my recovery. ;)

There are a couple of reasons for that. Doctors want lab results when they start making rounds in the morning, and there are some labs that need to be done fasting, for accurate results.

Sure the food might suck but they generally make up for it by giving away those sexy apron thingies.

Ah , my friend my luck started going bad after the doctor said seems to be a problem with a hole in your lung going to have to admit you .

My doctor was always asking the nurse do we have the supplies we need for this procedure.

My nurses looked like female gangbangers lol:peace

There are a couple of reasons for that. Doctors want lab results when they start making rounds in the morning, and there are some labs that need to be done fasting, for accurate results.

I realize that their work schedule is unlikely to match my sleeping schedule, but I still don't like getting awakened only to experience pain. ;)

welcome back. glad you're ok.

I realize that their work schedule is unlikely to match my sleeping schedule, but I still don't like getting awakened only to experience pain. ;)

I wouldn't either, but then otoh, being in the hospital has to have its downside, or otherwise people would just want to move in and stay. :lol:

Yeah 1030pm. 1230am 430am 6 am and at rounds at 9am the doctor says you need to rest more. lol:peace

From what I'm hearing about the hospital here (near where I work, not where I live) you are lucky to be alive when they get done with you, so you can to eat the food.... :shock:

Trust me a some of that hospital stuff they call food I was fasting a lot:peace

Depends on what dietary restrictions you are on. If you are on the liquids or the no salt diet, you are pretty screwed at our hospital, but otherwise if you have no restrictions, they have a pretty college like menu--cake, pizza, burgers, hotdogs, salads, real meals--pretty much anything you want and you can order as much as you want.

From what I'm hearing about the hospital here (near where I work, not where I live) you are lucky to be alive when they get done with you, so you can to eat the food.... :shock:

Well I escaped from hospital care 3 times in 68 years. hopefully this last time will be the last time.:peace

Depends on what dietary restrictions you are on. If you are on the liquids or the no salt diet, you are pretty screwed at our hospital, but otherwise if you have no restrictions, they have a pretty college like menu--cake, pizza, burgers, hotdogs, salads, real meals--pretty much anything you want and you can order as much as you want.

I never understood why I would need a diet restriction with a partial collapsed lung. and a tube in my side.:peace

I never understood why I would need a diet restriction with a partial collapsed lung. and a tube in my side.:peace

Gotta keep you around until they max out your coverage and then you are healed or ready to go home to die. It is magical how that just corresponds so perfectly in the medical world. Free Market at its best--no waste.

My first reaction would be lactose heavy foods... the way I understand it, for some people, lactose can cause a mucus buildup, and maybe they have concerns about it being aspirated back into the lung.

Back
Top Bottom